Mayo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Mayo

I just wanted to start a post because Jerod Mayo deserves some love here. This guy is playing great and should be in the discussion for defensive player of the year. He's a great athlete (able to contain Peterson across the field) and is a beast (that hit on Peterson at the goal line was terrific). I'm glad he's a Pat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Mayo

somehow he doesnt lead the league in tackles, hes tied with london fletcher with 72 and laron landry has the lead with 76.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is the man!  He had a rough year last year after his injury.  This year he has a crazy amount of tackles!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes!  Mayo has been tremendous all year--both against the run and in pass coverage.  He's not one of those ferocious intimidators like Ray Lewis, but the guy reads plays very well, gets to the point of attack quickly, and is a very sure tackler.  I just love the way he's playing.  

Spikes and Nink made some nice plays too . . . LBs are really starting to gel . . . but Mayo is leading the way and playing like a pro bowler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Mayo STOPPED Petersen on that 4th and goal,  the TD call was BS and the challenge should of overturned the call, the refs have to get that right, bad call there.

Our D, led by Mayo and McCourty, is bending but NOT BREAKING!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo:
    [QUOTE]somehow he doesnt lead the league in tackles, hes tied with london fletcher with 72 and laron landry has the lead with 76.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

That stats have been updated at NFL.com. Mayo now has 86 tackles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He also did a tremendous job in underneath coverage. He even matched up against Moss a couple times. 

The only time he looked bad was on one cross by Harvin, but that is such a mismatch it's OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I would disagree about him not being an intimidator. He's a force. He tackles people with authority and the ball carriers go down quick and hard. He doesn't talk as much as Ray, but he's slowly earning the street cred. 

That TD given to Peterson was total crap. Great play by Mayo and another bad call from the zebras.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

cool now he does lead the league!!! listen to these tackle totals by jerod the last 4 weeks. Week 4-16 Week 6-18 Week 7-11 Week 8-14. Seems we have a tackling machine on our hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Has anyone notice how much Guyton has been sucking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

He's making the leap to big time player this year.  Only a matter of time before the national press starts hyping him.  If he can stay healthy he is a star.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]cool now he does lead the league!!! listen to these tackle totals by jerod the last 4 weeks. Week 4-16 Week 6-18 Week 7-11 Week 8-14. Seems we have a tackling machine on our hands.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, as of last week's stats, Fletcher had played one more game than Mayo because of the Pats' bye. Mayo is having a monstrous season.  And yet, nobody outside of New England seems to notice.   That's one more good chip for the Pats' collective shoulder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Guyton seems slower this year. Maybe an injury? He was never good as a run stuffer, but I thought he would provide some Roman Phifer type coverage skills. I don't see why he's ahead of Dane Fletcher based on this years performance.

[QUOTE]Has anyone notice how much Guyton has been sucking?
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

He clearly stopped Peterson short of the goal line.  The refs did their best to hand this game to Favre ... and failed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

I havent been much of a Mayo fan since he was drafted and didnt expect much from him after last year with that being said I am glad to say Im wrong that guy is playing lights out  he is all over the place making tackles. If it wasnt for bs refs he stuffed Peterson on that 4th an 1 and should have had fumble rec

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]Mayo STOPPED Petersen on that 4th and goal,  the TD call was BS and the challenge should of overturned the call, the refs have to get that right, bad call there. Our D, led by Mayo and McCourty, is bending but NOT BREAKING!
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Mayo STOPPED Petersen on that 4th and goal,  the TD call was BS and the challenge should of overturned the call, the refs have to get that right, bad call there. Our D, led by Mayo and McCourty, is bending but NOT BREAKING!
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

According to reports, Roger Goodell called for a league wide meeting with referees this past week as a way to bolster morale and review some of the more controversial plays from previous weeks. From all appearances, the message hasn't sunk in. 
    I don't have the vision of a fighter pilot, but there is no way that carry by Peterson was a touchdown. It simply didn't cross the line.
    Why can't these referees get it right the first time - I've seen a number of errors league wide that weren't reversed even after review and there is no excuse for that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

#1 TACKLER IN THE NFL
    ENOUGH SAID

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think the Peterson TD run (that wasn't) was on second down, not fourth. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Only reason the Petersen run remained a TD was because there was a tiny possibility that that the call was right. It was too close to reverse. But lets put it this way - had it been called on the field as down before the line, there is definitely no chance in hell it would have been reversed in review to a TD either.

I think the refs handled it fairly. It was probably not a TD. Mayo made a GREAT play - his timing was perfect. It looked like Pertersen was hit by a bus. But sometimes thats just the way it goes.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I was worried about Mayo coming into this year, but he has really stepped up. The knock on him is that he was never a "playmaker". Tons of tackles, but nothing gamechanging. I see a different Mayo this year. He looks faster than last, and perhaps it's his recognition ability, or maybe he's 100% healthy. Whatever it is, the guys has been playing lights out.