Matt Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Matt Jones

Should the PATS bring in Matt Jones for a look see?I know he has some baggage but he's 6'5'',fast and alot younger than Joey Galloway.As a ex-qb he should be able to pick the offense and read defense's alot better than what we have now. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Matt Jones

Physically, this is a good idea. First, his "baggage" would have to be checked at the gate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd like the move assuming he's recovered from the Columbian Flu........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

i heard he doesn't run good routes because he confuses the white lines of the playing field with the white lines of a different sort.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd like to see Matt Jones given a shot by Belichick, then again I am from Arkansas so I tend to back most former Razorbacks.

I think he could be a reliable red-zone assett if he could stay clean, he isn't the 1st-round pick they thought he'd be when he was drafted but he is solid and could make some plays when called upon.  It'd be another big bodied athletic WR on the roster, he could be the 4th or 5th WR for all I care.  I just think he'd be good at providing depth and reliability on the field.  He just needs to prove he's reliable off the field as well tho.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i would like to see him given a shot, just based on the fact that we need his skill set. but i have a feeling that if BB had an interest he would have already been here. the fact that not a single team has even brought him in for a look may signify that there is something else that the public may not be aware of. maybe he could be facing a long suspension? or maybe his substance abuse problems have gotten worse? who knows, but its a shame because the guy has talent. and if he had been coming out this year he may have been drafted even higher because of his wildcat potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Matt Jones:
    [QUOTE]Should the PATS bring in Matt Jones for a look see?I know he has some baggage but he's 6'5'',fast and alot younger than Joey Galloway.As a ex-qb he should be able to pick the offense and read defense's alot better than what we have now. Any thoughts?
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE] brandon tate will be on board in a couple of weeks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1202833&format=text

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

We need smart, technical receivers that can read the D instantly along with Brady and run the appropriate route.  That's why Galloway is struggling.  He's not a good route runner and doesn't seem to see the same things Brady does pre-snap.

Without even going into his off-field problems, Matt Jones is nothing but a big guy who is fast.  He is not a refined receiver.  Why do you think he would be able to succeed in the Pats O??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Tate won't be able to come in right away and be our #3 WR.  Matt Jones made a mistake, he deserves a second chance.  He is extremely talented, I say we give him a shot.  The Pats have turned around bad character guys in the past.  (Moss, Dillon, Merriweather, etc)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

1st, he's a head case.  2nd, drugs and 3rd which is football related, he's slow of the line.  He can be held up which makes him slow getting into his route.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Jones:
    [QUOTE]1st, he's a head case.  2nd, drugs and 3rd which is football related, he's slow of the line.  He can be held up which makes him slow getting into his route.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

espn has recently reported that matt jones doesn't actually like blow, he just likes the way it smells.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The reason why Matt Jones has been a no show at any workouts is because drugs are the one thing NFL coaches hate as much as a player calling it quits by mid-season. 

I hear Tate has been study the tape and learning the playbook he could easily take Galloway's job. Brandon showed upside in his senior year at NC. He is suppose to be a younger Galloway. Relys on his speed mostly. The thing that sets him apart from Galloway are his hands. He has good hands, runs an ok route, and can return kicks. I won't be surprised if Belichick holds him out till the bye though. Might as well give him time to work with Brady and get a good feel for the offense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Should the PATS bring in Matt Jones for a look see?I know he has some baggage but he's 6'5'',fast and alot younger than Joey Galloway.As a ex-qb he should be able to pick the offense and read defense's alot better than what we have now. Any thoughts?
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Based on last published reports, Matt Jones has a problem with drug and alcohol addiction. I don't see any Owner, GM or Coach willing to take a chance on him until he overcomes those addictions. 
    Can you imagine a team signing him and he regresses to past habits? How do you think Roger Goodell would react to any slip ups he may have?! 
    Jones has the size and maybe even the speed to be good receiver in the NFL. He might just need to be in an organization that's strong from top to bottom and generally speaking they shy away from head cases.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Don't know if Jones is a good idea...lots of baggage. But, you are absolutely right about the Pats needing to find a competent #3 receiver. Presently, its' a glaring weakness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Jones:
    [QUOTE]i heard he doesn't run good routes because he confuses the white lines of the playing field with the white lines of a different sort.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!