Maroney Baloney!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Maroney Baloney!!!!!

Lawrence maroney played last season with a BROKEN shoulder.

He played runningback, in the NFL.... with a broken shoulder.

Watch who you are calling a "beeyatch"  Mr .Keyboard quarterback. You wouldn't last through halftime in a high school football game with a broken shoulder let alone fathom the abuse you would take in a single NFL running-play.

classic example of Bill Belichick's reluctance to give away injury information backfiring in unexpected places. Clearly, had more patriots fans been aware of the pain he must have been playing in, surely they would give him more of a break.

Leatherhelmet created an account and mashed his biceps against the keyboard and left us with this contemptible wall of text that only makes me wonder if I should be embarrassed for reading it.

0/10.

If I could guess, here is what I think leatherhelmet looks like.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

Leatherhelemt i'm not so sure as to why you are so down on Lawerence Maroney... i mean yeah last season he sustained a broken bone in his shoulder which kept him out for the majority of the season and limiting him to only 28 carries garniering a dismal 93 years on the season... however, if you are to look at this stats for the other two years he spent with the team one can clearly see he isn't the bust that many believe him to be... in 2006 he had 175 carries on the season earning 745 yards scoring 6 touchdowns he also had 194 recieving yards and 1 recieving touchdown... then in 2007 maroney carried the ball 185 times whilr gaining 835 yards and had 4 recptions for 129 yards

Now considering the fact the the New England Patriots are a "pass first" offense, and the fact that in both 2006 and 2007 Maroney was sharing the running responsiblities with a couple other running backs (i.e Dillion, Morris, Faulk), it would appear to me that Maroney has been anything but a bust. I think that we as fans of the NFL are gonna have to come to terms and realize that the era of a premier running back or all but over and your rarely going to find a L.T or a Peterson who are guarnteed to rush for 1,000+ yards every season . Rather teams are gonna rely heavily on two or three running backs that are expected to carry the ball 20 times a game and earn 500+ yards a season

Having said that, it is my opinion that Lawerance Maroney should not be considered a bust... i do however agree that he tends to dance around in the backfield but i feel that that is fixable and that under the tutilage of Fred Taylor Maroney is going to be more decisive and a productive downhill runner instead of a runner that looks as if he is auditioning for dancing with the stars

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bookman603. Show bookman603's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney Baloney!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]P.S.S.  where ever did u find the picture of my senior prom???  Popeye never did have Sheeyite on me!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

Senior prom? Glad to see you managed to graduate about the same time you became eligible for social security.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Maroney is fast. One safety has to stay back or he can break it. BJGE is a strong runner, all heart, but top end speed is not his best asset. If you run BJGE or Morris than you allow the opposing defense to sneak up. You can not teach speed - watch Peterson at Minnesota run. When Peterson runs does he look like Morris or BJGE or Maroney?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Maroney Baloney!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]"Click your heels 3 times Moron-ic hopefuls!!!"Let me take the Maroney defenders to a REALISTIC time and place.Back before Moron-ney was a high(not to mention Highly anticipated draft choice)Fast forward 3 yrs......Maroney is to Herschel Walker is equal to or greater than Steve Grogan is to Tony Eason???There is only ONE young running back who seems to be the real heir apparent to a BB style TRUE high powered offense and it ain't Larry(Isn't that what Fishburn used to go by before he landed a real role...I digress)Where was I???(that darned short term memory loss..)Oh yeah..Maroney is kevin Faulk's replacement at best............................and honestly,that wouldnt be that bad if you forget the fact that he was picked so high....Oh yeah again....Benjarvus Green-Ellis..reminds of Marion Barber with better vision!!!Remember...when the Pats won Super Bowls(not Reg. season records)they won with backs who moved the chains on 3rd down( I.e...Antoine Smith and  Corey Dillon)Maroney runs like a BEEYATCH and Green-Ellis doesn't.You feel me??????
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

What surprises me is not that some fans (or trolls, depending upon your perspective) are down on Maroney -- I can understand that to a certain extent. What surprises me is that anyone was able to respond to this gibberish in any kind of coherent fashion. I've been reading English for years, and I can't make heads or tails of this.

And did he really call that guy a peasant?

Peasant -- that's innovative smack right there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney Baloney!!!!! : Hey Leatherhelmet, thanks so much for clarifying your point... and while i still feel that Maroney is a starter for the pats this year, i will have to agree with you on the fact that Maroney is a viable replacemet for Kevin Faulk. I do believe that Maroney and Faulk share certain qualities that make Maroney the sort of front runner for Faulk's replacement (i.e. his break away speed, his performance in open space, as well as his effectiveness catching the ball out of the backfield) But yeah, it should be interesting to see how the patriots use Maroney this season and hopefully he does well and silences his critics and proves that he deserves to start for us

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I share the frustrations with Maroney.  I think he might do better in another system, like the slant run in Denver.

BB's RB"S need to run down hill and get the tough yards.  Of all the RB's on the pats, if we needed 1.5 yards, Maroney would be my LAST choice.

Agree that Maroney has break away speed, but it is too infrequent and the rest of the time, he is injured.  Let's face it, Maroney was a bust as a 1st round draft pick.  If we picked him up as a 7th rounder, i would not be so down on him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

Maroney gets injured too much, but we do have a plether of RB's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I'd say Bust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Get off the guys Asz. What ever we get from him this year is a bonus. He's not all that bad. U watch, he'll come through 4 us and nexy year he'll B gone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We'll use him 4 the risky sh*t like kick off's and punts and sreen passes. The guys very, very good in the open field. And I don't think reggie bush IS ANY BETTER, talk about a BUST!!! Marony is not that bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Maroney Baloney!!!!! : What surprises me is not that some fans (or trolls, depending upon your perspective) are down on Maroney -- I can understand that to a certain extent. What surprises me is that anyone was able to respond to this gibberish in any kind of coherent fashion. I've been reading English for years, and I can't make heads or tails of this. And did he really call that guy a peasant ? Peasant -- that's innovative smack right there.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Why am i not suprised that i only have one semi-supporter on this thread.

Its kind of sad how low the standards are on Patriots boards.

The Bruins ones are much better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

All I've every heard about Moroney was...potential.  Yeah, he's had a few good games.  IN fact, he's had a few consecutive good games- that's it.  (Notice I am not pointing at consecutive good seasons?)

Fortunately, the Pats stopped putting all their (running game) chips on his...potential.  Rather, they brought a number of other backs onboard, just in case Mr. Potnetial didn't come through.  Are you Maroney fans willing to pin a championship on his potential?  How'd ya like to get into the semis and have an injurred Moroney and/or a Moroney who...just couldn't cut it?  Sound familiar?

Obviously, other football people feel the same way.  More specifically, if he can contribute at a high level- great; we'll take.  (After all, he is paid to play.)  However, if his performance and/or lack of is anything like his track record, perhaps, it's best to stock up on the RB's, yeah?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

The guy had 2 not so bad seasons with us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have been patiently waiting and defending Maroney but my patience is running thin. I posted on another thread that BJG is running hard and moving piles and LM better wake up or he will be waring the bench or looking for employment. Come on man start running with some heart!!!

Go Pats!