Marvin Harrison to Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Miss-Togah. Show I-Miss-Togah's posts

Marvin Harrison to Pats?

I think this would make a lot of sense.  Historically, the Pats sign free agents because they don't draft well, and they almost always get over the hill players, so why not grab Marvin?  He used to be great!  Oh, and they can get Gonzalez while they are at it.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Marvin Harrison to Pats?

[QUOTE]I think this would make a lot of sense.  Historically, the Pats sign free agents because they don't draft well, and they almost always get over the hill players, so why not grab Marvin?  He used to be great!  Oh, and they can get Gonzalez while they are at it. Thoughts?
    Posted by I-Miss-Togah[/QUOTE]

As a receiver or marksmanship instructor?

Just kidding.

I don't think starvin' marvin would be a good fit. He's the ultimate me-first player. Sits at the end of the bench by himself, never talks to anyone. I just don't see him as a Patriot type player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Apparently missing Togah is some kind of degenerative disease.

The Pats have already brought in a one-dimensional retread in Joey Galloway. My hope is that Joey will make it through the season without losing track of a weapon that magically manages to shoot somebody all by itself. 

My other hope is that running straight down the left sideline fools some teams into actually covering Galloway, so Randy can catch some balls. There is a reason nobody is hurrying to the front of the Sign Marvin Harrison Line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]As a receiver or marksmanship instructor? Just kidding. I don't think starvin' marvin would be a good fit. He's the ultimate me-first player. Sits at the end of the bench by himself, never talks to anyone. I just don't see him as a Patriot type player.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

alfie,

Can you support your arguement a little more.  Sitting at the end of the bench as the definition of a me first player seems a little thin. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When I think of me-first guys who sit by themselves at the end of the bench (with their Darth Vader helmets on), I don't think of Marvin Harrison.

Who can guess who I think of?

Take a guess.

Hurry up, before jbolt gets here.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg, did Marvin play for the Colts? Then he is a me first player, it in their contracts read teh fine print it says "If I Marvin Harrison want to play for teh colts I must be a 'me first' player in order for Peyton Manning to let you play" its right there in his contract. So in conclusion if you play for the Colts you are a me first player. I am telling you just look at his contract lol Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Marvin is washed up. He can no longer run routes like he did. Age and injury has caught up with him. I think that is one reason nobody has signed him. Another is the fact he's played with Peyton his entire career. With a lesser QB he would not be as good as perceived, IMO. Besides, he probably wouldn't want to go to NE anyway. The gun laws in MA are much too tough for him!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Do we really need more dead people?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Since 03 the Patriots have drafted more starters(17) than anyone else in the league.

Thoughts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Since 03 the Patriots have drafted more starters(17) than anyone else in the league.   Thoughts?
    Posted by bunchofpixels[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you had 3 more 1st round picks than the colts who started 15 and produced more pro bowlers than the pats.   

Tell you what - Czarnecki proved himself as media suk up to Belichick in this article by giving an A+ to the pats and A- to the colts.  for all of you who believe the media is against the pats, there are more Belichick/pats suk ups with a national media voice than for any other coach or team in the league.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

there are more Belichick/pats suk ups with a national media voice than for any other coach or team in the league.       

Since your saint Dungy retired.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]there are more Belichick/pats suk ups with a national media voice than for any other coach or team in the league.         Since your saint Dungy retired.....
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Nope off the top of my head - Curran, Czarnecki, Simmons - have long been supporters of the red-horned belichick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

OR IT COULD JUST BE THAT OUR COACH IS SMARTER THEN YOUR COACH AND DRAFTS BETTER AND TEH MEDIA CALLS IT LIKE IT IS. WE HAD MORE DRAFT PICKS THEN YOU BECAUSE BELICHICK IS SMART ENOUGH TO TRADE HIMSELF INTO THE NEXT YEARS DRAFT, IF DUNGY WAS SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT HE WOULD HAVE HAD JUST AS MANY DRAFT PICKS BUT HE DIDNT HAVE TH GUTS TO DO THAT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT THE WAY WE DO WHICH IS WHY WE ARE BETTER AT TEH DRAFT THEN THE COLTS HAVE BEEN. YOU SAID WE HAD MORE DRAFT PICKS LIKE IT SHOULD COUNT AGAINST US OR SOMETHING BUT IN TEH REAL ITS THAT EXACT STAT THAT MAKES US BETTER BECAUSE WE ARE ALWAYS TRADING OUR WAY INTO THE NEXT DRAFT. I BET YOU WE TRADE ONE OF OUR 2ND ROUND PICKS THIS YEAR FOR A 1ST ROUND NEXT YEAR, IF WE DO ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THAT WAS A SMART MOVE OR COUNT IT AGAINST US?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

