Maroney is a stud!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

Maroney is a stud!

Yo! He ran like a stud!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Maroney is a stud!

I was going to start a '' love for LM ''' thread but this will do. I don't think he is a stud but i do think he ran hard today, he ran north/south, he dragged tacklers, 20 carries for 80 plus yards is a good outing. I think he had only 3 negative runs. I hope he does this next week, his hard running is a key factor in beating the colts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this is the same guy that many pats fans suggested the pats should leave in London a couple weeks ago.  i've been saying this all year... but i'll say it again. HE HAS BEEN UNJURED! before the season opener this year maroney hadnt played since week 5 of 2008 the season.  we gave brady the benefit of the doubt when he was coming back from injury, but expected maroney to run like adrian peterson??? lets be logical here.  the talent is there. let him build on this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Maloney is not, I repeat not a stud. I hear the only reason he ran so hard today was because the Kraft family was holding his mother hostage in the Play Calling booth! I would play Sammy Moris over him everyday and twice on tuesday nights. Now stop this Bafoonery about Mulhoney

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Maroney is a work in progress. At times he ran hard and had me saying "why cant  you run like that all the time?" and other times he had me saying "nevermind, hes back." I think hes getting better at running hard and not dancing as much. Hopefully the more reps he gets, the better hes gonna get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Credit whwre Credit is do ...

Maroney was a football player today

(Guess he can safely put his Dancing with the Stars career on hold for at least another week )

Make no mistake though ...

When Sammy & Freddy are healthy again ... Larry services should be politely cut back .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

your crazy wendylee, maroney ran hard really hard and lowered the BOOM!!! a couple times on some defenders to fight for extra yardage. We havent seen this out of him in a while(putting good games together within a couple weeks of each other) and that is great running on his part(again finally). he definitly has talent like Fowler said, he needs to be more consitant(as were always saying) you cant deny that he has talent cuz he does, you can never give up on a first round pick!!!! sammy morris isnt that good hes old and has been more injured than maroney. LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm with you Fowler, the same ones screaming for his head three weeks ago are pretty quiet now. I made a list of the LM haters and I'm just waiting for them to jump over. If your going to bash him when he plays bad at least give a shout out when he doesn't. You know who you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney is a stud!:
    [QUOTE]I'm with you Fowler, the same ones screaming for his head three weeks ago are pretty quiet now. I made a list of the LM haters and I'm just waiting for them to jump over. If your going to bash him when he plays bad at least give a shout out when he doesn't. You know who you are.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

So one good game makes a difference.How about all the crap games.Iknow he has been hurt and it does make a huge difference but he is a first round pick,look around the nfl at other first round picks.It's only ne for the last 15 years that our first round running back picks are injury prone mistakes.I don't blame him ,its a brutal sport.and remember the oline did block.The problem is bill is sucked into a black hole because no other team has this draft problem,and so he goes  with older backs hoping they can stay healthy and not waste another first round pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]So one good game makes a difference.How about all the crap games.Iknow he has been hurt and it does make a huge difference but he is a first round pick,look around the nfl at other first round picks.It's only ne for the last 15 years that our first round running back picks are injury prone mistakes.I don't blame him ,its a brutal sport.and remember the oline did block.The problem is bill is sucked into a black hole because no other team has this draft problem,and so he goes  with older backs hoping they can stay healthy and not waste another first round pick
    Posted by james355[/QUOTE]

All that matters is he's going N/S and putting his head down. He's has a pass first O-Line and had three good games (with limited touches across the pond) and looks much better. All I heard was go after someone after Morris went out and I said he could hold down the fort with Law Firm and the threads were many and long against. 

Shanahan and BB both said this kid could be great, I'll go with their opinions and stick with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maroney was great today, and has been building momentum over recent weeks.  I'm starting to get the feeling we got with him over the second half of 2007.  It seems when Maroney is healthy, and isn't thinking about a nagging injury, he is a different player.

