May I Ask A Question?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: May I Ask A Question?

I just counted 22 questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

But to answer what you're getting at, LOW IQ would be my answer. Or should I say ZERO common sense

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Because very few people have the ability to change. This is Hern like it or not. Big money, fame, etc just better enabled him to live the life he would have probably led without it. From everything I have seen...money changes people, but most of the time it is not for the best. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

All of your questions are very valid, and I think that most of us wonder the same thing.  Why do these guys, who seem to have it all, continue to destroy themselves with their poor decisions like Hernandez?  I'm sure that every situation is different, but in a case like Aaron's, I think that his long-time gang affiliation has a lot to do with it.  It's easy for You and I to say, "Just get away from those type opf people.  Don't associate with your old buddies.  Cut ties with the bad influences in your life.  Distance yourself from the bad dudes!"  However, when a kid/man like Hernandez has been tied up with drugs/gangs/criminals for a large part of his youth and likely adult life, I don't think it is as simple as just walking away from the trouble.  Once a guy gets deeply involved with gangs or criminals, I think it can be really hard to get out.  Sadly, I think Hernandez is going to end up being a prime example of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well rusty, I imagine if you grow up poor and are affiliated with gangs and a street way of life that protected you and made your life better at the time, you have a hard time separating yourself from that. This guy probably didn't have the life you are I had, his parents probably weren't around to show him right from wrong, plus some people are just thugs. You ever see Hernadez give an interview? He acts a little bit like a punk, but honestly Talib acts much more like a punk and we just gave him 5 million. I get the feeling there may be others in that locker room - you'd think we'd learn our lesson after Merriweather, but apparently we didn't.

I don't think you'll ever see Hernandez play on this team (and possibly the NFL) again. And there's no way in hell Kraft is going to ever give Talib or Spikes a long term deal after this debacle. I think we are going to be witnessing a shift back to the old "Patriot Way" after all this plays out. This has got to be the most embarrassing thing possible for the Krafts...they just gave him a 40 million dollar contract last year prior to Kraft going on and on about how special a young man Hernandez has become. 

This whole thing is terrible.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

What is the thought process for someone like this, anyone, regardless of how much money you make. how famous you are, etc......to actually involve yourself with this kind of activity?

I could see if you aren't paid millions and live some kind of a gang life and think you have to live a gang life to survive, because there is some kind of conditioning for a kid to not know any better or not feel there is a way out, etc. You can kind of understand the source of that.

But, with this situation.....What is it? Even the Sean Taylor thing. The guy went to his offseason home to lay in his bed with a machete on his Bye week and was murdered doing it.  What are you doing?   You went to college, you graduated, you're paid millions, you play a game for a living, etc.  What is the issue?

How many more examples of these kinds of people or incidents do we need to see or hear about before others realize they're actually participating in it?

Even the DUI stuff.  How hard is it to seriously say "I am not going to get involved in that"...? Why would you literally want to throw away the fact you make up .00001% of society that makes 10 million per year, which pretty much means if you're somewhat intelligent, you can take that money and make it grow and once you retire, you'll never have to worry about paying your bills ever again?  So, you go from poor or lower middle class to what many strive for in this country, to being a moron and involved in crimes?

Is it to try to be cool in some way?  Like, why would you even hang around people who carry guns? I don't get that part either. When I go out with friends, I want to veg out in peace and have a good time. I don't want to pretend like I am on the front lines waiting for an attack. It's just the strangest line of thinking to me.

What is the thought process for someone who gets paid a crapload of money? Do they just quit being sensible and lose all control? What is it?  What are the agents doing? What are the parents or friends saying to these people?

I get they're young, but they're not children either.   You hear all the stories of rock bands and musicians who get the big record deal and then have too much money, too much time, free drugs, etc, and it spirals out of control, but these athletes are ABOVE the radar and we've seen dozens of examples over and over now, to the point it's very clear you won't win.  How many more examples does someone need?

So, why do some athletes in general think they're different? Even if Hernandez is not connected directly to this, why would you associate in even having discussions about murdering someone? Can anyone make any sense of it?  You play football, you practice, you play, you work out, you have a good time, etc.  What is the problem?  You go out with your friends and discuss murdering someone? Why?  What possibly would make you make that decision?

Just forget it man. You have to live a real life. The fact that you are asking these questions a day after claiming to know it all, is really all one needs to see. YOu are a fraud. You said I think thugs bringing brought into the NFL, murders, etc is cool?  Why? because I understand and can relate. I cant help where I came up, but as an adult I am doing just fine but I know alot you will never know. Its a bit late to ask questions know it all. Its a "HOOD" thing, you would never understand....lol

I knew you would jump in here and imply you are in a gang or were in a gang, trying to pass it off as "cool" again and then deny that is what you're doing. Like clockwork, mentally deranged Shizzles shows up. lol

W TF are you talking about!?!?? Im done with you man. Now im in a gang? Can u be more of an eeediot. Stop making up sh*t about me you cornball. MY life you will never know....just be happy you have no life and the board IS your life. Pretty safe way to live.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Because very few people have the ability to change. This is Hern like it or not. Big money, fame, etc just better enabled him to live the life he would have probably led without it. From everything I have seen...money changes people, but most of the time it is not for the best. 

I think this pretty much sums it up and I totally agree with the answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Everyone must search inside inside themselves and ask themselves the question: how and why am I self-destructive, how am I self-sabotaging? What do I need to do to leave my own scarred past behind? What resentments do I need to let go of? Who do I need to forgive? How can I forgive myself, heal my own wounded ego and love others?

For many of us it is not a matter of money, success or intelligence rather this unresolved shame and resentments etc that plague us. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Anyone who's ever had any kind of addiction counseling can tell you: The first thing they want you to do is disassociate yourself from all the "bad influences" around  you.

What if I told you that?

In order to live a healthier life you have to give up all your friends.

Would you do it?

Now, I'm not qualified to be equating chemical or phsychological substance dependencies with what we'll term lifestyle choices (for lack of better phraseology), but common sense tells me that just about all of us have our comfort zones and I suspect a good many of us might be surprised to learn how much we are willing to suffer in order to keep them.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Anyone who's ever had any kind of addiction counseling can tell you: The first thing they want you to do is disassociate yourself from all the "bad influences" around  you.

What if I told you that?

In order to live a healthier life you have to give up all your friends.

Would you do it?

Now, I'm not qualified to be equating chemical or phsychological substance dependencies with what we'll term lifestyle choices (for lack of better phraseology), but common sense tells me that just about all of us have our comfort zones and I suspect a good many of us might be surprised to learn how much we are willing to suffer in order to keep them.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

Well AH is probably going to find out how much he's willing to suffer very shortly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Maybe it is more than what we see??????

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year