WOW UNDERDOGG YOU MEAN TO TELL US THAT OUT OF THE THOUSENDS OF REPORTERS 3 GUYS LIKE US AND THAT SOME HOW MEANS WE HAVE MORE SULK UPS? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING. DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND THAT MAYBE THESE REPORTERS SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE PATS BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT? ITS ONLY SULKING UP IF WHAT THEY SAY IS BS IF NOT ITS JUST THEM CALLING IT LIKE IT IS. WHEN THEY GET A CHANCE TO DRAG US THROUGH THE MUD THEY TAKE THAT OPPERTUNITY EVERY TIME SO ITS BS THAT WHEN THEY DO HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT US YOU SAY ITS SUCKING UP, THATS JUST BS MAN PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]OR IT COULD JUST BE THAT OUR COACH IS SMARTER THEN YOUR COACH AND DRAFTS BETTER AND TEH MEDIA CALLS IT LIKE IT IS. WE HAD MORE DRAFT PICKS THEN YOU BECAUSE BELICHICK IS SMART ENOUGH TO TRADE HIMSELF INTO THE NEXT YEARS DRAFT, IF DUNGY WAS SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT HE WOULD HAVE HAD JUST AS MANY DRAFT PICKS BUT HE DIDNT HAVE TH GUTS TO DO THAT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT THE WAY WE DO WHICH IS WHY WE ARE BETTER AT TEH DRAFT THEN THE COLTS HAVE BEEN. YOU SAID WE HAD MORE DRAFT PICKS LIKE IT SHOULD COUNT AGAINST US OR SOMETHING BUT IN TEH REAL ITS THAT EXACT STAT THAT MAKES US BETTER BECAUSE WE ARE ALWAYS TRADING OUR WAY INTO THE NEXT DRAFT. I BET YOU WE TRADE ONE OF OUR 2ND ROUND PICKS THIS YEAR FOR A 1ST ROUND NEXT YEAR, IF WE DO ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THAT WAS A SMART MOVE OR COUNT IT AGAINST US?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Nope, I think it is the media up bb's mule.

because, using your arguement, the colts had more pick than the pats, just fewer in the first round - which every team is expected to hit on.    As a %, the pats had fewer starters per first round picks and fewer pro bowlers.  I'd say the colts did better.  By the way - these are not my stats these are Czarnecki's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]WOW UNDERDOGG YOU MEAN TO TELL US THAT OUT OF THE THOUSENDS OF REPORTERS 3 GUYS LIKE US AND THAT SOME HOW MEANS WE HAVE MORE SULK UPS? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING. DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND THAT MAYBE THESE REPORTERS SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE PATS BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT? ITS ONLY SULKING UP IF WHAT THEY SAY IS BS IF NOT ITS JUST THEM CALLING IT LIKE IT IS. WHEN THEY GET A CHANCE TO DRAG US THROUGH THE MUD THEY TAKE THAT OPPERTUNITY EVERY TIME SO ITS BS THAT WHEN THEY DO HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT US YOU SAY ITS SUCKING UP, THATS JUST BS MAN PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Didn't say you didn't deserve it, but the pats (known for free agent pick ups more than drafts) get this guy's only A+ while the colts with fewest first round picks among those with an A rating turn out the second most starters and the most probowlers.  

