Matt Cassel Is Probably Fuming About Tony Gonzolez Trade.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Matt Cassel Is Probably Fuming About Tony Gonzolez Trade.......

They traded his best weapon at TE with Tony Gonzolez, a guy who would have brought a 1,000 yards and 10 TDs to the Chiefs next year.   Next thing you do they'll take the LB at the #3 spot instead of getting one of the two franchise left tackles in the draft to protect Cassel.  

I understand what Pioli is doing.  This year is a rebuilding year, with a hope that maybe in that weakass division the Chiefs sneak in with 8-8 or 9-7 into the playoffs.    Pioli is going to do with what he did in 2000 with the Patriots, try to cut the fat on the roster, fill it with cheap characters guys and draft well.  Then next season you have the chance to have a contender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: Matt Cassel Is Probably Fuming About Tony Gonzolez Trade.......

I don't know the financial situation of the Chiefs, and whether there are quality free agents that can be signed with the space opened up by trading Gonzalez.

If St Louis doesn't draft Sanchez or trade their #2 overall pick, KC will be able to trade down once or twice with a team enamored with Sanchez.

They could trade down twice and end up with a serious arsonal of picks this year and next.

I also think that Larry Johnson is going to have an All-Pro year, since he needs to repair his rep and secure his next big contract.

Pioli is being smart and thinking beyond next year, which is what the Lions should be doing instead of drafting a QB into the same crapp pile of a roster.

That second rounder will look a lot better next year, but the Falcons definitely did well in that trade. They should be an exciting team next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

1) I don't think that Cassell cares.....he just wants to play as a starter in the NFL.

2) KC is loaded for cap space...they are well over 30 million under the cap...I believe that they have the ost space of any team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tony wanted out and he is 33 years old, KC made out huge in this trade and totally out thought teh Falcons. 2nd round pick for a 33 year old? what were they thinking? KC was smart to get something for his 33 year old azz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I'm just saying for Matt Cassell it stinks not to have Gonzolez to look for, but I do agree in the long term it was a smart move.   The Chiefs should use their draft to build up a strong O-line like that had in the early part of the decade.  Look at what Elvis Grbac and Trent Green were able to do behind those lines, throw for 4,000 yards with average WRs.    

The best part of the deal is that Cassell will have to develop more with Bowe who has the chance to be a Pro-Bowl WR.   The Chiefs would be smart if they could move Larry Johnson as well, but in this dime a dozen RB league they probably couldn't get more than a 4th round pick for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

yea they need to take a good OT in round one to watch Cassels blind side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

matt went from 500k to 14 million.do you really think he cares?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Matt Cassel was probably on his way out of the league when Marcus Pollard gave him a winning lottery ticket. The only thing Cassel should be fuming about is his new tax bracket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]matt went from 500k to 14 million.do you really think he cares?
    Posted by dplav[/QUOTE]

BINGO

elaboration - does anyone here think that prior to the start of the 08 season that Matt Cassel had any inkling anywhere in his mind that he someday would make 14 mill in one year? 

If you don't know the answer please let me know and I will supply the answer.  Here is a hint.  It is one word that starts with the letter "N"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Getting a 2nd rd pick in next year's draft for the best TE in football wouldn't make me happy if I were a Chiefs fan. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

[QUOTE]Tony wanted out and he is 33 years old, KC made out huge in this trade and totally out thought teh Falcons. 2nd round pick for a 33 year old? what were they thinking? KC was smart to get something for his 33 year old azz.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

What were the Patriots thinking in trading a 2nd round pick for an old (turned 30 that year) Corey Dillion?  Dillion gave them 1 good year (2004) and 2 decent years (2005, 2006).  I think the Patriots make that trade again in a heartbeat.

Tony G had over 1,000 yards last year.  No reason he can't give the Falcons 3 solid years.  Maybe even help them get to a SB. 

Nice trade all around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[QUOTE]matt went from 500k to 14 million.do you really think he cares?
    Posted by dplav[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.