Maroney's Shoulder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RantinRaven. Show RantinRaven's posts

Maroney's Shoulder

Just read Gasper’s article on Maroney’s shoulder injury.   It’s unfortunate for the players not to be able to comment on their injuries and then get roasted in print and over the airwaves.  I was in the camp that thought he needed to be traded for lack of production and too much dancing behind the OL.   There’s no doubt he still has a lot left in the tank with desire and talent.   Good luck this year Laurence!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Maroney's Shoulder

[QUOTE]Just read Gasper’s article on Maroney’s shoulder injury.    It’s unfortunate for the players not to be able to comment on their injuries and then get roasted in print and over the airwaves.   I was in the camp that thought he needed to be traded for lack of production and too much dancing behind the OL.     There’s no doubt he still has a lot left in the tank with desire and talent.    Good luck this year Laurence!
    Posted by RantinRaven[/QUOTE]

Right now I think Maroney's back is up against the wall and he needs to have a good season in order to have any future in the NFL. I really hope we see the Laurence Maroney that closed out the 2007 regular season and first two playoff games. With our running back by committee this year I'm not expecting any one big year from any of our running backs but if Maroney can get over 700 yards and finish near 5 yards a carry I think it will be a great year for him. Maybe they can get him more involved in the passing game, this year I hope we start looking for a future replacement for Kevin Faulk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawop. Show frankdawop's posts

Well, its a good thing that the media that roasts a player for his performance doesnt get to cut players and vice versa ala Lawyer Milloy etc etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

So his 2008 season should be broken down like this.

Healthy:
    10 carries for 51 yards

Injured:
    18 carries for 42 yards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is about right Kyle.

When healthy and given the reps he can be very effective.

I was just posting about this earlier, but the NE injury reporting system is hilarious.

A bunch of people thought he was dogging it with something minor, and it turns out that he had a broken shoulder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

It's great that we now know what was wrong with him. I wonder though when the Pats first knew he had broken something in his shoulder. Once he was put on IR, they should have said something about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yep.

I would still like to know what happened with  Wheatley and Crable.

Was Crable's injury a break like I assume? Or something less damaging? Did Wheatley have to get surgery again. I made the mistake of assuming he did, but now that I think about it, who knows?

Masking inuries before game time is clever, but it would be nice to have them be more forthcoming after a player is on IR.

Even with Brady's ACL, we had to wait until a major news outlet found out for themselves before we knew exactly what was happening. And that is about as high profile as any NFL injury in the last decade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Maybe I misremember but I'm pretty sure that the hesitation, indecision and dancing started prior to last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well he has no excuse this season.be effective,or say goodbye.