Sour grapes by me - maybe. 
    mule kissing by the writer - without a doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think someones just grumpy that saint Dungy left the team, take a nap little guy and then try again. Dungy cant even hold Belichicks clip board and everyone except you Colts fans knows it. Dungy was not half the coach Belichick is and thats why the media has no choice but to call it liek it is and say we are the best drafting team. we draft better then anyone. When was the last time you team drafted to starting QBs in rounds 6 and 7 cause Belichick got Brady in 6 and Cassel in 7 so dont talk to me about drafting in the later rounds. Asante Samuel was a round 4 pick dan Koppen was a round 5 pick Hobbs was a round 3 pick and so was Kazcur and they are all starters. And who cares about teh pro bowl anyways? seriously. If the Pats gave a sh*t about stats and pro bowls we would be like teh colts and have less championships but we dont we only care about winning games so forget teh pro bowl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I think someones just grumpy that saint Dungy left the team, take a nap little guy and then try again. Dungy cant even hold Belichicks clip board and everyone except you Colts fans knows it. Dungy was not half the coach Belichick is and thats why the media has no choice but to call it liek it is and say we are the best drafting team. we draft better then anyone. When was the last time you team drafted to starting QBs in rounds 6 and 7 cause Belichick got Brady in 6 and Cassel in 7 so dont talk to me about drafting in the later rounds. Asante Samuel was a round 4 pick dan Koppen was a round 5 pick Hobbs was a round 3 pick and so was Kazcur and they are all starters. And who cares about teh pro bowl anyways? seriously. If the Pats gave a sh*t about stats and pro bowls we would be like teh colts and have less championships but we dont we only care about winning games so forget teh pro bowl.

If Dungy did hold the red horned belichick's clipboard, I am sure he would find all other teams' signals on it.   

Re: your starting QB's - Brady is a good one.  But lets be honest - no one knew until Bledsoe got hurt.  And lets not crown Cassel a starter until he actually takes the reigns in KC.  He was a starter by necessity. 

And finally, it is no shame to draft a 3 time MVP QB first in the draft if you have the pick.  I'd say the colts pretty much got that one right. 

As for players drafted late - here you go:

Since 2000 -
    4th rd - Ryan Diem, David Thornton, Jason David, Freddie Kieaho, Clint Session
    5th rd - Robert Mathis, Jake Scott, Tyjuan Hagler
    6th rd - Cato June, Charlie Johnson, Antoine Bethea,
    7th rd - Jamey Richard

Everyone of these guys has started - Jamey richard was a rookie and started last year. 

Love the "we don't care about probowls" comment.  LOL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Are you really trying to give credit to Dungy for drafting Manning? Dungy was not even the coach when Manning was drafted Jim Mora was or am I worng? My point is Manning would have been great no matter what team he went to, if he was a Detroit lion right now they would not have ever even come close to 0-16 last year. Manning was a #1 overall pick which means everyone knew what they were getting from Manning. The same can not be said for Brady, no one else saw anything worth a damn in Brady but Belichick did and he could have benched Brady for Bledsoe when Beldsoe came back but he didnt cause he knew what he had. And dont give me that cheating BS underdogg you are better then that and when you do it you come across liek just another troll. You have addmited in the past that spygate was way over blown so dont try and throw it in our faces when you are backed in a corner. And by the way all those guys you named are system players. How did cato June do in Tampa where they run the same exact defense? ohthats right he just got cut after not living up to his contract. Mathis is good but on any other team he is a back up at best. jason david is a walking punch line and Thorton has done jack sh*t since he left the Colts. You want to talk about long shots? Steven Neal our starting RG was a college wrestler who had not played football since high school. We sent us a video tape of himself and we brought him in for a work out, we signed him to the practice squad and he earned his way into the starting line up. Yet another perfect example of a guy no one else saw anything in that Belichick snatched up and turned into a great football player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Are you really trying to give credit to Dungy for drafting Manning? Dungy was not even the coach when Manning was drafted Jim Mora was or am I worng? My point is Manning would have been great no matter what team he went to, if he was a Detroit lion right now they would not have ever even come close to 0-16 last year. Manning was a #1 overall pick which means everyone knew what they were getting from Manning. The same can not be said for Brady, no one else saw anything worth a damn in Brady but Belichick did and he could have benched Brady for Bledsoe when Beldsoe came back but he didnt cause he knew what he had. And dont give me that cheating BS underdogg you are better then that and when you do it you come across liek just another troll. You have addmited in the past that spygate was way over blown so dont try and throw it in our faces when you are backed in a corner. And by the way all those guys you named are system players. How did cato June do in Tampa where they run the same exact defense? ohthats right he just got cut after not living up to his contract. Mathis is good but on any other team he is a back up at best. jason david is a walking punch line and Thorton has done jack sh*t since he left the Colts. You want to talk about long shots? Steven Neal our starting RG was a college wrestler who had not played football since high school. We sent us a video tape of himself and we brought him in for a work out, we signed him to the practice squad and he earned his way into the starting line up. Yet another perfect example of a guy no one else saw anything in that Belichick snatched up and turned into a great football player.

