Maroney!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Maroney!!!!

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I may have had an out-of body experience and am not thinking straight but I thought he played a pretty good game. The safety did not come up and help out on the first long play he gave up but otherwise he kept up pretty well with some big receivers. Knocked a few balls down. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Posted by neinmd[/QUOTE]

No, 99% of the fans of the Pats see it like you do, 100% of the chronic complainers and trolls see it otherwise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How does a young guy lose cover skills so rapidly?

He has to be playing with an injury.

Lets hope for DMC to come around in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Was Maroney really a bust or a casualty of the game? I ask this because he was having a future perennial pro-bowler carreer till he broke his shoulder running between the tackles. He was never the same after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Here we go with the whining again. Grow up babies.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

He is having a bad year, but the year is not over. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hes struggling no doubt..to call him a bust shows your lack of football knowledge, seeing as in how the guy went to the pro bowl last year and was sensational, not to mention he had a seperated shoulder earlier this season..they say all u need is one pick to snap out of it..he got one today, lets see..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Was Maroney really a bust or a casualty of the game? I ask this because he was having a future perennial pro-bowler carreer till he broke his shoulder running between the tackles. He was never the same after that.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Maroney was about a 90% personally lameworthy bust and roughly a 10% casualty of being gun-shy after unfortunate circumstances resulted in him gettin' injured 3+ times early in his pro career... 
    But lookin' even ONCE like a "Pro-bowler"...?  No.  Your Pats Fandom believed this then, and so you still do so now rtuinila (Don't worry, I was in the same boat early on).

Laurence Maroney, even before the very first injury, was never even an average threat to run between the tackles.  Pre-Injury, when LM's name was called for an interior run, He was fast enough AND healthy enough to make it through the line the in the same way any "average NFL RB" has success...  When and If he made it through that first scrum, LM would IMMEDIATELY make every attempt to angle it towards the sidelines (Often a good thing, but LM would do so Even when the greater defensive positions on the field for any specific play meant that he'd have better success for more positive yards NOT doing so).  And make NO mistake, when Maroney was a Rook, there were times when he could break it towards the side, even when Defenders realized that it was LM's shtick...b/c early on, He really DID look lightning fast when he did break a run wide. 

Still, 3 games of looking like he had some decent talent at RB, while having Corey Dillon wearing down a D beside you (who just had a 1000+ yard year the year before LM was drafted & began playing), and having Tom Brady's passing proficiency along with his pocket prescence to seemingly be able to avoid a 10 man rush at this time...  Maroney had THIS.  And he still managed 1 year just barely over 800 yards, then a 750 yard year=Not Pro-Bowl stats.

Maroney also had 5 full seasons (minus the last few games of his final one), In order to establish himself as the back of choice for NE....with Tom Brady passing the ball (and when LM lost Dillon as a compliment, LM gained the passing threat of Moss & Welker to aid him).  BB went to him time and time (and time again)-In the end it was gettin' pathetic.  And Belichick didn't short-change LM the way he gives BJGE 15 Attempts in 1 game, then 4 attempts in the next game, then takes BJGE out for 3 series...then puts him back IN...  No.  Belichick consistantly gave LM the very decent carry attempt numbers with the rock, And BB gave him very consistant playing time In-Game. I recall looking up LM's game-splits. It was IF in every single category that you hoped he WOULDN'T show failure, LM did show failure.   In NE wins, LM would havea grossly better average (it's somewhat expected, but not 1 full yard by season).  In the 1st half LM's average was about a yard better than his 2nd half performances (each game & each year).  Thus, as the game wore on, LM got worse when ya needed to run out the clock.  Between both NE's & Opponent's 1-25 yard lines (each side of field)- LM's average was hilarious, like a 1. something yard average (again, not just a difference, but a GROSS difference...in THE 2 areas of the field that ya need him most).  From the 1-10 carry attempts to the 10-16, and finally to the 16+ Carry Attempt averages, LM declined each time (Understandable when there's a heavy workload with a 20 carry game, But were talkin' that 2nd area <10-16 />, where most RBs start gettin' a feel for the D, and getting into a rhthym of success (NOPE=not Maroney!).    

