Marcus Spears

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Marcus Spears

I know he is a RFA for the Cowboys, but is only set to make $1.2plus mil if he returns back to Dallas.  What would it take to get him into NE?

He is from LSU (saban) and he is pretty big.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Marcus Spears

Spears is a quality defensive lineman. He was a Tiger.

He is 26 and just coming into his prime. I would compare him (favorably) to Ty Warren. He isn't the playmaker that Seymour was, but he is rock solid at the POA. 

He was given a second round tender, and is currently unsigned. I am guessing that he would likely be looking for money in the range of Chris Canty's contract, so something ballpark $7 million per season at extension. 

A second rounder and investment of that nature seems unlikely, IMO.

I would rather see how Pryor looks after another season of development. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

zbellino,

I take it you see Spears as a 3-4 DE in the pats defense?...Do you consider pryor the same, or more of a 4-3 DT?

There is a premium on 3-4 DE's, I think one of our 2nds would suffice, as I don't think we could find anyone in the draft (dropping to us) (less Odrick maybe at 22) that could fit that profile....am I wrong?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I wouldnt give up the 2nd rounder for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

spears was tendered at his original draft position, which is a first round pick. no way is he worth that. the cowboys might take a second in return, but they are probably content to let him play out the season at low money and see if he gets motivated for free agency. i dont see anything happening with him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I have a strong feeling we are going to hear Roger Goodell call out the name "Jared Odrick" at #22 in April.  The Pats love to build the defensive line in the first round and right now there is a gaping hole at left end.  Odrick is the prototype 3-4 end who can hold the point of attack and disrupt the back field from time to time.

I easily could be wrong but I definitely get that feeling.