McDaniels killed our Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

McDaniels killed our Offense

Is it just me or did our offense take a nose dive when Josh McDaniels came back?  Not counting the Denver game because he was still unpacking, we scored 23 against BAL and 17 against the Giants.  17 was the lowest point total all season.  Pretty bad for a team that was averaging over 30 points all season.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: McDaniels killed our Offense

In Response to McDaniels killed our Offense:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or did our offense take a nose dive when Josh McDaniels came back?  Not counting the Denver game because he was still unpacking, we scored 23 against BAL and 17 against the Giants.  17 was the lowest point total all season.  Pretty bad for a team that was averaging over 30 points all season.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

No. McDaniel isn't the offensive coordinator this season. It is BILL O'BRIEN.

He killed the offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels killed our Offense:
    [QUOTE]In Response to McDaniels killed our Offense : No. McDaniel isn't the offensive coordinator this season. It is BILL O'BRIEN. He killed the offense.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]
    But we all know Bill was distracted getting ready to go to Penn State and McDaniels was behind the scenes, "advising."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Nope, we just played better D's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Nope, we just played better D's
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

which team has the biggest spread between avg score against good d vs avg score against bad d?

or avg score in reg season vs post season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ravens have a tough D. We had an incapacitated Gronk against the Giants. In light of these facts the scoring is understandable.

While we had a high powered O, the bleh RBs we have and the not even average 2nd WR spot were significant flaws.

If Gronk doesn't get hurt we are world champions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think it has more to do with the opponents that we played.

With O'Brien

20 points against the Gmen in Week 9
    17 points against Pittsburgh in Week 8

The offense strugged against teams that could get to Brady

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I think it has more to do with the opponents that we played. With O'Brien 20 points against the Gmen in Week 9 17 points against Pittsburgh in Week 8 The offense strugged against teams that could get to Brady
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

shouldn't the team be learning how to overcome this already? what's the point of a good offense if it's not resilient enough against a good d?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I do not think McDaniels killed our offense when he came back this year. I think he is the one original responsible from this going from a ball control team who ate up yards and clock and won Super Bowl titles, to a fast-paced, high scoring one that does not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

THERE YOU GO + brady threw 3 bad ints

[QUOTE]Nope, we just played better D's
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels killed our Offense : shouldn't the team be learning how to overcome this already? what's the point of a good offense if it's not resilient enough against a good d?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Well I think that's why people are calling for a deep threat...and who knows how good this offense really was...We played a lot of weak defenses this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

They did not play weak D's
    1 pits
    3 balt
    5 jets x2
    8 philly
    11 kc
    13 wash
    14 dal
    15 miami x2
    only colts, buff and den were on the bottom half.  Oh and the Jints.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I thought the game calling was pretty vanilla in the SB.  I didn't see really anything creative other than one reverse.  Where the Giant's D that much better?  Heck they were 27th.  Not having a healthy Gronk really hurt but no debt threat and no reliable possession receiver.  Just Welker in the slot getting his 5 yards with a little Woody.  Hernandez has a nice game until the drop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]I do not think McDaniels killed our offense when he came back this year. I think he is the one original responsible from this going from a ball control team who ate up yards and clock and won Super Bowl titles, to a fast-paced, high scoring one that does not.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

This makes a lot of sense. Charlie is missed! And, it seems to me that Tom Brady -although great numbers- he and the team has never been the same since Charlie.

Have a good night...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Is it just me or did our offense take a nose dive when Josh McDaniels came back?  Not counting the Denver game because he was still unpacking, we scored 23 against BAL and 17 against the Giants.  17 was the lowest point total all season.  Pretty bad for a team that was averaging over 30 points all season.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

And you don't feel that playing the defenses of the Ravens and the Giants had anything to do with that, do you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]Nothing new 17 sb 07, 14 08 balt, 11 REALLY JETS 11,(prevent last 2 mins) been nose diving for years in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A number of factors underly the poor point production in the SB:
    1. Giants were playing sound defense
    2. Gronk, the second most important individual on O, was hurt to the point of not being effective either run blocking or pass catching
    3. Brady was hot and cold - again. He missed an open Gronk for a TD and minutes later missed a wide open Wes Welker at the Giants 20 with 4 minutes to go. Points on the board for either play were left on the field by bad Brady throws.
    4. Second half softening of pass protection. Not total break down but not as solid as it should have been in the second half of a SuperBowl
    5. They did not (maybe in part because of Gronk's injury) develop a dominance on the ground. COnsidering they had Solder and Vollmer and Canon to bring on to the field I wonder whether it could have been better.
    6. Again possibly because of Gronk's injury they did not run nearly as much no huddle offense as I expected. This not to hurry the pace as much as to keep the personnel package of the Giants on the field so they could take advantages of mismatches.

Simply: The Pats did not rise to the occasion. They played well but did not elivate their game. Gronk's injury was a part of that but not the whole story. Even Brady, though special on two drives, was pedestrian for long stretches of the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]Ravens have a tough D. We had an incapacitated Gronk against the Giants. In light of these facts the scoring is understandable. While we had a high powered O, the bleh RBs we have and the not even average 2nd WR spot were significant flaws. If Gronk doesn't get hurt we are world champions.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Our Blah running backs out performed the giants RB's

Please explain how our RB who had a higher AVG YPC cost us the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

McDaniels had nothing to do w/ it. NY made plays in crunch time the Pats did not.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BB dumped Moss because he was being an @sshole about his contract.  You have never presented any evidence that it had anything to do with "reining in Brady".  I know you want to blame Brady and O'Brien for the playcalling, but the Pats are not a smash mouth team on O because BB has made that decision.  According to you the O has been a problem for 6 years with 2 different OC's.  Even if BB wasn't a control freak (and there is a lot of evidence that he is) it is obvious that this was his decision.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

we need some better coaching next year. wish we could get crennel back but not happening. we need some big guys who can play and run and even a few better receivers. welker though he got a lot of yards this year, also dropped more balls than he has and ocho has got to go. a worthless player who contributes nothing. pay someone else like a defensive player. there is no reason we should have lost this sb. this is embarassing and humiliating as a fan. I am sick of getting laughed at by people for backing the pats who can't get it done and while I like Tom I am getting real tired of the bad throws and ints.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Win with them ....lose with them........foolish post with no merit

25. This post has been removed.