Marshall Faulk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Marshall Faulk

Once again MF has veered off into the tight zone an declared PM greates ever, but this time he had to take a big gulp before it could come out of his mouth

Sanders and Ervin would not let it pas, and said he may not even best of his era, that his career isn't over and his playoff record wasn't so hot 

they didn't mention that his record against TB and the Pats sux, and his record ib clod weather sux, or that he has has had higher quality wrs, or that his stats are inflated by playing in doors. Otr that TB has a stronger arm

First I want the pats to win another sb soon, second I want it to stick in the haters craw and  then I want MF to have to eat it that his boy isn't the greatest. lastly have you noticed all of the Pat haters on espn and nflnet all come from AFC teams. the NFC players like the pats more

MF being PMs buddy from indie and his ram bitterness

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Marshall Faulk

Saying Peyton is better than Tom is not an insult to Tom, Peyton is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

I highly doubt Brady cares so why should you...............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I highly doubt Brady cares so why should you...............

[/QUOTE]

Try reading the last paragraph

good bye

on ignore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This argument will never end.  There are as many folks in Brady's corner as there are in Manning's corner as there are in Rodgers corner, blah, blah, blah.  It all depends on your viewpoint as to what constitutes the "best".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

So was Marino better than Montana?.......how do you justify?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well...   MAR comes before MON in the spelling hierarchy.  Does that count?  LOL  (-;

As to your question..  this is exactly in line with the Manning-Brady debate.  Marino = better stats.  Montana = 4 rings.  Marino = Manning  Montana = Brady (yeah, one less ring)  You get my point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well...   MAR comes before MON in the spelling hierarchy.  Does that count?  LOL  (-;

As to your question..  this is exactly in line with the Manning-Brady debate.  Marino = better stats.  Montana = 4 rings.  Marino = Manning  Montana = Brady (yeah, one less ring)  You get my point.

[/QUOTE]

exactly........but how many would say Marino is a "better" QB than Montana?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Brady averages 11 picks per year. Manning 14.8.

Manning already has 53 more attempts this year than Brady had in 2007.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again MF has veered off into the tight zone an declared PM greates ever, but this time he had to take a big gulp before it could come out of his mouth

Sanders and Ervin would not let it pas, and said he may not even best of his era, that his career isn't over and his playoff record wasn't so hot 

they didn't mention that his record against TB and the Pats sux, and his record ib clod weather sux, or that he has has had higher quality wrs, or that his stats are inflated by playing in doors. Otr that TB has a stronger arm

First I want the pats to win another sb soon, second I want it to stick in the haters craw and  then I want MF to have to eat it that his boy isn't the greatest. lastly have you noticed all of the Pat haters on espn and nflnet all come from AFC teams. the NFC players like the pats more

[/QUOTE]
    So tell us how you really feel.  BTW - Peyton Manning - Greatest QB of his era and all time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That ought to do it, unless there are those that believe Manning's defense was bad enough that it forced him to pass and forced him to press.  Example:  Manning' Pick six in his last SB.  Did you know that Drew Brees was on his way to a 25 of 26 finish to the superbowl.  INdy's D could not stop him.  Special teams gave up an onside kick.  If the other area's of team were not going to help, then it was up to Manning. 

Oh - and in 2007 when Brady broke Manning's record, Brady threw 79 more passes than Manning AND Manning sat the final game while Brady played the entire game.  That ought to do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That ought to do it, unless there are those that believe Manning's defense was bad enough that it forced him to pass and forced him to press.  Example:  Manning' Pick six in his last SB.  Did you know that Drew Brees was on his way to a 25 of 26 finish to the superbowl.  INdy's D could not stop him.  Special teams gave up an onside kick.  If the other area's of team were not going to help, then it was up to Manning. 

Oh - and in 2007 when Brady broke Manning's record, Brady threw 79 more passes than Manning AND Manning sat the final game while Brady played the entire game.  That ought to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Patriots have three Lombardi trophies! Sent your little ponies home twice enroute to achieving them! Outscored your little ponies 82-30 one season during that Dynasty! You're still upset about that! That ought to do it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please justify how Manning throws 4 more INT's per year than Brady, and how he has equaled or surpassed Brady's high for INT's 8 times in his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares who's better? they both have sub-500 playoff wining percentages since 2005.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well how many people would take Marino over Montana? I thought almost everybody would pick Joe, I know I would.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well how many people would take Marino over Montana? I thought almost everybody would pick Joe, I know I would.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but, according to UD and his logic, Marino is the better QB because he has such great stats.  Rings don't matter at all since it is a "TEAM" game, so, Montana only got the rings because he had a better team around him.  Marino, on the other hand, was the glue that held the Dolphins together.  If it wasn't for his passing stats, the Dolphins were nothing, ergo, he is the better QB.  This all translates to mean Manning is better than all of them since he has better stats than Marino.  Playoff results and rings mean absolutely nothing.  the proof - Manning is SI's Sportsman of the Year this year and has won what? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    So tell us how you really feel.  BTW - Peyton Manning - Greatest QB of his era and all time. 

