Mayo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Mayo

I think he is over rated.Don't know if he has a  lingering knee problem or what but his tackling is 5-7 yards down the field and he can't cover.Had better rookie season  than this one.Reminds me of Teddy B.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Mayo

All I know is he gave up the Colts rushing TD in the 4th Q.   Haven't seen much out of him his whole career honestly. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

He looks fat honestly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 400master. Show 400master's posts

Just let his injury get behind him. He'll have plenty more years like he did last year. He will be great, like Bruschi.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Mayo needs his complementary ILB for him to really be effective.. Guyton is too similar to Mayo.. they have the same strengths. Once we have a beast to go along with his speed i believe he will be the playmaker of the 2.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I would rather he not stand there and let the guy walk into the endzone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This cannot be a serious thread.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"Actually I would have rather someone let Addai run into the endzone in the 4th so maybe we would have had a chance to win with a FG!"

Ideally BB or Pees (one of them) should of been aware of this and directed their Defence accordingly.

Unfortunately there was a complete coaching breakdown at the end of the game.  BB was probably suffering from post concussion syndrome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

In Response to Mayo:
    [QUOTE] I think he is over rated.Don't know if he has a  lingering knee problem or what but his tackling is 5-7 yards down the field and he can't cover.Had better rookie season  than this one.Reminds me of Teddy B.
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Mayo's ok, but he's no game changer or impact player.  On a good day, he sits there and tackles RBs who get past Wilfork 5-7 yards downfield.  That's about it.  Average.

Fans act like he's the next Ray Lewis or something.  I sure as hell don't see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

BB said he was one of the few players on the roster who couldn't be had for any amount of draft picks.  Obviously the fact that he's young and affordable factors into the equation, but when BB says you are untouchable trade wise, you gotta be a pretty damn good player.  Mayo has more talent than any ILB the pats have had in quite awhile, the great Tedy Bruschi included.  Will he produce like Tedy and make huge plays with the game on the line?  Remains to be seen (the guy's 23), but for people to call him average is plain false.  Rookies don't start all 16 games at ILB for a Belichick coached team unless they have some serious, serious ability.  Let's not forget that BB is at heart a LBs coach, it's his bread and butter, so clearly he thinks Mayo is/can be a dynamic player.  Like has been said, the Pats need to get a thumper to play next to him and take on blocks, let Mayo roam a bit and fly upfield. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wow, considering how badly Wilfork was manhandled that play, nlaming Mayo is silly. Two colts OL blew him so far back that Mayo was taken out of the play.

Of everyone on this defense, Wilfork is the most overrated player by a stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Mayo is a beast, and you obviously dont know much about football if you think otherwise.  probably the most skilled young linebacker that the patriots have ever had

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

You FANS are incredible, it looks like you just look for something each day to
    b i t c h and complain about it and let the dogs out...

Jerod is along with Vince Wilkford the most important defender on this team. He had his first sack last week.

You complain about him does not being a playmaker... well who is a PM on this Defense?

What´s next?  TB being a bust?, Let´s get ride of BB, or maybe Randy Moss is old?

I have always read about how Boston fans are soooooo "special" (not in a doog way) and now i see it.

C`mon !!! Lets write about more intelligent subjects

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

If the Pats couldnt get 2 yards when it counted to get another first down, there is no reason to believe they could have driven 50-60 yards to get a field goal. Hard to believe some people here are suggesting the Pats should have let the Colts walk into the endzone, just to get the ball back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

LOOK I ASK TEDY BRUSCHI ABOUT THIS !!! ON ESPN CHAT

Isaac Andreu (Los Cabos Mexico)How do you feel about Jerod Mayo, is he really the next great LB for the patriots, or just a good LB.?Tedy BruschiI think he has the potential to be great. He's done everything so far that a good LB does. The big plays is what's next in his progression as a player. The INT for a touchdown, a game-changing sack. He'll take that next step soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo:
    [QUOTE]Wow, considering how badly Wilfork was manhandled that play, nlaming Mayo is silly. Two colts OL blew him so far back that Mayo was taken out of the play. Of everyone on this defense, Wilfork is the most overrated player by a stretch.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Well Mayo was the closest Pat to him so I blame him.  But I agree, Wilfork is the most overrated, followed by Mayo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Adalius Thomas is the most overrated defensive player on this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Oh Vince is too, Mayo is probably the second most important player on defense behind McGowan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Mayo

Mayo is a pro! What is this thread about......YHTBFKM