~Now let's weigh this with DMC.  He's not finished with 2 Seasons yet.  His success is weighed SOLELY on him never being allowed to fail (there is NO touchdown...there is NO happiness from getting a 1st down).  LM had Dillon and Brady, then just Brady, Moss, Welker and Faulk.  DMC has 2 former Domino's delivery boys getting his back at safety.  DMC is on an Island for all to see and he faces the other team's #1 receiver more than anyone else (LM could actually go several games while counting on someone else to pick up the slack).  And for a pass-rush, NE's doing EXCEPTIONAL...for them, at least.  Rather than being dead-last in Sacks, NE's now 16th; And that's GOOD for DMC...except the part where they actually have to rush 7 guys at the QB in order to get just a  QB pressure!

There IS no comparison.             

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : dude, give him sometime. You talk about him like he is already gone. I am not saying he isn't deserving of criticism, but it's not like BB is ready to dump him either.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I said "so far". That implies "giving him some time".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The irony is as people have heated up their DMC bashing he has silently been playing MUCH better the past several games.  Actually pretty much ever since he came back 4 games ago.  Lets not forget he also has NOOO help back there.

I'm confident he has silently broken out of his sophmore slump, and hopefully with a full training camp and a full year to recover and a third year up on the learning curve he should be SOLID next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't classify him as a bust yet. And, I don't think he will turn into a bust like Maroney.

What is frustrating about McCourty is we see flashes of great coverage ability followed by him letting up a 50 yard reception. It's there, it just needs to win out over giving up all those long balls.

Here's hoping he can pick his game up for the playoffs. He's been teetering all year, walking this shutdown/bust line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* Chad Ochocinco wipes sweat from forehead and breaths a sigh of relief that the hate heats off him for a week*

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah . . . funny thing about McCourty is sometimes he's making excellent plays and sometimes he's getting burned.  I think he's maybe making mental mistakes--on TV you really don't get to watch him for an entire play, but I suspect he's biting a bit too much on fakes sometime.  He seems to have the physical skills to stay with receivers and to make plays on the ball. 

Also, he's been on an island a lot without safety help.  That really makes any mistakes more evident because they're costly.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

to all the dmc haters.....just think of all the dbs in the league and outside of a few
     they are at the mercy of refs and rules,,,he does get beat but who doesnt...he is working his way thru it...and will be their best again,,,,sometimes i think the sheep follow what some clown says and dont think for themselves...let it play out...there are other that deserve more critism but are left alone....WONDER WHY???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

More like Brandon Meriweather. He made the pro bowl, was a first rounder, and the Pats cut him. Couldn't even trade him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : By the looks of it Laz neither does DMC.  Merry Christmas man.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

tcal~ ...Especially true back in the days when I used to drink, Whenever I Happened to Walk Face first into a Wall, I'd look directly at the wall and say:

"Blaaah, How did get here Wall-ey? (glut, glut, glurp) Have' you always b-EEeen here, 'cause don't 'member ya always b-eeeen here, I HATE you J#RK- Noooo, I's sorr-ey- Love you, Laz love youuu, Do youz have any pain-killers you keepin' boarded-ed-ezzz up inside you, da wall? I betttt'chooo DO! Prozably keeps'in 'em AAaaall for yourz-zelf, an' not sharin'... I'zzz low on beer-zez right at this now time, Gots any longer beer more, Wall? An' WHERE'z my left shoe, what da He!!z happened wid dat? How long I been walkin' round wid jus' 1 shoe on?! BOY, Laz is drunks sure-indipity! YOU know gots any hot brunette chick's number does you? Cause DAS' what I need now- And along with a shoe too, 2 shoes not 1. So Youzz decided ta keep shoe bordered up wid all dem percoset you stashin' inside you wall, Huh?!? Well, we'll jus' see 'bout dat when mister crowbar introduces hiz-zelf too's you- 'cause HE Laz's friend not likes YOU j#rk hate wall! I'z sorrey, I would no do dat to you, you my friend, you nice guy, I luv-ez you guy who keeps rain out, Or is dat mister ceiling's job- I forget now...I'll KILL you for stealin' my shoe, Where'z my SHOE?!?"

