Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway?

How can you be talking about Maroney and Burgess. At least they did something. Was Galloway or Warren involved in any play? I don't think they were involved in even one play. And spare me the "stretching the field" bull. Did we trade Warren to the Raiders with Seymour or is he hurt? I never expected anything from Galloway anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Re: Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway?

Galloway was thrown two twice. Can't blame him for not being on the same page as Brady when 12 is throwing to Moss and Welker 24 times.

Warren was in on 2 tackles...not much, but let's not jump the gun.

Burgess had 3 tackles and a sack, pretty good performance for game 1.

Maroney had a good kickoff return, and a pretty good first quarter but then reverted to his side-stepping ways that will result in Morris or Taylor getting a boost on the depth chart if he doesn't turn it around.

Belichick may be hesitant to give up on a first rounder like Maroney just yet. But enough is enough, if the guy can't gain 3 or 4 yards consistently, what's the point?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I guess you are misunderstood on what exactly Ty Warren does cuz hes one of the most reliable forces on our defense. Hes a pure dominating lineman, teaming up with Wilfork they both are a brick wall when it comes to runs up the middle. Im hoping you arent serious.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

How about Hank Baskett (Mr. Kendra)? He was recently released by Eagles and he is worth a look. He is a big target ala Moss (6-4, 220). Not even of the same playing caliber though. But I am sure he has a lot of thread seeing he is only 27, and could make a good #3. I am sure he would be cap-friendly too.
    Any thoughts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

i thought Maroney had a good game. He was very good in the open field. He along with every other back the Pats have, are too often met in the backfield with no where to go. This is not the fault of any of the rb's.
    i also thought Wilfork had one of his poorer games. had his usual hustle/effort, but he was often blacked out of the play by a single defender, and i saw him turned around at least 3 times.
    didn't think either ball thrown to galloway was catchable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Amazing how good Seymour looked last night.  Guess he feels like playing again....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

gallowway was thrown to twice,and the ball was in the dirt,and over his head,but he will be more of a stallworth role.warren ties up players to help free up the rushing lanes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Maroney is awful plain and simple he gets 2 yards at most. Fred taylor should split playing time with sammie morris, and give Faulk the 3rd down. I cant stand Maroney any longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Unfortunately with the departure of Seymour Warren will now face the 2x more often. He is a great run stuffing end in the 3-4 and like Seymour his #s will not always tell the story of how good he is.

We saw Sey play the 4-3 last night and the results were obvious. He gets at the QB through 2x teams. He can be a dominate blitzing DE who consistently can pressure the QB. We used him as  more of a gap filler run stuffer. We will miss him but I think the D line looked very solid last night.

Maroney looked good and Taylor alright but I do think the only problem playing a committee is that one guy can not get in a rhythm early.

Anyways Warren is a great DE not sure what your talking about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway?:
    [QUOTE]...We will miss him but I think the D line looked very solid last night.... 
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I thought they were spotty, got dominated at times by a subpar O-line manned by rookies and no names.  We can complain about Warren, but is Mike Wright  really a starter in the NFL?  Really?  He hustles, but he's not a good football player.  He's always getting overwhelmed.  Rarely even stands his ground.  Maybe special teams. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway? : I thought they were spotty, got dominated at times by a subpar O-line manned by rookies and no names.  We can complain about Warren, but is Mike Wright  really a starter in the NFL?  Really?  He hustles, but he's not a good football player.  He's always getting overwhelmed.  Rarely even stands his ground.  Maybe special teams. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Wright isn't a bad back up but starting Im not sold on either. The line for the most part contained the run. I think we had 4 sacks.  Also we really only gave up 17 pnts on defense with under 300 total yards. More positives then negatives with the defense who lost its leader early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you are misunderstood on what exactly Ty Warren does cuz hes one of the most reliable forces on our defense. Hes a pure dominating lineman, teaming up with Wilfork they both are a brick wall when it comes to runs up the middle. Im hoping you arent serious.  
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

you must have been watching a differnt game than me bro,  all i saw was ty warren getting blocked from the left side fo the Defense to the Right Side by a Rookie, and to make it worse he had his back to the offense when this was happpening, he was dominated all game by A ROOKIE, what is he gonna do against Woody,Furgeson and Mangold, real Pro-Bowl linemen?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney and Burgess? How about Warren and Galloway? : I thought they were spotty, got dominated at times by a subpar O-line manned by rookies and no names.  We can complain about Warren, but is Mike Wright  really a starter in the NFL?  Really?  He hustles, but he's not a good football player.  He's always getting overwhelmed.  Rarely even stands his ground.  Maybe special teams. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

We got overwhelmed a lot more in the running game by the Bills because of personel matchups from what I could see.  We ran a 2-4-5 defense often using only 2 tackles upfront, usually Warren and Wilfork.  They ran a little but probably because we had a lighter defensive front than usual not subpar play.