Mayo Update?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Mayo Update?

You do realize Rich, Lewis and Urlacher have been injured and play a different position?  I never said I wanted anyone else I'm simply trying to find out if an injury has something to do with his poor play of late. We need major production from the position to win it all.

A Defensive captain who has disappeared for 3 games now should raise Red Flags.  Hell, Pink hat spoiled posters here want to start Mallett when Brady throws a pick or doesn't score every drive.  Derrick Johnson and Jo-Lonn Dunbar are good players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

You do realize Rich, Lewis and Urlacher have been injured and play a different position?  I never said I wanted anyone else I'm simply trying to find out if an injury has something to do with his poor play of late. We need major production from the position to win it all.

A Defensive captain who has disappeared for 3 games now should raise Red Flags.  Hell, Pink hat spoiled posters here want to start Mallett when Brady throws a pick or doesn't score every drive.  Derrick Johnson and Jo-Lonn Dunbar are good players.

[/QUOTE]

What LB had more than 5 tackles? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sweet.....we are playing irrelevant questions.  My turn.

Who's buried in Grant's tumb?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

nobody on this team should be  bashed except maybe gostkowski for missing some key fg's, that would have put us in the top seed. 

mayo is a solid player, he does exactly what BB asks of him.. Seymour was a great player but didn't put up great stats either. Mayo also made the pro bowl. The defense is playing very well right now and I'll go as far to say that they are one of the best in the playoffs. Just as many of us said, the d will be playing at a high level leading into the playoffs. 

bashing brady is ridiculous too,  He leads the number one offense in the NFL and its also going to the pro bowl. The Patriots can win games on both sides of the ball and they have the greatest coach in nfl history. this is our year, all I'd ask is the refs call the game right in denver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has he been injured and if so will he be OK for the playoffs? Maybe I'm the only one to notice but he completely disappeared the last 3 games (18.75% of the season).  Seems like something happened after that All Pro performance against Texas where he had Zero Sack and Zero Forced Fumbles.  I believe he was like 3rd or 4th in tackles last game. 

I hope he's OK because we need him to show up in big games.  After all he was a top 10 pick who got a huge contract.  My fingers are crossed. 

Thank God he's not Brady, who gets crucified on this board for not scoring every possession and not closing out every game.

[/QUOTE]

The score was 28-0. The Pats played a great game on offense and defense. What could the complaint about this game possibly be.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

One GLobe write up on the game applauded Mayo in his part in keeping Bush from doing much damage slipping out of the backfield as a receiver. These sorts of things do not show up on newspaper stats. They would show up on BBs coaching staff evaluation of a player's game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Whenever I think my wife is a bit crazy or unreasonable as wifes can be at times I just come here and she all of a sudden looks normal. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One GLobe write up on the game applauded Mayo in his part in keeping Bush from doing much damage slipping out of the backfield as a receiver. These sorts of things do not show up on newspaper stats. They would show up on BBs coaching staff evaluation of a player's game.

[/QUOTE]

Football concepts that can't be extrapolated from statistics boggles small minds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

only a troll would make a thread like this after a week in which NE wins 28-0 and mayo gets named as a pro bowl starter.

[/QUOTE]

Can we stop with troll talk??!!  I mean there are many threads that are more irrelevant than this and if it is such a non story then why post???  I dont get calling a fan a troll for being concerned. We have to sit here all year and watch Rusty bash Brady but a guy like Mayo is above debate??  I think T-Cals concerned are valid and yes we shut out Miami but does anyone really feel good about that?? Tannehil and one average WR? It should be a shut out but lets not act like  Miami is gonna be in the playoffs. I dont want to beat a dead horse and I dont complain much after wins, but I am concerned by the fact that Mayo has yet to make any impact WHEN IT COUNTS, IN postseason play, and the fact we got NO 3 and outs last year in the biggest Game tells me all I need to know and those that think this defense will all of a sudden dominate the best teams in the league after a miami shutout are being too optimisitc IMO. I hope they continue their agressive play but Mayo DOES need to step up his Postseason play in now his 5th year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

only a troll would make a thread like this after a week in which NE wins 28-0 and mayo gets named as a pro bowl starter.

[/QUOTE]

Can we stop with troll talk??!!  I mean there are many threads that are more irrelevant than this and if it is such a non story then why post???  I dont get calling a fan a troll for being concerned. We have to sit here all year and watch Rusty bash Brady but a guy like Mayo is above debate??  I think T-Cals concerned are valid and yes we shut out Miami but does anyone really feel good about that?? Tannehil and one average WR? It should be a shut out but lets not act like  Miami is gonna be in the playoffs. I dont want to beat a dead horse and I dont complain much after wins, but I am concerned by the fact that Mayo has yet to make any impact WHEN IT COUNTS, IN postseason play, and the fact we got NO 3 and outs last year in the biggest Game tells me all I need to know and those that think this defense will all of a sudden dominate the best teams in the league after a miami shutout are being too optimisitc IMO. I hope they continue their agressive play but Mayo DOES need to step up his Postseason play in now his 5th year.

[/QUOTE]

One question, what other team shut out the Phins this year? Yes they stink but it's very hard to shut out any team. Heck even the Cheifs, who might be the worst team since the 0-16 Det, was only shut out once.

Mayo and Wilfork have been the only consistent performers every game including the playoffs over the last 3 years. Mayo does what he's asked to do which is guard the second level, prevent the quick dump off pass, occassionally rush the gap, and prevent the RB from cutting inside on sweeps. As such he's been more solid then any other LB in the league this year. He's not a player that will get you eye pooping numbers but he will give you 125+ tackles, 3-5 turnovers, and a handful of sacks every year. I will take that every year over his career. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Football concepts that can't be extrapolated from statistics boggles small minds.

