McCourty Stays Local

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: McCourty Stays Local

thanks rust

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Gotta love McCourty's team first attitude and the way in which he conducts himself.  He will be a Pat for a long time.

This remains to be seen and would be a break from the norm so lets hope so but other than Brady, I dont think anyone is garuanteed a contract after their rookie deal expires. You of all people should know how the pats do biz. E.Wilson made more of an impact here and he was kindly shown the door after his 4 seasons. I have a long list of  those guys....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Gotta love McCourty's team first attitude and the way in which he conducts himself.  He will be a Pat for a long time.

hey long as he continues to be better than Revis I would hold onto him too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great job Rusty

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This remains to be seen and would be a break from the norm so lets hope so but other than Brady, I dont think anyone is garuanteed a contract after their rookie deal expires. You of all people should know how the pats do biz. E.Wilson made more of an impact here and he was kindly shown the door after his 4 seasons. I have a long list of  those guys....

is this for real? Pats MO is to try and extend him a very one sided deal. If McCourty passes, it will come down to the wire, get heated, everyone will have hard feelings. 50/50 he resigns.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

He's got a great attitude. He's always been about the team first, changes position without a complaint. His attitude is the complete opposite of a locker room cancer like Revis.I too see him playing here for a long time. He's set to have a big year IMO .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

is this for real? Pats MO is to try and extend him a very one sided deal. If McCourty passes, it will come down to the wire, get heated, everyone will have hard feelings. 50/50 he resigns.

They extended Hern, Gronk, Mayo without any consternation or rancor.

yes they did, to deals that were very team friendly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Offensive players that can play with Brady dont come often so of course you sign 2 stud TEs like that but I was more referring to the Defense where rarely a player will make it to 2nd contract unless he is A.) A Bonafide star and important to team (Wilfork, Mayo) or a Team first guy who does a lot and plays for cheap (noone currently here like that)

So its a good point cuz I  cant find any in the latter but guys we signed from other teams like Nink.

So what does that tell you that we dont hardly EVER resign any of our Defenders after their rookie contracts???  That they werent that good to begin with?? So in the case of McCourty it will be the same. Either they will let him walk because he isnt that good, or he will price himself out the pats market with great play. There is no Ideal situation. BB doesnt Value WRs or CBs. Its the old feeling of the further you are from the trenches, the less important you are and I agree to a certain extent but when you have bad luck with DBs, you need to keep the ones that are good. So basically if you have high hopes for # 32, Enjoy these next 2 years cuz he is gone afterwards or if you think he is just gonna be decent, look for the Pats to try to lowball him with an offer similar to a safety while also having the ability to make him a CB. This is where negotiations can get ugly cuz his agent will push for CB money and sight his team first attitude as a Positive, but BB will be about business as usual and # 32 will be shown the door, IMO

Most our DBs dont even last 4 years let alone resigned...lol

BB in regards to WR, DBs. Draft well so can u can get production in the 1st 4(sometimes 5) years because they are gone after that, u look to draft again and start over. Its the Patriots Way. This is why they were one of the only teams that used to really push for that 5th year and why Watson held out. Agents want there Clients to cash in year 5 and BB wants to fleece them another year because he has no intentions of resigning them, unless they pull a Bruschi and negotiate a cheap contract without an agent. I guess you all know that DMC doesnt like money right?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

He's got a great attitude. He's always been about the team first, changes position without a complaint. His attitude is the complete opposite of a locker room cancer like Revis.I too see him playing here for a long time. He's set to have a big year IMO .

love the attitude. i thkn he could be upgraded and it woudl help the team. hes not a god outside corner. he is ok at safety. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Offensive players that can play with Brady dont come often so of course you sign 2 stud TEs like that but I was more referring to the Defense where rarely a player will make it to 2nd contract unless he is A.) A Bonafide star and important to team (Wilfork, Mayo) or a Team first guy who does a lot and plays for cheap (noone currently here like that)

So its a good point cuz I  cant find any in the latter but guys we signed from other teams like Nink.