~I never said it was a trully fitting parrallel, did I? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Do you have any idea how many HOF players had sophmore slumps?  Not saying that's where I think he's going, but to point out that second year woes are pretty common in this game.  It's a little premature to call him a bust, especially after that Rookie of the Year season he had last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

BUST!!  Tight hips and easily beat on dbl moves!!!!  BUST  Horrible in press coverage causing him to play at least 5 yrs off the man!!! BUST!!!.. Excelled in ZONE coverage better suited for nickel or FS.   BUST!!! It's just my humble opinion and whether it's too early remains to be seen. The only reason why I named this post Maroney is because in over 40 yrs as a Pats fan, Only Laura caused me to yell bust this early in his career. Everyone jumped on me then and I expected the same this time, but I'm one for one....  Personally I hope he is just injured and comes back to make me eat some serious crow, but I highly doubt it. If I had to draw a comparison to another Boston sports figure, it would be Big Baby Davis.  From season bench star and then playoff Beast to a season of mediocrity .............then POOF!!!! GONE!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

................ P.S.   
    Merry Christmas!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zchowdary. Show Zchowdary's posts

I refuse to accept that this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5Y1WDGX0M
    was a fluke. He blanketed Calvin Johnson for goodness' sake! Even in this rough season, the past several games he's been walking a fine line between brilliance and mediocrity. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I may have had an out-of body experience and am not thinking straight but I thought he played a pretty good game. The safety did not come up and help out on the first long play he gave up but otherwise he kept up pretty well with some big receivers. Knocked a few balls down. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Posted by neinmd[/QUOTE]

I agree.  For the number of times he was thrown toward you have to expect he will lose some battles.   Moore was lacing those balls into tight boxes, so you have to give Moore credit.  It is no accident that the 'Fins have been much more competitive as Moore has stepped into starting QB.  Most teams are losing against him.

Sure, McC got burned badly one or two times.  But usually he was on the guy and the (much taller, bigger ) guy would make a good catch.  And sometimes McC broke up the pass.  Win some, lose some for DBs, right?

I have a complaint with Sergio Brown, though.  Does he ever make a play?  It seems that it has been games since he made a good play, or am I recalling incorrectly?  He'll need to work on his game this spring and summer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]BUST!!  Tight hips and easily beat on dbl moves!!!!  BUST  Horrible in press coverage causing him to play at least 5 yrs off the man!!! BUST!!!.. Excelled in ZONE coverage better suited for nickel or FS.   BUST!!! It's just my humble opinion and whether it's too early remains to be seen. The only reason why I named this post Maroney is because in over 40 yrs as a Pats fan,///Only Laura caused me to yell bust this early in his career.///Everyone jumped on me then and I expected the same this time, but I'm one for one....  Personally I hope he is just injured and comes back to make me eat some serious crow, but I highly doubt it. If I had to draw a comparison to another Boston sports figure, it would be Big Baby Davis.  From season bench star and then playoff Beast to a season of mediocrity .............then POOF!!!! GONE!!!!
    Posted by mojobag101[/QUOTE]

In the end I got a decent & pretty respectable score of 8 on my try.  The questions is, can anyone here BEAT my score?  Ya know, often times it's tough to find every mistake in these Highlights for Children's Magazine back-covers...  some of the images start bluring together, then in some areas of the image ya say to yourself, "Well, I guess a fireman could be sitting on a tree branch with a fiddle in 1 hand and a turkey drumstick in the other, So it ain't really a mistake per se."  See in the end, ya gotta begin with a mistake being a true Factually Incorrect Error, the you're all set-up to go from there... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

why do people make the excuse for devin that receiver is bigger and stronger?

that is the way it is!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : I agree.  For the number of times he was thrown toward you have to expect he will lose some battles.   Moore was lacing those balls into tight boxes, so you have to give Moore credit.  It is no accident that the 'Fins have been much more competitive as Moore has stepped into starting QB.  Most teams are losing against him. Sure, McC got burned badly one or two times.  But usually he was on the guy and the (much taller, bigger ) guy would make a good catch.  And sometimes McC broke up the pass.  Win some, lose some for DBs, right? I have a complaint with Sergio Brown, though.  Does he ever make a play?  It seems that it has been games since he made a good play, or am I recalling incorrectly?  He'll need to work on his game this spring and summer.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Sure, McC got burned badly one or two times"

Come on Chris stop with this new math BS.

1)  39
    2)  49
    3)  41 

4) Giving up a 3rd and 13 Penalty for a 1st.

Just to clarify I'm not saying he's a bust yet, just sucking really bad.  I will give him 3 game next year before I make a bust judgment.