Matt Roth Might be worth a look!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Matt Roth Might be worth a look!

With Tedy B retirement, LB Matt Roth may be worth a look for the Pats.  He just came off a monster season and is currently sidelined with a groin injury.  The Phins have moved on without him and word is he could be waived or possibly traded.  I know trading in the division would be tough, but Roth would only be a 550K cap hit and can play the 3-4 or 4-3.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-matt-roth-s090109,0,5269447.story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Re: Matt Roth Might be worth a look!

I would take Matt Roth, he is a solid player, and I would take him over Pierre Woods to start in the 3-4

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Roth Might be worth a look!:
    [QUOTE]I would take Matt Roth, he is a solid player, and I would take him over Pierre Woods to start in the 3-4
    Posted by thejoshuatree28[/QUOTE]
    Being a dolphin fan I can honestly tell you he is a good player. He's a bit of a nut case though. I don't think Miami will cut him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think he'd be an upgrade over Woods and would welcome the acquistion assuming he gets cut, is healthy and is clear in the head.  Not sure what we'd have to give up in a trade, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick etc.

Good article below, seems there might be more to the story than a "groin injury".

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1195724.html

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Roth Might be worth a look! : Being a dolphin fan I can honestly tell you he is a good player. He's a bit of a nut case though. I don't think Miami will cut him.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you that he wont get cut, he will backup taylor which probably means that he will start at some point this season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Yeah not going to happen...he is too versatile in our combo 3-4, 4-3 looks for the phins to give him up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What were his number last year that make him a so called "monster"??? just wondering.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]What were his number last year that make him a so called "monster"??? just wondering.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    46 tackles and 5 sacks killa.  What makes him such a perfect fit for the Pats is he's considered a LB/DE 6'4 275 and only 26 years old.  While it may seem nuts for the phins to part ways with him, that's just what's going on down in Miami.  My best guess is he ends up on PUP, but with the Pats loaded with picks, why not offer a 3rd or 4th pick for Roth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah not going to happen...he is too versatile in our combo 3-4, 4-3 looks for the phins to give him up
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I agree that it wouldn't make sense for the Phins to make the trade, but I would have no problem with the Pats offering a high pick for Roth(2nd or lower).  The news has the phins moving on without Roth, maybe the Phins are looking to upgrade their WR position, which is awful.