[/QUOTE]

Both Posts are good. I remember the Dolphins game in Miami, in which at end of Game, Mayo made a Perfect Blitz and made a Big Time Sack at the end of game, everybody went nuts. BUT, the play just before this Mayo saved the game. Miami called a perfect Screen Pass to the Left Flat, PERFECT. Mayo made one of the BEST Tackles this season, and stopped the play cold, he was the last line of Defense, otherwise he was going in for the score. Nothing was said about that play. Honestly, one of the Best Plays this season.

[/QUOTE]

Mayo makes those plays routine but no one every notices them. How about in the first quarter this past game. Tannehill tossed it up the middle to a wide open WR with the S's split. He would have done serious damage if not taken it 50yrds for the score and changed the mometum in the game. Mayo batted the ball down and the Phins punted a couple of plays later. Now in the sunday paper you won't see that stat or the one where Bush was coming off for a dump off with only green in front of him but Tannehill pulled back because Mayo was ready to jump the route but it's little plays like that Mayo makes so consistently people just think that's what every LB does. We've gotten so use to him we think his plays are routine and every LB makes them when in fact only a small handful of LB's in the league do it consitently

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One question, what other team shut out the Phins this year? Yes they stink but it's very hard to shut out any team. Heck even the Cheifs, who might be the worst team since the 0-16 Det, was only shut out once.

Mayo and Wilfork have been the only consistent performers every game including the playoffs over the last 3 years. Mayo does what he's asked to do which is guard the second level, prevent the quick dump off pass, occassionally rush the gap, and prevent the RB from cutting inside on sweeps. As such he's been more solid then any other LB in the league this year. He's not a player that will get you eye pooping numbers but he will give you 125+ tackles, 3-5 turnovers, and a handful of sacks every year. I will take that every year over his career. 

[/QUOTE]

I have given mayo his props and he gets singled out cuz he is a captain, and the highest paid player outside of Fork.  I do recognize his good plays but lets be real, his impact plays just began this year for whatever reason(scheme, not asking him) but he has never had the sack and FF #'s until this year and my complaint hasnt been his play during the year. MY complaint is that he dissapears in the playoffs and this CANT be debated. Atleast Fork has the excuse of taking on 3 blockers most plays but when he does, mayo should free up to make plays. Let me debate on my own. I dont know about T-Cal. I am happy with Mayo up until the big games where he makes No impact. Dont lump me in with people who dont know football. I just chalk it up to him doing his job so no need for praise. He did bat down a pass vs Miami but doesnt do that consistently like Bruschi did. He could be more instintive and not think so much. He makes tackles but a lot of them are after the damage is done and he is fast enough but he hesitates a lot. Very Good Player, not Great and not a Max Money player IMO but is still improving so thats good.

Patriots have always shut out atleast one team in december. Miami doesnt want to play when they come up here in december,. Same thing with Tenessee a few years back, We beat them 59-0 but what did we do that postseason?   Miami...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Who here bashes Brady?  If someone has a bad game, including Brady, it's not illegal to talk about it."

Hypocrite Much??  Unless it's Mayo or anyone on the Defense.  This is so freaking amusing.  Can someone in the "Rusty Crew" explain to me when Mayo became untouchable, in your minds, to the point where it's blasphemous too even talk about his play? 

I can't remember him delivering any Championships or ever taking over any playoff game.  When did he earn this House money?  Thanks for playing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

.....Oh and by running away Rusty, most of us call it having a JOB. LMAO@U again.  Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Who here bashes Brady? Well yesterday rusty compared him to Tony Romo...does that count?

To me Mayo is a slightly above average player, who at times plays better than that and at times doesn't. I think his play on the outside leaves something to be desired, but when he plays inside he does fine. I think the outside requires him to make more decisions and cover more ground and honestly I think he struggles. I don't care that the guy is making tackles 8-12 yards down the field...I see him get blocked by a tight end consistently when the run goes outside. That should not happen. If you're a pro bowl linebacker you don't get engulfed by tight ends and have runners blow by you. I'm not saying he has to be perfect, but your highest payed linebacker needs to read a play quickly and make those tackles before a runner gets around the corner. 

I find this guy to be one of the most frustrating players to watch on our team, becasue he clearly has talent. I just think if we are going to win a Super Bowl again, he needs to play lights out. To me he doesn't and can't do that.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who here bashes Brady? Well yesterday rusty compared him to Tony Romo...does that count?

To me Mayo is a slightly above average player, who at times plays better than that and at times doesn't. I think his play on the outside leaves something to be desired, but when he plays inside he does fine. I think the outside requires him to make more decisions and cover more ground and honestly I think he struggles. I don't care that the guy is making tackles 8-12 yards down the field...I see him get blocked by a tight end consistently when the run goes outside. That should not happen. If you're a pro bowl linebacker you don't get engulfed by tight ends and have runners blow by you. I'm not saying he has to be perfect, but your highest payed linebacker needs to read a play quickly and make those tackles before a runner gets around the corner. 

I find this guy to be one of the most frustrating players to watch on our team, becasue he clearly has talent. I just think if we are going to win a Super Bowl again, he needs to play lights out. To me he doesn't and can't do that.

[/QUOTE]

As usual mthurl with an honest well thought out post and having the nads to post his opinion knowing the Rusty Crew is lurking, waiting to attack with their School yard potty mouths and Juvinal Internet name calling.

Much respect to you sir and TripleOG for not letting this pack of diaper dumpers control the board through there attempts at intimidation.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.