McCourty the safety.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

McCourty the safety.

Well, the season is winding down and McCourty has a good body of work as safety under his belt.

I think he has been better than he was at CB, but overall has only been so-so.

What's the verdict jurors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: McCourty the safety.

havent seen him do much the last few weeks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Well, the season is winding down and McCourty has a good body of work as safety under his belt.

I think he has been better than he was at CB, but overall has only been so-so.

What's the verdict jurors?

has VERY good instincts when getting to play a ball-hawk in the zone but to me once forced to cover big TE's he struggles. the man coverage gets to him (as it did when he was a CB). overal he isnt always forced to play man up on a TE so he's been good to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Pro-Bowl caliber season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

average to good, not a risk taker, seldom out of position, needs to be a bigger hitter in the run

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Decent with some great games. Above average overall IMO. 

That interception flip while going OOB was sick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

McCourty is leading the NFL in number of times a RB has dragged him past the first down marker. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

DMC is not a problem at all.

Lately I've seen him caught a little out of position, but I attribute that to him taking a step toward the line in run support.

With Wilfork and Mayo out he's the most indispensable guy on Defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DMC is not a problem at all.

Lately I've seen him caught a little out of position, but I attribute that to him taking a step toward the line in run support.

With Wilfork and Mayo out he's the most indispensable guy on Defense.

[/QUOTE]

no that would be Talib... imo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

There's a lot of homer love for the guy but I see him as nothing more then a mistake prone, average at best, player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah. Mccourty sux.

So does Mayo.

Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah. Mccourty sux.

So does Mayo.

Yell

[/QUOTE]

thats a joke

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pats defense is 32nd against the run, there are only 32 teams....

.. they are 8th best against the pass, McCourty is a huge reason why.  Dumb premise, Pro Bowl caliber player, ungrateful, clueless, entitled fans... sorry but that's me being nice.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats defense is 32nd against the run, there are only 32 teams....

.. they are 8th best against the pass, McCourty is a huge reason why.  Dumb premise, Pro Bowl caliber player, ungrateful, clueless, entitled fans... sorry but that's me being nice.

[/QUOTE]

They weren't 32nd agains the run today. lmao

Have defensive rankings ever meant less in the offensive Goodell era before? Meaningless. 
    "31st" ranked pass D went to the SB in 2011 and allowed 13 points until Brady choked in the 4th.

Proof positive defensive rankings don't tell the whole story.

[/QUOTE]

Forever the board idiot.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Have defensive rankings ever meant less in the offensive Goodell era before? Meaningless. 
    "31st" ranked pass D went to the SB in 2011 and allowed 13 points until Brady choked in the 4th.

[/QUOTE]

Seaver Siliga changed the entire face of the defense today, today not prior to today, (especially) Vellano and Chris Jones are the reason BB brought him to the team and brought him up from the practice squad.  Your boy Soapoga was on the bench all game today...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Besides the TD he gave up where Talib took him out the play, what was his failings this game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seaver Siliga changed the entire face of the defense today, today not prior to today, (especially) Vellano and Chris Jones are the reason BB brought him to the team and brought him up from the practice squad.  Your boy Soapoga was on the bench all game today...

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea who Seaver Siliga even was before he came here. Nor did I. Sopoaga was not on the bench at all. In fact, he was paired with Siliga late.

Fact of the matter is, the combos BB used today did a nice job agains the run which is what I said would happen if they used more 4-3 instead of 3-4.

You just don't want to learn.  No one is replacing Vince as a 3-4 NT and we have no experienced 3-4 DEs, which is the real factor.

BB is still fiddling with these combos as he scrambles to figure out what he can and can't do. 

It's not about a name on the jersey.  You were also pretending to know more than BB by clamoring for AJ Francis, whom you've also never seen play live before at this level. lol

[/QUOTE]

Let's see, The mighty Pats D had gaping holes againts the Broncos allowing 6 yards a run and a 220 yard RB as a "Scheme" to stop Peyton.  Now you're claiming that the plan was to allow the mighty Jason Campbell run amuck with 400 yards in the air and 3 TDs/0 Ints, so that the run D could have a great day giving up 4.3 yards a run.  

You're an idiot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

You have no idea who Seaver Siliga even was before he came here. Nor did I. Sopoaga was not on the bench at all. In fact, he was paired with Siliga late.

Fact of the matter is, the combos BB used today did a nice job agains the run which is what I said would happen if they used more 4-3 instead of 3-4.

You just don't want to learn.  No one is replacing Vince as a 3-4 NT and we have no experienced 3-4 DEs, which is the real factor.

BB is still fiddling with these combos as he scrambles to figure out what he can and can't do. 

It's not about a name on the jersey.  You were also pretending to know more than BB by clamoring for AJ Francis, whom you've also never seen play live before at this level. lol

[/QUOTE]

Siliga and AJ Francis were the guys I was asking BB to bring up the from the practice squad when YOU were telling us that the worst run defense was OK and Vellano was a great player.  I can go back and pull up the thread if you like.  

You are a running joke on this site so I suspect any regular poster here doesn't really care what you have to say.  I've been asking for these practice squad players since Kelly went down... you are more sad than trolls around here because at least the trolls know they are FOS.  You think you have a point... joker.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

[/QUOTE]

Looked like that to me as well.

25. This post has been removed.