So what does that tell you that we dont hardly EVER resign any of our Defenders after their rookie contracts???  That they werent that good to begin with?? So in the case of McCourty it will be the same. Either they will let him walk because he isnt that good, or he will price himself out the pats market with great play. There is no Ideal situation. BB doesnt Value WRs or CBs. Its the old feeling of the further you are from the trenches, the less important you are and I agree to a certain extent but when you have bad luck with DBs, you need to keep the ones that are good. So basically if you have high hopes for # 32, Enjoy these next 2 years cuz he is gone afterwards or if you think he is just gonna be decent, look for the Pats to try to lowball him with an offer similar to a safety while also having the ability to make him a CB. This is where negotiations can get ugly cuz his agent will push for CB money and sight his team first attitude as a Positive, but BB will be about business as usual and # 32 will be shown the door, IMO

BB in regards to WR, DBs. Draft well so can u can get production in the 1st 4(sometimes 5) years because they are gone after that, u look to draft again and start over. Its the Patriots Way. This is why they were one of the only teams that used to really push for that 5th year and why Watson held out. Agents want there Clients to cash in year 5 and BB wants to fleece them another year because he has no intentions of resigning them, unless they pull a Bruschi and negotiate a cheap contract without an agent. I guess you all know that DMC doesnt like money right?

love the attitude. i thkn he could be upgraded and it woudl help the team. hes not a god outside corner. he is ok at safety. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

What's your point?

Do you think that the possbile reasoning for them signing "team friendly" deals is because these players know what they have here, appreciate the ownership, coaching, stability, fanbase, and that this is the best possible situation for them?  

Franchise-type players take slight "discounts" salary wise to accrue better benefits such as winning, stability, overall fit, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Bred, he wasn't just "ok" at safety.  He was rated among the top safeties in the NFL in terms of opposing QBR when throwing in his direction.  However, I don't think there's a question of which position is the better fit.  McCourty's football smarts, field awareness, and ball-hawking skills fit better with the safety mold than they do with CB.  My 2 cents.

Per Pro Football Focus, in the games Devin McCourty played mainly at safety, quarterbacks had a 10.1 quarterback rating when throwing his way, which was the lowest for all safeties. In games where he played at cornerback, quarterbacks had a 78.2 rating when throwing McCourty's way.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

He had one of the, if not the best rookie year by any CB in NFL history and was ALL PRO.

Not just going to a Pro Bowl, but ALL PRO.   I don't know too many rookies who make All Pro teams.

The back end was a mess in 2011 and he also played hurt (separated shoulder) so don't come in here and say "he isn't good at CB".

That's right and he led or was top 3 in the league in picks as a rookie. You don't play like that by being lucky lol, especially as a rookie. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd take him over Revis on my team any day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Bred, he wasn't just "ok" at safety.  He was rated among the top safeties in the NFL in terms of opposing QBR when throwing in his direction.  However, I don't think there's a question of which position is the better fit.  McCourty's football smarts, field awareness, and ball-hawking skills fit better with the safety mold than they do with CB.  My 2 cents.

Per Pro Football Focus, in the games Devin McCourty played mainly at safety, quarterbacks had a 10.1 quarterback rating when throwing his way, which was the lowest for all safeties. In games where he played at cornerback, quarterbacks had a 78.2 rating when throwing McCourty's way.

nice stas irish. gld yorue not denying he sucks as cb going b ackward. i dotn think hes an elite safety at this point regrdless what stats say. that stat relates what the whole defense did. with my  eyes hes not elite, and maybe not very good (last year). just adequate we'll see if what his second year at s does.

my feeling is id ratgher bring in an elite rookie than pay him big bucks,. if we didnt hav eso many needs we could havfe got that safety this year. deep safety draft. rambo even likely avail in 3rd. but safety not a top 3 need as badly as de pass rusher, wr, wr and cb imo.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Didn't you say that about Meriweather and Butler?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well...3 key players signed 3 team friendly and player friendly deals. It takes 2 to sign btw. It's not slave labor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Apples and oranges, McCourty is from Upstate NY. That's only a couple of hours away from Mass. He can stay in NE because he has no wife or kid to take care, he has no reason to go back home. Even if he had a reason, McCourty is a driving distance away. 

Revis lives in Arizona, with his wife and kid. So, like Brady, he chooses to rehab at his home state. Brady wasn't in Foxborough during his knee injury either.