Maroney Needs to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Maroney Needs to go

In Response to Re: Maroney Needs to go:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney Needs to go : He is Belichick's love child and can do not wrong in the eyes of his master.  I actually blame Belichick for failing to upgrade running back position which has been an ongoing problem going back to 2006.  I am tired of Maroney's indecisiveness and inability to see the field, an old and broken Fred Taylor and an injury prone Sammy Morris.  Faulk has been outstanding and Benjie G-E remains an outsider in favor of the underachiving Maroney.  Belichick has had sufficient opportunity in the past 3 years to draft or sign a stud runner as a free agent and has, instead, put his trust in Maroney who is unlikely to fufill his promise as a 1st round draft pick.  Belichick is to blame for the mess at running back for sticking with Maroney and not bringing in quality replacements by free agency or the draft.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think we would have a mess if Smith and Taylor were healthy.  I thought that Belichick was saving Taylor for the 2nd half of the season.  He did look better than Manroney.  But I guess, Fred being Fred, we can wonder about that type of thinking.

I still don't think the OL is doing a good job of run blocking.  Maroney hasn't been as advertised, I admit.  But, to throw him under the bus for the lack of a running game isn't necessary either.  Another detriment is Maroney's running style.  He stands up.  I don't care for this type of runner personally but I'm not throwing him under the bus because of it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney Needs to go : I saw bjge get some carries the last couple of weeks,and saw him mostly go backwards.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

actually law firm averages 4.5 yards per carry, maroney 3.9.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney Needs to go : Maroney dances because there is no hole. Maroney is much stronger and more explosive than the Law Firm - it is not even close - watch them run and it is obvious who is who. Maroney needs some blocking. Why could Maroney run on the Fins and Jets late in the game but not earlier?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

a quality NFL RB will not run into the butt of his own lineman and just stop when the hole's not there. Instead, he'll break it outside and find one. watch tapes of the great ones and the current top RBs in the league. They don't always have huge holes opening up for them, at least half the time they have to squirm through a little crease or go lateral until they find some running room. Even the best OLines don't always open huge holes for their backs. remember, the defense gets paid, too.  

Maroney just can't or won't do that for whatever reason. He's making the same mistakes he made since day one. He'll never be a feature RB in the NFL. Sure he has potential but, as yogi said " all potential means is that you haven't done sh*t yet".

IMO, we need to package some picks together to move up and take the top rated RB in this draft. If we had an actual, quality running game our offense would be unstoppable

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Maroney Needs to go:
    [QUOTE]I'm not saying Maroney is a total bust, but I think we need to upgrade with a younger faster back. Two Red Zone fumbles two games in a row is unacceptable. The one against the Dolts was costly. Either way Maroney hasn't lived up to his expectations and we need a big time upgrade at running back any thoughts?
    Posted by NEPATS09[/QUOTE]

Trade him away for who? He is what we have. I think he is a decent back and if given the ball and support can run. (Not loving the fumbles)

For those who are "tired" of explaining to fans, get real, what a bs thing to say, you oh high and mighty football genius....how many teams are you coaching right now??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3860569. Show user_3860569's posts

The Big thing that we need is another Curtis Martin and those kind of players are very hard to come by, but if BB can see one in the draft I say go for it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney Needs to go : Maybe if you count 2005 among his first few.  He's the one who started the turnover debacle in Denver.  If he hadn't fumbled there, Pats would have kept the ball until the end of the half, probably scored at least a field goal, Broncos wouldn't have gotten that TD followed by Hobbs fumble, then the team wouldn't have been so anxious and turned it over again 3 more times.  By the way, 2005 was the worst rushing year this team has had in the current era, don't know why people are saying the problem started in 2006. And let's not forget Faulk tipping the pass for an interception against Indy in 2006 on our game tying drive - if not for that, we score a TD, beat Indy, and don't have to play them in their dome that year in the playoffs.  And let's not forget Faulk can't make a clean 2.5 yard catch!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Yeah your right Faulk is the problem. GOOD ONE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I love the "We need to upgrade our RB" people. Here it is and it has been said in here. The Pats are a pass first team. Its that simple. With Brady, Moss, and Welker they are always going to be that.

Last year the Pats ran for 2,278 yards as a team. That is the highest total they have had since 1985. Yes thats even threw the Corey Dillion and Curtis Martin days. Now I ask you who were the RB's last season? Oh thats right it was Maroney, BJGE, Morris and Faulk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

not a big fan of maroney, but thank god we have him this season with the injuries to the back field. i think they do need to resign him, but he is not gonna be a featured back, but rather a replacement to kevin faulk when he does retire. i think maroney would fill that roll nicely, he can catch out of the back field, line up as a receiver, runs great in open space, and is some what serviceable as a traditional running back. i hope they do go out and get that every down back that this team needs. but for now, he has plenty of variables that the pats utilize well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

also to those that think the 'law firm' is better, you gotta get off the rock. though i'm not a maroney fan, he does happen to be a better back than bjge.
    and to those hating on faulk, seem to forget just how valueable he has been over this past decade. he is arguably the best 3rd down back in the NFL and one of the best of all time. the 4th @ 2 and the fumbles and all that bulls*@t, i'd take him over anyone else on the team but welker, which goes without saying!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Tiki Barber had a fumbling problem, Maroney does not.  He's actually been surehanded in his career compared to the average back.  Everybody fumbles, even Jim Brown put the ball on the ground, quite often actually.  Maroney is what he is, an average football player.  To conjur BB: "he does some things good and some things not so good."  If there's a hole, he'll gain some yards, but he won't improvise very often.  His vision is nothing special, obviously. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Maroney Needs to go:
    [QUOTE]I'm not saying Maroney is a total bust, but I think we need to upgrade with a younger faster back. Two Red Zone fumbles two games in a row is unacceptable. The one against the Dolts was costly. Either way Maroney hasn't lived up to his expectations and we need a big time upgrade at running back any thoughts?
    Posted by NEPATS09[/QUOTE]

+1