And for those who say "on some plays, I still see the old Maroney".... Every running back in the NFL has negative plays sometimes.  When you carry the ball 20 times in a game, some of them are not going to go anywhere.  That doesn't mean he's "dancing".  On some plays, there is simply nowhere to run at all.  That was the case 2-3 times today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I agree with "coolguy" MOST of the game he ran hard and REALLY lowered his head at the point of contact. He played like a BEAST, it was great to see. But a handful of other times he'd start way back to get a good head of steam going, then, without getting hit, SCREECH to a stop at the line where he'd promptly be dropped for a small loss. I worry if he plays as haed as he did today, that he will be on IR real quick. I also believe that our line isn't the greatest at opening holes. If we had Adrian Peterson from his first day in the NFL, he would NOT be the Adrian Peterson he is today. Not even close, IMHO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Pats need him to run hard at the Colts and help keep Manning n the sideline for as long as possbile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Maroney runs like this for the next four weeks I will personally apologize on this site for calling him Baloney Maroney. Until then, my Baloney has a first name, it's M-a-r-o-n-e-y. Sam, if you don't have my name on your list add it, please.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

i was glad to see him run the way he did today, even if powering through gets you little or nothing at times, it's so much better to watch rather than dancing and getting tackled for a loss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Citall. Show Citall's posts

In Response to Maroney is a stud!:
    [QUOTE]Yo! He ran like a stud!
    Posted by rolfer[/QUOTE]

second or third best game I have seen him play...the last time he played this well, he kept it going for quite a few games..it is encouraging

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]i was glad to see him run the way he did today, even if powering through gets you little or nothing at times, it's so much better to watch rather than dancing and getting tackled for a loss
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

I agree with patsfaninpa - any running back is suppose to follow the blocks to the left or the right and if there is no room than you have to power through. Maroney looked good - he ran strong - I have said it before and will repeat it - I think his lack of production is a mental thing which can be overcome. Sammy Morris is a good guy but he is does not have the speed of Maroney. If Sammy has a hole he gets tackled 20 yards away - Maroney can take it to the house. Miami is a big physical team and hard to run on - next week will tell with Maroney because if he can not run against Indy something is wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

not a stud, but ran very well yesterday and was one of the reasons why the pats beat the fish yesterday. Good job Maroney! now keep it up - Run for the $$$!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The O-Line did a pretty good job for Maroney yesterday.  They gave him some good holes to run through.  He got stuffed a couple of times, but he also put his head down and got some tough yards.

All in All im happy with his production yesterday and if the line can continue to open up the gaps like that, then I expect him to continue to run this way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

If a "stud" deliberately runs into the back of his offensive lineman because he's afraid to get hit, and then because of sheer luck finds himself with a huge hole, and a "stud" gets tackled early but out of sheer luck happens to role on top of another player and the defense thinks he is down, and if a "stud" dances so well that the announcers point it out every play, then Maroney is quite the stud!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]Maloney is not, I repeat not a stud. I hear the only reason he ran so hard today was because the Kraft family was holding his mother hostage in the Play Calling booth! I would play Sammy Moris over him everyday and twice on tuesday nights. Now stop this Bafoonery about Mulhoney
    Posted by Wendylee03[/QUOTE]

Yeah because Morris have really proven he is a better back. Has he ever stayed healthy for more then 5 games in a season?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]If Maroney runs like this for the next four weeks I will personally apologize on this site for calling him Baloney Maroney. Until then, my Baloney has a first name, it's M-a-r-o-n-e-y. Sam, if you don't have my name on your list add it, please.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he's AP and I know where we got him in the draft and how he measures up against Barber and the likes. What I am saying is he's playing well and I think he'll continue on playing well with a pitiful run blocking O-Line. This teams focus is giving TB time to check down, not open holes like it or not so if AP or Barber were here they wouldn't be doing as well either.

Like I said on my original post, I'm not going anywhere. If he goes back to dancing or if he goes out with yet another injury I'll be here to take it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Maroney got some tough yards yesterday. He is not Adrian Peterson and never will be. If he can continue to improve and have a couple 100 yrd games when the tough weather hits I'll be happy with that. Everyone likes to play the fantasy game and wonder what life for the Pats O would be like with Peterson or whoever. UNREALISTIC. Peterson, LT, LJ, Thomas Jones ,Ronnie Brown and 0 Super Bowls. I'll take a stud QB over a stud RB every time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]If a "stud" deliberately runs into the back of his offensive lineman because he's afraid to get hit, and then because of sheer luck finds himself with a huge hole, and a "stud" gets tackled early but out of sheer luck happens to role on top of another player and the defense thinks he is down, and if a "stud" dances so well that the announcers point it out every play, then Maroney is quite the stud!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Are you saying he's missing the hole and purposely running into peoples backs? He had 83 against one of the best rushing D's in the league and that's not enough? 
    And even when he has a good play like rolling over and keeping the play alive he gets nothing? Any other RB and you'd be saying nice play. But your right and BB's wrong, let's get rid of him.