Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maroney

Sure it's early but it sounds like he's in mid season form.

"The play of the day goes to Tyrone McKenzie who trucked Laurence Maroney. On a goal-line situation, Maroney got the ball, went to the hole and was met hard by McKenzie. The hit drew oohs and aahs from the crowd -- and the media on hand.  Maroney got the ball on the next snap (third down) and was kept out of the end zone again, this time going to the left side and being met by several defenders."

He must saving the goal line fumbles for the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Maroney

I just don't get this guy. He has no drive to cross that line. They should have him shadow Faulk and learn how to leak out and be that 3rd down back or get rid of the pus*y now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Maroney:
    Sure it's early but it sounds like he's in mid season form. "The play of the day goes to Tyrone McKenzie who trucked Laurence Maroney. On a goal-line situation, Maroney got the ball, went to the hole and was met hard by McKenzie. The hit drew oohs and aahs from the crowd -- and the media on hand.  Maroney got the ball on the next snap (third down) and was kept out of the end zone again, this time going to the left side and being met by several defenders." He must saving the goal line fumbles for the season.
    Posted by Tcal2

trade him ASAP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney:
    In Response to Maroney : trade him ASAP
    Posted by kansaspatriot

And start who? He's the best running back on the team. Faulk is more of a pass catching third down back, and Taylor and Morris are both old and injury prone. Green-Ellis isn't that great either.

From what I've been hearing it sounds like all the RBs but Faulk are off to horrible starts. Maroney has the highest upside out of all the RBs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol its one play in training camp we have no other backs. Give the guy a break... Well dont but I mean its one day of practice. If the guy was fumbling and dropping passes like Fred Taylor and Torry Holt are then I would be saying trade him or cut him but nope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : And start who? He's the best running back on the team. Faulk is more of a pass catching third down back, and Taylor and Morris are both old and injury prone. Green-Ellis isn't that great either. From what I've been hearing it sounds like all the RBs but Faulk are off to horrible starts. Maroney has the highest upside out of all the RBs.Do yo uhear what you are saying
    Posted by magicalhobo

Do you hear what you are saying? Maroney has the higest upside? Upside compared to what? a blade of grass?  As Cameron once said in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!! "....... Pardon my french, but you are a azzh&*^ !"... Maroney is nothing more than a joke, period! If we had to compare Crable and Maroney, Crable would win hands down never playing for the Patriots. The Patriots as usual have not addressed the running back situation, and as usual, once again will be lost this season due to this fact, unless that skinny little kid they picked up from the college is a superstar which I doubt. Now If I hear anymore IDIOTIC statements as to how Laura Maroney is going to be fantastic this year, and this will be his year, Im going to find you, line you up, and beat you with a Terrel Owens Jersey. I would have said beat you senseless but you have already proven you are senseless by even thinking Maroney is going to do any good for the Patriots, You morons and fools, (and you know you were) were all wrong about Crable and never saw him play, now your just being rediculous even after seeing Maroney play for as long as he as.  Please, go back to drinking and watching Lassie reruns! Cry

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Stompper, that's pretty unfair man...That b#tch you're talkin about ALWAYS seems to come through, no matter the circumstances, no matter the challenge & no matter how tough the foe...Yup, good ole Lassie- Never let'cha down. Sure wish we could sign her so we could get ridda that other b#tch we got @ runningback.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Stompper, that's pretty unfair man...That b#tch you're talkin about ALWAYS seems to come through, no matter the circumstances, no matter the challenge & no matter how tough the foe...Yup, good ole Lassie- Never let'cha down. Sure wish we could sign her so we could get ridda that other b#tch we got @ runningback.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

LMFAO..... Laz you are so right...how could I not see it? Can we get her a helmet?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : LMFAO..... Laz you are so right...how could I not see it? Can we get her a helmet?
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Hey stompp~

