Mark Barron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Mark Barron

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/382590/mark-barron
    1st Round Pick of The New England Patriots right here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Mark Barron

You wouldn't hear any complaints from me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is he projected to be available when the Pats pick?  He is the number 1 safety in this draft so I thought he might be gone a bit sooner.  There is a definite need at safety, but I don't think he is worth trading up for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

doubt he'll be there for the 32nd pick.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

MOVE UP and get him. Package 1st and 3rd,
    Also MOVE UP and get Kuelchy. Package again.
    I am sick to death of wasted picks Merriweather, Price, Vereen and such. Gotta get some playmakers on defense.
    Sometimes I think BB is so arrogant he really wants to coach a defense of totally undrafted guys just to prove his genius. The Pats D stinks because with the exception of Mayo and Wilfork it is untalented. Talent wins. MOVE UP and get some.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Barron:
    [QUOTE]MOVE UP and get him. Package 1st and 3rd, Also MOVE UP and get Kuelchy. Package again. I am sick to death of wasted picks Merriweather, Price, Vereen and such. Gotta get some playmakers on defense. Sometimes I think BB is so arrogant he really wants to coach a defense of totally undrafted guys just to prove his genius. The Pats D stinks because with the exception of Mayo and Wilfork it is untalented. Talent wins. MOVE UP and get some.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

You are severly underestimating what it would take to move up to get both of those guys and if you really think the D is lacking for talent why you would want to invest so much in 2 guys?  Also Kuechly just seems like a smaller version of Mayo to me (although I am by no means an expert).  Why would the Pats draft him exactly?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I have been following this guy for a while now. He would be great playing opposite of chung, but I don't think there is a chance he will be there when we pick. We can still hope though.

Rob Lester, Alabama's FS, looks like he could be a BB kind of pick. He plays hard and was overshadowed by Barron throughout the year. He is smart and has already graduated from what I have seen. Lester is only a junior and may not enter the draft, but if he does I think BB would like him. I hope we use our one first rounder (since one of them will be traded) on a DE or OLB, but we need to pick a safety in this draft and I like this guy in the second or third if he enters the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvhYLMdfrU

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I have been following this guy for a while now. He would be great playing opposite of chung, but I don't think there is a chance he will be there when we pick. We can still hope though. Rob Lester, Alabama's FS, looks like he could be a BB kind of pick. He plays hard and was overshadowed by Barron throughout the year. He is smart and has already graduated from what I have seen. Lester is only a junior and may not enter the draft, but if he does I think BB would like him. I hope we use our one first rounder (since one of them will be traded) on a DE or OLB, but we need to pick a safety in this draft and I like this guy in the second or third if he enters the draft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvhYLMdfrU
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one hobo. I see Barron going in the teens, possibly to the Jets. The cost alone to move up and grab him will be enormous for a single player. I did like Lester and see the similarities between him and Barron (although Lester seems to like to move inside with zone coverage leaving holes in coverage along the sideline). However, from my understanding Lester was going to base his decision on whether to declare based on his performance in the Champ game. He had a rather mundane game so imo I think he's going to go back to school and try to get into the 1st next year.

Another couple of interesting S's that would be around the Lester pick would be Martin and Rambo. Past them though I'm really not seeing much for S's this year

I think our best option will be to go after a FA S this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pass rusher is needed, the secondary can be fixed in FA. Imagine if the Pats had a JPP, a Von Miller or an Aldon Smith? 

This team would be much better. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I heard the same about Lester entering the draft. I don't think he has made a decision, but it would make sense for him to play college ball for another year. However, I think some of those issues with him are things BB would feel he could coach up. We need a good ball hawk safety.

I do like Martin as well. The big issue I see with him is tackling, but that isn't anything  the coaches can't hammer into his head.

This draft does seem to be rather weak at safety...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Agreed, Jri. The team desperately needs a good center. Brewster could be a good pick at Center, too.

I could see the team getting Andre Branch for the D-line as well. Imo, the team really needs C, G, DE, OLB, and S. We are eventually going to need some WRs too, but I think those positions need the most help.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Konz would be great, I was just throwing another name out there in case he is picked up elsewhere. Brewster also has a history of playing guard.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Patseng is right. With a not so deep safety class, Barron will most likely go in the teens. Not worth trading up for. He ils good, but in my mind a cross between change and a coverage safety. I think a lot of this depends onnwhat we do with mcd long term. My vote is to take a safety late to develop, and grab one pin FA. On kuechly...he makes sense only if we run a majority 4-3. He is taller than mayo but leaner as well. He will be a good olb in ghat scheme, not much more unless he wants to add 20 lbs or so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

We'll do what we always do - if the guy BB wants isn't there or if he thinks we can get the guy a little later and pick up some free goodies, then we'll trade back and pick up first, second and third rounders for next year.

AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT.

Why? because for every Clay Matthews that we miss, we pick up a Gronk, a Hernandez, a Spikes, and a Chung. I'll take that any day!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I have been following this guy for a while now. He would be great playing opposite of chung, but I don't think there is a chance he will be there when we pick. We can still hope though. Rob Lester, Alabama's FS, looks like he could be a BB kind of pick. He plays hard and was overshadowed by Barron throughout the year. He is smart and has already graduated from what I have seen. Lester is only a junior and may not enter the draft, but if he does I think BB would like him. I hope we use our one first rounder (since one of them will be traded) on a DE or OLB, but we need to pick a safety in this draft and I like this guy in the second or third if he enters the draft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvhYLMdfrU
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

lester was my fs pick if we go fs in he draft. i prefer to pcik it up in free agency.
    lester, reported here by mb, is staying in school. pick up the fs in fa

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Pass rusher is needed, the secondary can be fixed in FA. Imagine if the Pats had a JPP, a Von Miller or an Aldon Smith?  This team would be much better. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

on board with a de pas rusher and a much faster lb.
    big outside receiver, te (fleener), center

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Most good teams are built on the O and D lines. With the pat's #1 commodity being brady I would love to see them take the C/G Konz from Wisc. That would give them a young and talented O-line of Solder, Mankins, Konz, Waters if you re-sign if not Cannon and Volmer.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

center in the 3rd better or 2b.
    konxz likely gone in the 20s

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I'd rather sign D. Goldson or Michael Griffin or Laron Landry in FA. 

The Pats secondary, with the addition of said FA Safety, is plenty good enough if you're reshaping the front 7 through draft to rival that of the NYG, Cowboys or Steelers.