Matchup Thoughts v. Browns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Matchup Thoughts v. Browns

Headed back home this week at 9-3 and if we win out we get the bye and possibly (but unlikely) a #1 seed w help.

After not showing up to play in the first half at all the Pats were able to turn it around offensively and Gostkowski ended being huge for us.

My question/challenge is: can we please go in and take care of business for once.? it seems the last 2-3 years come december the team takes the foot off the pedal. gets down by 10, 14 points to bad teams and has to play their way back into it. can they please come out for once and jump on a weaker team?!

-Cleveland has a solid defense. they can stop the run and Joe Haden is a legit corner. we have many weapons though so I'm not worried about the pass game. If he takes out Edelman jsut go to Gronk all day or vice versa but i dont think anyone will stop Gronk so the pass game will be jsust fine we the Oline can protect Brady.

- i hope the run game can find an RB (BLount, Bolden, Vereen, Ridley) whoever that can be consistent and provide some stability in the backfield. it'll be nice if we can run all over these guys and control clock and keep our D off the field.

-can the interior of the D please stand up? lets stop the run. the run game for cleveland is pretty sorry stuff so if we cannot atleast slow down McGahee and the RBs i will be very dissapointed.

-I see Jordan Cameron posing a tough threat to cover. Josh Gordon doesnt bother me as much since we have the Island (Talib) on him. But, Cameron is a different story. Our LBs cant cover too well unless we put Collins or Fletcher on him. If BB sticks with Hightower & SPikes on 3rd downs I think he will pose a big threat.

-With whatever QB Cleveland throws at us i expect a defense that will bring a lot pressure and mix up coverages. if we can get pressure on hm and force turnovers i will be happy.

in the end, we are a FAR more superior team than Cleveland and if we screw around with them for a while like last game i won't be too happy. as a good playoff team we need to take care of business against bad teams. lets step up this weekend boys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Matchup Thoughts v. Browns

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Josh Gordon doesnt bother me as much since we have the Island (Talib) on him.

Gordon should bother you imo.  He is playing like the best WR in the league right now.  He plays on a complete garbage team with complete JAG QBs and he is putting up per games stats that would break the all-time receiving record if he was playing a full season.  And unlike Calvin Johnson last season he isn't doing it entirely because of volume.  Yeah he has been targeted a lot, but he is averaging more yards per target and catch than any of the top 20 WR in yards this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Josh Gordon doesnt bother me as much since we have the Island (Talib) on him.

[/QUOTE]

Gordon should bother you imo.  He is playing like the best WR in the league right now.  He plays on a complete garbage team with complete JAG QBs and he is putting up per games stats that would break the all-time receiving record if he was playing a full season.  And unlike Calvin Johnson last season he isn't doing it entirely because of volume.  Yeah he has been targeted a lot, but he is averaging more yards per target and catch than any of the top 20 WR in yards this year.

[/QUOTE]

if talib wasnt healthy or isnt healthy i would be VERY scared of him but as BB did to Julio Jones he will find a way to take Gordon out of the game imo. say talib's hip flares up and he cant't go.... we are in deep trouble. but with talib, BB can bracket cover with Talib & Harmon or DMC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Spikes not practicing really doesnt help this run D. he;s our best run stuffing LB and if he doesnt play, could be a long game. need spikes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Spikes not practicing really doesnt help this run D. he;s our best run stuffing LB and if he doesnt play, could be a long game. need spikes

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 2h

LB Brandon Spikes' absence from practice today not injury-related, according to team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 2h

LB Brandon Spikes' absence from practice today not injury-related, according to team.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, i saw that. never know though. hope he's good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hopefully Willis doesn't get all nostalgic on us ajd run for 100 yards and a td or 2 like he used to. If you are the Browns how do you not feed this guy the ball 30 times for 4 ypc against our D line? Actually their plan should he 18 targets for Flash Gordon, and 45 rushes for their RB platoon.

On offense, I'd like to see us keep Brady clean, and I wonder who Haden covers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Actually their plan should he 18 targets for Flash Gordon, and 45 rushes for their RB platoon.

Every play should be out of a 3 TE set except the TEs should be offensive lineman.  Single back with Gordon on the outside.  Send Gordon deep on every play.  Run it up the gut or throw a bomb.  Every play.  Bwhaahahaha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Hopefully Willis doesn't get all nostalgic on us ajd run for 100 yards and a td or 2 like he used to. If you are the Browns how do you not feed this guy the ball 30 times for 4 ypc against our D line? Actually their plan should he 18 targets for Flash Gordon, and 45 rushes for their RB platoon.

[/QUOTE]

they may try and put Haden on Gronk and put their up and coming safety TJ Ward with help over the top? or maybe their MLB (forgot his name he's ok tho) and Ward doubling gronk and try to have haden take out Edelman.
    i doubt they put him on amendola so he needs to shine this week!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HILLIS is not with the Browns anymore. He's with the Giants. But I know what you mean :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The better question is who takes spot #53 on the roster?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HILLIS is not with the Browns anymore. He's with the Giants. But I know what you mean :)

[/QUOTE]

Not Hillis, Willis Macgahee. Guy used to own us with Buff and Balt, but I do remember what you meant with peyton hillis killing us a few years ago, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Actually their plan should he 18 targets for Flash Gordon, and 45 rushes for their RB platoon.

[/QUOTE]

Every play should be out of a 3 TE set except the TEs should be offensive lineman.  Single back with Gordon on the outside.  Send Gordon deep on every play.  Run it up the gut or throw a bomb.  Every play.  Bwhaahahaha.

[/QUOTE]

Scary thing is it would probably work! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not Hillis, Willis Macgahee. Guy used to own us with Buff and Balt, but I do remember what you meant with peyton hillis killing us a few years ago, right?

[/QUOTE]

Yep! That was the Browns' Super Bowl that year. Daboll was dancing around along with Mangini.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB will take Gordon away - as he typically does with the opposing team's offensive threat.  Be good to see the Pats take control of the game at the outset.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no comment on scheming. Have not seen enough of the Browns this year to comment.

I would just like to see a clean 60 minutes from our team for once. Now is the time to start tuning up and getting it going.

All the pretenders have fallen.  This is the time to start bringing it up another notch.

[/QUOTE]

i have seen some of the browns play this year. The offense really isn't good. If you can shut down josh Gordon and the big play we should be able to get off the field. Jordan Cameron is a good TE and I think Collins can play on him though. Not spikes or Hightower, that would not go well. McGahee is a shell of himself, if he takes off against us there's a real problem. 

defensively clevelands D isn't bad at all. Solid secondary, good LBs, and decent DLine. Their strength is the secondarY. That's why I say we need to find a consistent run game. That will slowly open up the pass game for us.