Don't know where ta put this, but heck this seems as good a place as any...  I got somethin' to reveal to trusted soul on here that won't judge me as crazier than I am...  Hmm, How then should I go about sayin this, so it doesn't make me seem too odd...Oh, Here's a good way:  I think I might be being abducted by aliens.  Yea, see that doesn't sound that bad, pheww- glad thats off my chest.  Seriously, for 2 SEPERATE weeks in a row, I've LOST 1 entire day EACH of these past 2 weeks (seriously).  Today SHOULD be (unquestionably in my eyes)=Early Sunday Morning in the AM...the terrifying part is that I CAN account for what I've DONE in each of these missing days.  So idk, Thoughts?  My feelings personally, Are that IF Aliens want to take me, F-I-N-E- Just DO it already, but don't mess with me, sheez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Hey stompp~ Don't know where ta put this, but heck this seems as good a place as any...  I got somethin' to reveal to trusted soul on here that won't judge me as crazier than I am...  Hmm, How then should I go about sayin this, so it doesn't make me seem too odd...Oh, Here's a good way:  I think I might be being abducted by aliens.  Yea, see that doesn't sound that bad, pheww- glad thats off my chest.  Seriously, for 2 SEPERATE weeks in a row, I've LOST 1 entire day EACH of these past 2 weeks (seriously).  Today SHOULD be (unquestionably in my eyes)=Early Sunday Morning in the AM...the terrifying part is that I CAN account for what I've DONE in each of these missing days.  So idk, Thoughts?  My feelings personally, Are that IF Aliens want to take me, F-I-N-E- Just DO it already, but don't mess with me, sheez.

Laz, I've heard of this happening before! I think what has happend is the Aliens operated on you one day and left, most likely left some surgical instruments inside of you and had to come back to get them!  This is not an uncommon occurence! If Im not mistaking this happend to Liberace and Roy Orbison. So if you start singing we can put you on America's Got Talent as the "Legal Alien!" Hunka! Hunka!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz, I've heard of this happening before! I think what has happend is the Aliens operated on you one day and left, most likely left some surgical instruments inside of you and had to come back to get them!  This is not an uncommon occurence! If Im not mistaking this happend to Liberace and Roy Orbison. So if you start singing we can put you on America's Got Talent as the "Legal Alien!" Hunka! Hunka!"

Quite honestly, that actually gives me some piece of mind...  Although I would be lyin ta you, IF I didn't say that part me wanted to go with them.  See, considering my overall belief that this planet is inevitably doomed (sooner rather than later), Part of me actually thought that I might have been especially chosen, as some creature worthy of saving (sorta like when you're goin all out cleaning your house, and then you find a bottle cap, And you go, "Wow, bottlecap." And if you happen to collect bottlecaps, its gotta be pretty sweet.)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

" Laz, I've heard of this happening before! I think what has happend is the Aliens operated on you one day and left, most likely left some surgical instruments inside of you and had to come back to get them!  This is not an uncommon occurence! If Im not mistaking this happend to Liberace and Roy Orbison. So if you start singing we can put you on America's Got Talent as the "Legal Alien!" Hunka! Hunka !" Quite honestly, that actually gives me some piece of mind...  Although I would be lyin ta you, IF I didn't say that part me wanted to go with them.  See, considering my overall belief that this planet is inevitably doomed (sooner rather than later), Part of me actually thought that I might have been especially chosen, as some creature worthy of saving (sorta like when you're goin all out cleaning your house, and then you find a bottle cap, And you go, "Wow, bottlecap." And if you happen to collect bottlecaps, its gotta be pretty sweet.)...

Let me run this by you and see what ya think. Bible says, God creates man, creates life on planet. God is from the heavens, appears to certain people, calls certain people, gives certain people knowledge and blessings. Key point, God creates man in his image.  Take man and science as we know it today, Science has broken the barrier and can create life. Not only create it but manipulate it. Man can fly in space and at some point will travel the galaxy. Is it really so hard to believe that God may have been a space traveler, that could manipulate DNA and create life and left things to teach man as his culture grew? Maybe we are not identicle twins to God but as stated, created in his image. Unfortunately we have humans that wish to control everything (Bankers, The Fed, Politicans, Corp. Alliances,) They use and manipulate the human race for their own greed and satisfaction. Everyone talks about big oil, but no one mentions the Gun and Weapon Manufactorers who this year alone will make over 50 Billion Dollars. Laz we are not alone and would be foolish to ever think we are. But I do agree with you that this planet is doomed in time, but in all honesty, the way our hman race is, we do more bad than good. If it were my choice, I would wipe it out and write us off as an experiment gone bad.  Innocent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Maroney is going to carry a good chunk of the load this year so we all have to get used to it. Taylor is a better back but he'll probably get hurt again at some point and so will Morris. 

Next year with all of those draft picks there is no doubt we draft a running back either first or second round. We will also go for a pass rusher too. We could probably get one of the best rb prospects next year.

I think Maroney is an okay back. He can play the game and gain yards. His big problem last year was losing the ball and he's not good on short yardage. Probably never will be, but Taylor can take that job. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

From what I've heard, the D has been making the offense it's b*tch so far in training camp. Plus, Maroney shouldn't be the goal line RB in the first place. Morris is better suited for that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Actually Maroney is a decent back, and you guys are defintely wrong about him getting stuffed at the line.  In terms of bringing extra yards to the run, given the defense faced, Maroney is pretty average, but in terms of reliably getting positive yards, he's one of the tops in the league.

In Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement (DYAR), a quality stat at Football Outsiders, Maroney is 25th out of 49 backs with significant touches.  But in terms of Success Rate, the ability to get positive yards based on down and distance, he's 10th out 49.  Check out the 2009 numbers: http://www.aaronschatz.com/stats/rb

Maroney's no Chris Johnson, but he's no LaDanian Tomlinson either (check out how ugly his stats were last year).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Actually Maroney is a decent back, and you guys are defintely wrong about him getting stuffed at the line.  In terms of bringing extra yards to the run, given the defense faced, Maroney is pretty average, but in terms of reliably getting positive yards, he's one of the tops in the league. In Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement (DYAR), a quality stat at Football Outsiders, Maroney is 25th out of 49 backs with significant touches.  But in terms of Success Rate, the ability to get positive yards based on down and distance, he's 10th out 49.  Check out the 2009 numbers: http://www.aaronschatz.com/stats/rb Maroney's no Chris Johnson, but he's no LaDanian Tomlinson either (check out how ugly his stats were last year).
    Posted by USMCM1A1

Yes, we know.  He's very good at dancing his way a yard past the line of scrimmage and going no further.  Like you said, 25th in the league sounds about right, and that plain s*cks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Maroney is an enigma. He shows stretches of looking good improving  in one area and then decling at the same pace in another. Example got better at the power game and at the same time he gets fumblitis or he improves his pass catching and gets injured. It's tough to have trust in a guy like that as a fan. BB has stuck with him for the most part and I've never heard any teamates talk bad about the guy so maybe he's just been snake bit and this is the year his luck changes. If not for the love of God can we get a decent under 30+ back. I'm begging ya here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we should have signed ryan moats or thomas jones!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Lay off Maroney. 

He's a good enough RB for us to win a SB with. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

ahh, who was responsible for Mckenzie? an unblocked LBer will almost always win in that goal situation. Maroney needs to get tougher but somebody has to a hat on the LBer on that play. It wasn't like safety was blitzing over the top and you can't account for him this was unblocked LBer....50 laps for the Oline....these boys need a whipping taskmaster or it's going to be a long season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hope we give Maroney more touches then we ever have. He has a track record of producing given the opportunities. I talked about it last year. When the offense was stopped early with the run we tended to give up on the run all together.

When Maroney was given over 15 carries he always ends up with 70 plus yards a td and a few "hard runs" where he lowered the shoulder and dished out a little punishment of his own.

We all know this is a passing offense but I would like to see Maroney get 200-250 touches in what might be our last chance to see what he can do with the opportunity.(before he gets signed to another team and starts making pro-bowls)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]I hope we give Maroney more touches then we ever have. He has a track record of producing given the opportunities. I talked about it last year. When the offense was stopped early with the run we tended to give up on the run all together. When Maroney was given over 15 carries he always ends up with 70 plus yards a td and a few "hard runs" where he lowered the shoulder and dished out a little punishment of his own. We all know this is a passing offense but I would like to see Maroney get 200-250 touches in what might be our last chance to see what he can do with the opportunity.(before he gets signed to another team and starts making pro-bowls)
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]Yea we should probably give him another 5 Year Contract

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Maroney is baloney. He is the best back we have, and that says what about our RB situation? It blows, that's what. I think we can live with Baloney for another year, I just hope BB drafts a stud next year with one of our first 4 picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

[QUOTE]I hope we give Maroney more touches then we ever have. He has a track record of producing given the opportunities. I talked about it last year. When the offense was stopped early with the run we tended to give up on the run all together. When Maroney was given over 15 carries he always ends up with 70 plus yards a td and a few "hard runs" where he lowered the shoulder and dished out a little punishment of his own. We all know this is a passing offense but I would like to see Maroney get 200-250 touches in what might be our last chance to see what he can do with the opportunity.(before he gets signed to another team and starts making pro-bowls)

i agree that we need to stick with the run more, they get stoped a couple of times and then throw nearly every down. the offense was very predictable last season, everyone in the stadium knew what they were going to do. they are at their best when they run more, use play action. some of these leads that they blew could have been won had they run the ball. they go three and out on pass plays and don't use any clock, or give up a pick. running the ball, even on a three and out kills time. lets hope they bring some balance and to this years offense.  

Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

a guy like ingram would probably be around for one of their first round picks in april.