[/QUOTE]

Too bad he's such a loser in the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes...their D did not play well.....but their D did not let Tracy Porter read Manning like an open book. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too bad he's such a loser in the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

ud6

This is always a fun debate, there Qb rating is almost identical but TB I believe has the lowest INT ratio. and when talking the head to head , playoff and weather stats, all you do is come back to sat PN is the greatest kind of weak

PM   = Marino A great complement

TB.= JM A greater complement

JM btw way was the hands down greatest Qb Ever ( until then)never forget Madden saying that in a SB win

Merry Christmas to all

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Peyton is in the conversation for the best all time and so too is Brady. Statistically speaking both have benefitted from playing an era where the rules of the game have inflated some of thier numbers. Marino would throw 60 TD's in today's game...Montana benefitted from playing for a coach and an offense that revolutionized the game and lets not forget that the Niners owners spent lavishly every year to field the best teams...So it's not like Montana was the sole reason the Niners won 4 rings with him behind center and another with Young. Though there is something to be said for playing big in big games. Elway reached the superbowl with an overmatched Bronco team and didn't win until the twilight of his carrer...

That said Manning's record more importantly his performance in big games regular and post season does leave him open to critique. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The real point to take from this is that if you can get on television your opinion is somehow important even if you have a double digit IQ.

Oh, and Peyton Manning did not deserve to be discarded by the team he put on the NFL map.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peyton is in the conversation for the best all time and so too is Brady. Statistically speaking both have benefitted from playing an era where the rules of the game have inflated some of thier numbers. Marino would throw 60 TD's in today's game...Montana benefitted from playing for a coach and an offense that revolutionized the game and lets not forget that the Niners owners spent lavishly every year to field the best teams...So it's not like Montana was the sole reason the Niners won 4 rings with him behind center and another with Young. Though there is something to be said for playing big in big games. Elway reached the superbowl with an overmatched Bronco team and didn't win until the twilight of his carrer...

That said Manning's record more importantly his performance in big games regular and post season does leave him open to critique. 

[/QUOTE]

Good points all, there is a context to everything,  , JM could have won two more with SF if PM shouldn't have left indie, JM should never have left SF. But both places had a future HoFer on deck for the long hall,

What would Bb do if faced the same dilemma or oportunity?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patriots have three Lombardi trophies! Sent your little ponies home twice enroute to achieving them! Outscored your little ponies 82-30 one season during that Dynasty! You're still upset about that! That ought to do it!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, but Peyton Manning is still better than Tom Brady. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please justify how Manning throws 4 more INT's per year than Brady, and how he has equaled or surpassed Brady's high for INT's 8 times in his career.

[/QUOTE]
    Well, I'd tell you that Manning had more pressure on him to produce due to a weaker defense and kicking game.  Plus, I give Manning a bit of a pass for starting his rookie year on the worst team in the NFL.  But beyond that, the int #'s are somewhat irrelevant, given that Manning has a higher passer rating than Brady.  He throws more TD's, has more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.  Further, in Brady's 14 years, he's got 2 mvps.  Manning will likely have 5 (all during Brady's career).  Focusing on Ints diminishes everything else Manning has done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but, according to UD and his logic, Marino is the better QB because he has such great stats.  Rings don't matter at all since it is a "TEAM" game, so, Montana only got the rings because he had a better team around him.  Marino, on the other hand, was the glue that held the Dolphins together.  If it wasn't for his passing stats, the Dolphins were nothing, ergo, he is the better QB.  This all translates to mean Manning is better than all of them since he has better stats than Marino.  Playoff results and rings mean absolutely nothing.  the proof - Manning is SI's Sportsman of the Year this year and has won what? 

[/QUOTE]

My logic?  I haven't said a thing about Marion and Montana.  Please don't put words in my mouth. 

• Marino won 1 MVP.  Montana won 2. 
    • Montana holds a better passer rating.   
    • Both have 3 1st Team all pro designations
    • In the playoffs, Montana had a significantly better passer rating than Marino. 

Its hard to argue against Montana based on such things.  He was a highly efficient QB, but there's no doubt that Marino threw far more TD's.  In fact, its not even close.  And Marino had far more game winning drives. 

Further, during Montana's significant 12 years in SF - SF had a top 10 ranked defense in scoring 9 of those 12 years and were top 5 - 8 of 12 years.  By contrast in Marino's 17 years, the Dolphins managed a top 10 scoring defense only 5 times.  Its also safe to say that SF had a better coach. 

On balance, I think that Montana might have to be considered better than Marino, but it does appear that Montana had better teams around him than Marino.