Maroney - ouch!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Maroney - ouch!!!

11 carries for 5 yards today....ouch !!!
    Trade does not look bad....today anyways !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: Maroney - ouch!!!

to be fair... he didnt really have that many holes to hit

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Ok, so he now has 23 att for 29 yards. 1.3 a carry. Geez, I at one time thought he was a player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

In all fairness I give Mr. Maroney 2 more years left in the NFL and then he will be dropped. Denver will take a wait and see attitude with his injuries this season, give him one more season to turn into a productive back, and if not let him go. I will say by the year 2012 he will be in the UFL is he is fortunate

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Bwahahahaha, what a tool.  Just a few more years and he'll get it together.

Just a few more years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

My God! What in the world did BB see in this clown that made him want to draft him?...And with a First round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"to be fair... he didnt really have that many holes to hit"

I can't believe their are still apologists left in the world.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

what was Josh thinking? He got robbed !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney - ouch!!!:
    [QUOTE]Bwahahahaha, what a tool.  Just a few more years and he'll get it together. Knowshon Moreno 39 111 2.8 17 2 Correll Buckhalter 27 49 1.8 7 1 Laurence Maroney 23 29 1.3 8 0 Kyle Orton 10 29 2.9 9 0 Tim Tebow 2 2 1.0 1 0 Just a few more years!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    I do hope your not referring to me as the tool. My statement was that he will be out of the NFL entirely in 2 more years meaning this and next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney - ouch!!! : I do hope your not referring to me as the tool. My statement was that he will be out of the NFL entirely in 2 more years meaning this and next.
    Posted by patriotway1[/QUOTE]

patriotway...don't pay any attention to "Mighty One" referring to you as "a tool". He can be a rude jerk at times.

Maroney was awful today...as was the Denver running game. But, Josh McDaniels is one heck of a coach...and has done a great job with Kyle Orton: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301003010

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

It looks like Denver's whole running game is weak. I don't see how we can blame that on Maroney 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Maroney should go to Washington and have Mike Shanahan teach him.  If he couldn't succeed with Shanahan, he should retire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney - ouch!!! : I do hope your not referring to me as the tool. My statement was that he will be out of the NFL entirely in 2 more years meaning this and next.

There is only one person in the world who is a tool and her name is Laura Dances with Kittens Maroney

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

[QUOTE]In all fairness I give Mr. Maroney 2 more years left in the NFL and then he will be dropped. Denver will take a wait and see attitude with his injuries this season, give him one more season to turn into a productive back, and if not let him go. I will say by the year 2012 he will be in the UFL is he is fortunate
    Nonsense...he will be gone by week 12.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I never thought Maroney would get 5 yards!  Maybe the Pats shouldn't have traded him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]My God! What in the world did BB see in this clown that made him want to draft him?...And with a First round pick.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

He rushed for 1,000 yards or more every year in college (left college after his junior year with 3,933 career yards).  Plus he had a fairly good rookie year in the pros.  He just declined after he was injured.  It seems to me that he lost his confidence for some reason after the injuries and stopped running instinctively. I don't quite understand why everyone hates him so much.  Yeah, he was a bust, but I don't think it was from lack of trying. He needed to be cut, but I guess I don't quite understand all the hate.  I don't think Maroney was a bad guy--just not a good player for some reason after his rookie year. Honestly, I wish him the best out there in Denver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't get why we're still talking about him when he isn't on the team anymore. Even when he was with the team, he wasn't worth talking about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I would say there is more than Maroney's lack of talent at play here.  Three decent running backs and only one can crack 2 YPC? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah guys love the hatefest and all but Buckhalter who's been considered a pretty good back over the years had 6 carries for 3 yards and Orton was sacked 6 times...  don't let your hate cloud the obvious; the Broncos line is terrible.

Their starting stud rookie runner Knowshon Moreno was averaging 2.8 yards per carry before he got carted off the field this year and Buckhalter is averging less than 2 for the season, they are tied for 5th worst team giving up sacks...

You can hate all you want but football is still a team sport, get a grip Maroney isn't your problem anymore.

Why aren't the Pats running the ball in the 2nd half should be your gripe...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney - ouch!!! : He rushed for 1,000 yards or more every year in college (left college after his junior year with 3,933 career yards).  Plus he had a fairly good rookie year in the pros.  He just declined after he was injured.  It seems to me that he lost his confidence for some reason after the injuries and stopped running instinctively. I don't quite understand why everyone hates him so much.  Yeah, he was a bust, but I don't think it was from lack of trying. He needed to be cut, but I guess I don't quite understand all the hate.  I don't think Maroney was a bad guy--just not a good player for some reason after his rookie year. Honestly, I wish him the best out there in Denver.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

You're right, we shouldn't hate him.  I just hate all the downs we wasted handing him the ball the past 4 years. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from medvegasguy. Show medvegasguy's posts

He just doesn't make split decisons well.  In college, his physical skills overcame this.  In the NFL, everything is just a little bit faster and holes close more quickly.  His brief hesitation in the backfield on most runs is messing him up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

"to be fair... he didnt really have that many holes to hit"

Are you freaking kidding me? Are we this stupid? Have you ever watched Adrian Peterson? If there is no hole, he finds a lane to run through! Maroney, this idiot keeps on trying to push his own guy through the hole that isn' there!
    Yeah, I can see why you keep defending him!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]Bwahahahaha, what a tool.  Just a few more years and he'll get it together. Knowshon Moreno 39 111 2.8 17 2 Correll Buckhalter 27 49 1.8 7 1 Laurence Maroney 23 29 1.3 8 0 Kyle Orton 10 29 2.9 9 0 Tim Tebow 2 2 1.0 1 0 Just a few more years!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Well he has a better average than Tebow and Tebow is a Heisman winner!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What looks good on the college gridiron against college opponents does not always translate well to the pro gridiron when the player is now facing the best of the best.  In this case, Maroney looked good in college, had some flashes of brilliance in the pros.. he is not the first.  As Pats' fans, we hated to see a #1 pick wasted resulting in the RB situation the team has now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pats got bamboozled...this trade may set the Pats back years!!!

How long before dumped by Dever...???