Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys

The Broncos have taken down any pictures of TT in their clubhouse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys": [QUOTE]The Broncos have taken down any pictures of TT in their clubhouse Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] I just posted my thoughts on that in timesedge's Tebow to NE poll thread. If he came here as slash, boy the damage he could do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/257757/635/New-Manning-jerseys-go-into-production-

New Manning jerseys go into production

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : He has a massive forehead. His brother had the same problem in high school. He had to quit. Apparently, Gomer thinks he's above that.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    Dumb - not even close to the same condition.  Brother had spinal stenosis.  He had a pinched nerve. 

Think - don't feel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Wrong. Both are neck injuries and each are career threatening.  Also, each has massive foreheads. lol

They don't have to be the exact same injury, moron. The concept is the fear of career ending injury to the neck area.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong. Both are neck injuries and each are career threatening.  Also, each has massive foreheads. lol They don't have to be the exact same injury, moron. The concept is the fear of career ending injury to the neck area.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    Don't be a dum bass and try to cover up your mistake.  They don't have the same problem.  They are completely different.  You didn't say they had the same problem "area".    

I always know people are jealous when they attack something completely unrelated to the topic.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : The NFC is now "even" or "slightly above"...oh boy The NFC is much better/more competitive than the AFC at this time, easily There's a reason why the NFC has won the last 3 SB's and 4 of the past 5 The power shifts from time to time and right now and past few years NFC is the dominant conference
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    power shift was beginning to take shape in 2007 and is full on now.  4 of last 5 superbowls.  3 different teams.  No reason to see a demise from any of them except for NO for cheating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, he finally has a defense.  BUT I don't think he can replicate his success with the CLOTS, so I think it's a wash.  I said already he will never play again, so I'm still a bit surprised that he is even getting on the field.  Denver last year with anyone who could throw at all would have been a very tough out.  HOWEVER we have actual receivers now.  So, not too worried about it.  Still wonder if that neck is going to hold up.  My bet says no.  MAYBE makes it through the year, but probably not.  If he plays the Giants, I'm SURE those dirty b@st@rds will be gunning for that area. That is what they do, by their own admission.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Dave, 

You very well may be right.  The truth at this time is - "no one knows".  Its still all about the nerve regeneration.  that is happening, but is the pace such that he will be his "old self" by the time the season starts.  

The neck will hold up.  I really think that if there were issues with the neck, a doctor would have a SEVERE malpractice lawsuit on his hands for allowing him to play.  Further, other players have had the same surgery and returned to play.  That said, they may not have had the nerve damage that Manning has.  

So the issue isn't the neck itself (cue pezz and his rebuttal), its the nerve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Didn't Ellis Hobbs have a similar injury? He didn't come back at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Dave,  You very well may be right.  The truth at this time is - "no one knows".  Its still all about the nerve regeneration.  that is happening, but is the pace such that he will be his "old self" by the time the season starts.   The neck will hold up.  I really think that if there were issues with the neck, a doctor would have a SEVERE malpractice lawsuit on his hands for allowing him to play.  Further, other players have had the same surgery and returned to play.  That said, they may not have had the nerve damage that Manning has.   So the issue isn't the neck itself (cue pezz and his rebuttal), its the nerve.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well good morning dog!
    I see that once again, you are in need of my assistance.
    Even though my own dogs and horses probably have a better capacity for learning, I am a trainer by nature and have an innate obligation to try and help.

First off, before any surgery even happens, the subject is informed of any potential complications and required to sign a waiver acknowledging that.
    In other words, Payme has been informed of the dangers and accepts responsibility.
    Secondly, you couldn't be more wrong about the surgery being JUST a matter of nerve generation.  As I have told you before, there is an increased probability of damage to the corresponding discs due to added pressure on them.
    Here's an except from a study confirming that:

The dilemma with fusing increasing numbers of levels is that it places more pressure and strain on the unfused segments. On the other hand, trying to ‘cherry pick’ the one or two bad levels risks inadequately treating the patient’s problem.

Other surgeons feel that fusing only the clearly pathological level(s) (e.g. the one with the herniation that is causing the arm pain) is desirable as it maintains more of the normal motion and biomechanics of the neck.

There is no definitive answer as to which philosophy is better, and each individual patient is a little different. As a patient, the best way to consider this factor is to realize that the number of levels fused is a balancing act. Saving motion segments is desirable but comes at the cost of either under-treating the original problem or possibly needing another level fused in the near future.

The chance that another level will need to be fused in the future is difficult to quantify. Some studies have suggested that the rate of adjacent disc breakdown requiring further surgery is between 10% to 25%.

References

1. Anderson DG, et al. Donor Site Morbidity After Anterior Iliac Crest Bone Harvest for Single-Level Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion.
    2. Sasso RC, et al. Iliac crest bone graft donor site pain after lumbar interbody fusion: a prospective patient satisfaction outcome assessment

(That 10-25% is with normal activity.  Continuing the activity that caused the problem in the first place would greatly increase those odds.)

Putting "blinders" on horses is often beneficial as it eliminates distractions and aids in concentration.
    Putting "blinders" on people, only inhibits their ability to reason.
    Take those darn blinders off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : power shift was beginning to take shape in 2007 and is full on now.  4 of last 5 superbowls.  3 different teams.  No reason to see a demise from any of them except for NO for cheating.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

SF is in trouble if Smith walks. Big trouble.  Detroit has cap issues and just overpaid Calvin Johnson. Expect cuts.  NOs has some cap issues and is involved in a massive scandal with draft picks to gouge their future plans.

Houston and KC ascending in the AFC.  If a team isn't built correctly, you can fall back to a 9-7 season (or worse) very easily in this league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : Don't be a dum bass and try to cover up your mistake.  They don't have the same problem.  They are completely different.  You didn't say they had the same problem "area".     I always know people are jealous when they attack something completely unrelated to the topic.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

How is a possible career neck injury for Gomer like his brother had, not "related"? 

You're the one getting in speficis, and that's your business. I don't really care about the exact specifics of each.  What we know is, their brother stopped playing because of a neck problem and this issue with Gomer is also career threatening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys :      After all this seemingly endless Peyton propaganga, I'm beginning to remember why it was that I couldn't stomach Ol' Horseface.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    LOL! Now that I think of it, I don't hate The Dolts so much (But this might  change, who knows?) now that he is gone from there! Horseface, LMAO! I wonder if Denver is starting to build a Domed Stadium for him as we speak, because I just don't see him doing as Great as he was in his "Perfect Environment Conditions" that he had (Piped In Crowd Noise and all.) such a Huge Avantage in all those years in Indy. Oh well, we shall see???

17. This post has been removed.