MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

The patriots reliance on small recievers has caused their offense to sputter in the playoffs.  Mazz listed all the leading receivers in recent years.   All big and 1 year it was a tight end.  Last year it was Boldin.

This isn't rocket science.  There is less room to throw the ball in the playoffs .  The defenses are better AND the referees tend to let the grabbing go  to an extent.

THEREFORE you need bigger targets that will fight for the ball in the air.  AKA a guy like Quentin Sims who was on the practice squad for a while and has since disappeared(inexplicably)in favor of AUSTIN frickn COLLIE.

Anybody else feeling this...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The patriots reliance on small recievers has caused their offense to sputter in the playoffs.  Mazz listed all the leading receivers in recent years.   All big and 1 year it was a tight end.  Last year it was Boldin.

This isn't rocket science.  There is less room to throw the ball in the playoffs .  The defenses are better AND the referees tend to let the grabbing go  to an extent.

THEREFORE you need bigger targets that will fight for the ball in the air.  AKA a guy like Quentin Sims who was on the practice squad for a while and has since disappeared(inexplicably)in favor of AUSTIN frickn COLLIE.

[/QUOTE]

After the loss of Gronk and Hernandez everyone should feel it. Especially in the back of the end zone.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quentin Sims? Are you serious? As far as i know he is out of the league right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The only thing Mazz has ever nailed is his wife.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ok maybe that was a bit harsh, but it seems to me that he's coasted on his rep for years now and hasn't  brought a lot to the table these days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Well, does missing Gronk during playoffs fall into this category?  If so, then yes. From 2000-2004, did the Patriots have "big/tall" receivers? Ummm, no. So, I think there is a flaw in the argument.

In addition, playoff losses were also due to other factors; such as turnovers, inability to make defensive stops when needed, and the Coaches' inability to make adjustments quickly enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing Mazz has ever nailed is his wife.

[/QUOTE]

You know that? Binoculars or just guessing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

he's right. i've alwasy thought we've needed bigger, togher reciever who can out jump, and out duel the DB's we face.

Draft kelvin benjamin, and i think Brady will love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

[QUOTE]

Quentin Sims? Are you serious? As far as i know he is out of the league right now.

[/QUOTE]

Um...   he was signed to the practice squad...   so at that time he was next man up...  No one including you, knows exactly what happened to the guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Um...   he was signed to the practice squad...   so at that time he was next man up...  No one including you, knows exactly what happened to the guy.

[/QUOTE]

I do, he was signed to the practice squad on Sept. 2 after being cut from the active roster, and released from the PS eight days later.  He's been unemployed since then (at least football-wise).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do, he was signed to the practice squad on Sept. 2 after being cut from the active roster, and released from the PS eight days later.  He's been unemployed since then (at least football-wise).

[/QUOTE]

Smart move...lol.....   Only guy in history to catch 2 scuds from Tebow for TDs in the same game can't even make your practice squad...?    He got dumped because of relative depth and defensive injuries most likely.  Why he wasn't called back when Dobson,Thompkins , and Slater were out is the mystery.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he's right. i've alwasy thought we've needed bigger, togher reciever who can out jump, and out duel the DB's we face.

Draft kelvin benjamin, and i think Brady will love it.

[/QUOTE]

He'll be in the first round or high second. BB will not draft a WR where Benjamin gets picked.

Good thing there's no need to get fixated on Benjamin. So many tall, tough, play-making WRs in this class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No lack of size issues with Blount though......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think there is any doubt that bigger receivers are better to have in the redzone, the cold or in tight coverage (when they let things go more) in the post season. I think our lack of having that right now will hurt us, just like it has for the last two post seasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty has been telling us since March that Amendola was a taller receiver and was going to be a red zone threat.  SMH!!

Add this to the list of things Rusty has been wrong about.  That list is getting long.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mazz has lost it. He's given up his alpha dog status to Felger who runs him and runs the program. 

Mazz has not offered an important take in a very long time - and this "bigger receiver" whine was not one of them. As much as Mazz stunk as a columnist the requirements of working the beat helped him to have some sources. He's now a caricature. 

Watching him concede and agree with every one of Felger's points is sad, it's like watching a sackless man try to proceed with his life. 

Marc Bertrand is the guy on that show that takes issue with Felger and creates at least a semblance of a challenge to Felger's takes which are often ill conceived or exagerrated for effect. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bingo, we never would have won any of those super bowls without donald hayes and his 6'2 frame cheering on Troy, Patton, Branch and Givens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

But seriously I do like that we added Dobson, unfortunate that he has been injured. Our option route system seems to thrive on receivers who are lower to the ground and can gain separation.  Just going by what we've done for years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

I never said a red zone threat. I talked about widening the windows for brady to throw in with edelman and amendola proven perimeter wrs, even if not their strong suit.

it is harder to throw in the red zone because the windows get smaller for the qb.  If the x and z spots are a viable threat, that widens the windows.

no one believes your lies.  You also know nothing about this game either. Lol

Oh, BS!  You said Amendola was taller and more versatile receiver and that he would be a redzone threat. 

You want to put a little wager on this?  If I prove to you by reposting a quote from you showing that you said Amendola would be a redzone threat then you either leave the forum or never respond to another post of mine again.  Deal??

Everyone is getting tired of all your lies, deflecting and hot air around here.  You are a fraud and you know it!

Accept the bet?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You also know nothing about this game either. Lol

[/QUOTE]

I know nothing about the game?  Hahaha.  I continue to prove people wrong on here. 

For example...

Back in July I said on this forum that Manning would have a high powered passing attack and that Manning would break TFBs passing attempt numbers of 588 from 2012 season.  I said Manning would be in the 650 range.  Someone thought I didn't know what I was talking about, LMAO!!

Guess what.... Manning passing attempts this season.... 659.  Bam!  Nailed it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mazz is right. If Wes was just an inch taller!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/PlyIt4cqmZz56/giphy.gif