Maybe this will work out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Maybe this will work out

The call was atrocious and a bag-job, for sure.  Going forward how will this affect the Pats.  We have seen glimpses of the Old Tom, that fierce, fiery competitor this season, including the choice words for that incompetent referee.  Tom has a lot of Irish in him.  And, like his forefathers, I think he'll use this whole episode for a little extra motivation.   You know the Irish.  They'll hold a grudge, feigned or real, till H freezes over.

About the game.  There were some mistakes.  It happens.  To me, they started too slow.  The Pats played footsie for their first 2 possessions rather than play like their hair was on fire.  That played right into their ball control strategy of the Panthers.  My last thought in this matter was that on 3 and 1, where was a clever dump off out to the flat to either DA, Edelman, or Vereen?  Heck they even did this play to Dobson in the last minute very successfully.  I can see going for a pass- as Charlie Weis would say- give them something they don't expect.

I'm predicting that Tom will have one of his signature games against Denver.  The Pats will start fast and score early.  Then they'll mix in a lot of runs to maintain drives and set up play action.  Tom will control his emotions and deliver in the clutch throughout.  It's November, it's a home game, and the playoffs are looming.  Go Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Maybe this will work out

sounds Good!

We shall see...an angry team coming off of a loss usually bodes well but the chips are stacked. I went on record saying before the panthers game that it would be tougher than the Denver game but that before I found out that maybe Talib AND Dennard would be out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The call was atrocious and a bag-job, for sure.  Going forward how will this affect the Pats.  We have seen glimpses of the Old Tom, that fierce, fiery competitor this season, including the choice words for that incompetent referee.  Tom has a lot of Irish in him.  And, like his forefathers, I think he'll use this whole episode for a little extra motivation.   You know the Irish.  They'll hold a grudge, feigned or real, till H freezes over.

About the game.  There were some mistakes.  It happens.  To me, they started too slow.  The Pats played footsie for their first 2 possessions rather than play like their hair was on fire.  That played right into their ball control strategy of the Panthers.  My last thought in this matter was that on 3 and 1, where was a clever dump off out to the flat to either DA, Edelman, or Vereen?  Heck they even did this play to Dobson in the last minute very successfully.  I can see going for a pass- as Charlie Weis would say- give them something they don't expect.

I'm predicting that Tom will have one of his signature games against Denver.  The Pats will start fast and score early.  Then they'll mix in a lot of runs to maintain drives and set up play action.  Tom will control his emotions and deliver in the clutch throughout.  It's November, it's a home game, and the playoffs are looming.  Go Pats.

[/QUOTE]

I'm tending to think as you are. 

I think BB has a knack for taking a negative like this and having the team come roaring back.  The offense just keeps getting better and better.  As for the defense, I will not be shocked to see them come out much more aggressively against PM.  I believe a big part of the reason why some people believed that the Patriots' defense did not appear to be applying consistent pressure, on Monday night, was because that was the game plan to deal with CN.  The focus was likely on containment.  Unfortunately, it broke down a few times.  Well, with PM, containment is not going to be the issue, especially with a bad ankle.  Consequently, I expect a lot more aggressiveness.  It should be an intense game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm tending to think as you are. 

I think BB has a knack for taking a negative like this and having the team come roaring back.  The offense just keeps getting better and better.  As for the defense, I will not be shocked to see them come out much more aggressively against PM.  I believe a big part of the reason why some people believed that the Patriots' defense did not appear to be applying consistent pressure, on Monday night, was because that was the game plan to deal with CN.  The focus was likely on containment.  Unfortunately, it broke down a few times.  Well, with PM, containment is not going to be the issue, especially with a bad ankle.  Consequently, I expect a lot more aggressiveness.  It should be an intense game.

[/QUOTE]

I think his ankle will be key. Will it allow him to be mobile within the pocket. Can we get a sack on him and rough up that ankle. Need to move him off his spot and see if he can throw uncomfortable. I wouldnt bring the house though. Manning will eat this injured secondary up. I would play coverage mostly and mix the coverage, cover 2, cover 3, cover 4 and play a lot  of dime and double up and help Ryan while moving Dmc to CB for a game and let Gregory and Harmon play the back end with Ebner guarding J.Thomas. Arrington in the slot on Wes with Collins helping underneath. Why send a bunch of guys that aint gonna get there. Play coverage and mix it up. Spread em out on 0, take the best matchup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

^ thx for the expert analysis. You dont ever give any opponents credit. You are the one who said Olsen S*cks before the game and is not a probowler. Well !.) he did go to a pro bowl and # 2, he abused the ELITE FS, McCourty!  The guy is just not physical and lets guys run by him. So Greg gets 5 catches and a TD so what do you Julius Thomas will do?

now about Denvers defense. Thats all the info you got? They S*ck?! lol, well did you watch the game vs the Cheifs?? They looked pretty good with Miller back.