I never give the coach credit for drafting.  The colts have a GM.  And that GM did draft Peyton Manning when he could have drafted Ryan Leaf.  #1 picks are no guarantee of success.  That and the money they cost are the reasons no team wants them. 

System guys - are you kidding me?  How many times have I read on this site how players leave the NE nest and don't make it elsewhere.  Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?  And if you are going to draft a guy aren't you going to draft them to fit into your system.  If not, whose system would you draft them for?  

I listed 12 players drafted in the 4th and beyond who have started for the colts and other teams.  I don't care if belichick found the guy in the stall of an airport bathroom.  The point is did the person selected end up starting for the team?  If the answer is yes then the pick was a success. 

As for undrafted free agents like steven neal - How about Jeff Saturday and Gary Brackett?  Add to them starters like Raheem Brock (who was drafted by another team and cut 2 months later), Melvin Bullett, Dan Federkeil and Gijon Robinson. 

As for Steven Neal - is that the guy that the same steven neal that a pats fan started a named a thread here "Steven Neal flag football lineman".  Is that the steven neal you are referring to?

Look my point was not to discount the pats drafting success.  They are clearly one of the best 4 or 5 drafting teams in the NFL, as are the colts. 

But for Czarnecki to give his only A+ to the pats using stats that favor the colts just shows he is a lackey for belichick.  That was my point. 

as for the spygate comment, I take a lot of sht on this site and it is understandable.  But don't think that I am not going to dish out a little of my own.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

dish it out all you want Underdogg but i have always liked and respected you even when i give you sh*t or what not i always know that you are a cool guy. Now with that said you are better then that man, say what you want but leave the spygate BS at the door, you are above that troll sh*t

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]dish it out all you want Underdogg but i have always liked and respected you even when i give you sh*t or what not i always know that you are a cool guy. Now with that said you are better then that man, say what you want but leave the spygate BS at the door, you are above that troll sh*t

Come now - you surely don't think it is ok to give me sh't (as you say) and don't expect it in return.  as frequently as I have had to endure the "polian changed league rules, heat in the dome, and sound added to the dome" rants, you surely can handle an occassional reminder of the bs acts of your coach. 

I like a lot of things about your team.  I think belichick is a great coach and evaluator of talent and knows how to effectively focus on the things that need to be done without alot of outside noise.  That said, the guy is a douchebag of the largest caliber and his insecurity given all of the positives to pull Nixonian bs of spying to gain the "extra" edge is horse manure. 

I am sorry if my occassional comments bother you.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently missing Togah is some kind of degenerative disease. The Pats have already brought in a one-dimensional retread in Joey Galloway. My hope is that Joey will make it through the season without losing track of a weapon that magically manages to shoot somebody all by itself.  My other hope is that running straight down the left sideline fools some teams into actually covering Galloway, so Randy can catch some balls. There is a reason nobody is hurrying to the front of the Sign Marvin Harrison Line.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way if nobody pays attention to him Brady will throw the ball his way. Nothing wrong with a couple of cheap long gainers. Of course I'm banking that he'll catch the ball but call me an optimist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

One thing that hinders Belichick in the draft is that he often doesn’t draft until around the 32nd pick in the first round and the corresponding pick in succeeding rounds.  

When Dungy was in Tampa the building blocks for the defense, Brooks and Sapp, were drafted by McKay before Dungy was hired.   

The Colts already had Manning and an offense before Dungy got there.  He was smart enough not to break it.  

A thought on drafting Manning; the draft is easier when your picking first! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think the best four teams in personnel matters are the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, and Chargers. All these teams have managed to find starters not only in the draft, but (especially in NE and SDs cases) in guys cut from other teams. As much as I hate Polian, the guy is great at his job. Before he went to Indy he built the Bills teams of the late 80s to early 90s. They may have choked in the big lights, but they made it there four times. The Colts are not as good at cap management as NE, but they do draft well. The Steelers and Chargers also draft a lot of starters, so we see three of these teams have won 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls, and NE played in the other. But to hear a Colts fan crying about being "disrespected" by the media...lay off smoking that stuff, man! Maybe with Tony Dungy gone the media will be a bit more critical. We Patriots fans are used to it, sometimes that is the price of success. Back to the original subject of this thread...I think Marvin will wind up retiring or geta call after some team has an injury. At the least after the draft and likely the first cuts. He's had a good career, he should just retire a Colt. Look at guys like Favre and Jerry Rice. They tried to hold on but never really had success. In any case I don't see BB signing him.