Denver had a #1 rated defense vs the rush not too long ago which means they could shut down our run and make our offense one dimensional and unleash their pass rushers.

Try giving the other team some credit so you arent so flustered and confused if/when we lose. I warned YOU about Carolina, a team that plays in YOUR backyard so spare us any more expert analysis please. You are a homer. YOU think we should win every game by 30. You have also been strangely giving Brady props the last couple weeks as you know our D is the problem again and we are likely gonna need Brady to carry us again...lol, Fraud

and why are you high on Bolden?? They guy has like 2 good games in 2 years. I know you have backpedaled more and more on Ridley as the years go by. He went from great lead back to maybe Vareen should split carries to now saying we should limit him, but you still cant see why Benny didnt get more carries?!?!?!  LOL...   Benny was a pedestrian runner who had great ball security. Ridley is an explosive runner who can secure the ball! They are complete opposites but equally ineffective in postseason. I would just be happy with something in between the 2.

Dont go on record making any predictions this week ok..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver's D sucks so I am not concerned about putting up points. The key is how we do that. No shootout.  Run it and run it hard with Bolden/Vereen throughout. SImilar to what they did with Carolina, but hopefully with some more points, which should be the case.

My main concern, outside of Talib's situation is actually Arrington and that re-occuring groin injury. It compromises his strength in the slot.  I hve faith in Ryan, but if Arrington is hurt, it would lead one to believe McCourty would need to play some corner.  Not good with the gameplan likely needing to be about taking out Julius THomas. I understand he has a knee injury and isn't practicing, but I think he'll play.  

BB is pretty good in these situations in terms of getting creative, so I am very curious how he does it on D this week.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I'm very interested to see what BB has in mind for PM and the Broncos on defense. 

Do we know for certain that Talib did reaggravate his hip?  I was wondering, at the time, if BB used that as an excuse to sit him down in that game, before he did something really stupid and risked getting himself suspended.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Its the "got to play 60 minutes" mentality.  Did you get the feeling the Pats D went sort of soft on that last Panther possession to allow an 83 yard drive at the end?  To see them score a 25 yard TD to win the game, you'd figure the Pats would ahve avoided any big play like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[/QUOTE]

Did you just respond to me in another thread acting all normal and now come in here all passive-aggressive calling me a "fraud"? Did you?

I picked NE 24-14 over Carolina, so that is factually incorrect about me saying NE should "win every game by 30"?

Are you seriously responding to me above? You didn't quote me, so maybe you are talking to someone else?

Yes, I feel 24-14 for the Pats was a good choice and without Ridley's fumble it probaby would have been that kind of a score.

And, now you're asking me about Bolden? LOL

Oh, Shizzles. I have never seen meds shift so fast like the ones you're on.

PS I gave Newton and Carolina credit numerous times yesterday, so you lied again.

[/QUOTE]

I dont care what you did AFTER the game. I am just pointed out how you never give the opponents any credit BEFORE the game and I wasnt talking about the score. You are just defecting now because you failed to adress Greg Olen in your response.  You are the one that said he was a bum and not a pro bowler and so since he abused McCourty, I want to know are you advocating for him to cover Julius Thomas next week? If so, thats another bad strategy. Harmon and Ebner showed they can cover TE's. McCourty not so much. Its the same as it always been. McCourty is fast and smart. Outside of that, he offers nothing. He cant cover WRs when asked to play press and he let Greg Olsen get into him and make a move instead of trying to get physical. Now maybe thats just him being too small, but either way, Harmon and Ebner did well in that role. McCourty is a deep safety that shouldnt be asked to cover man to man if he goes back to CB which he may do, he is gonna require help or have to play off and give up underneath routes.

p.s 0- why do I have to "off my meds" everytime I challenge your opinion?  Are you some kind of voice of reason? (rhetorical, dont answer)

You get called out here daily so why would I align with YOU?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

One good thing about Bolden is that he hasn't fumbled.  His career avg. is 5.1 yard avg/carry with around 95ish carries (not many). I wouldn't mind giving him a chance, but there's gotta be a reason why they the coaches don't want to play him much.