McDaniels Should Have Stepped In

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: McDaniels Should Have Stepped In

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Bruschi agreed with me. Said that in 2001, Tom was the Dobson and the team rallied around him till he was ready to be the player he is. Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins have talent, instead of yelling at them like a brat, coach them up. Give them Randy's number, help them.

Yeah, they rallied around him as he lead the team to the Superbowl.   There is a big difference between a young QB and a rookie wideout.  I'm not going to waste my time explaining it.  If you can't see the difference, it's okay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really have no problem with Tom's yelling/demeanor...it's football, this is a competitive game, Brady is a fierce competitior, he hates to lose. This is nothing new, he has admited he is a very sore loser and is very competitive - this is what scouts search the globe for, now a few people think it's bad? Why, because you saw it and it would never happen at your work place? Of course it wouldn't happen from your manager or fellow employee...you don't work in the NFL...it's different.

I think he'll tone it down a little, but the whole thing is frustrating to him...to his personality. Hey, the receivers can yell back, it's not like he's God...Christ! Thompkins looks like he would slice a guy for a wrong glance...anyone notice him getting into it with guys after he catches the ball? Or the look on his face when he takes off his helmet? You don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling looking at this guy's face. When Branch or Lloyd took off their helmets, they were smiling - this guy looks like he would cut Tony Montana. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzinhornet. Show buzzinhornet's posts

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Chad O'Shea?   He is the Patriot's Wide Reciever coach.

Brady and McDaniels aren't paid to train those rookies wide outs.  The guy who is actually responsible for coaching Boyce, Tompkins and Dobson is Chad O'Shea.

That's the guy that needs to step up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bruschi agreed with me. Said that in 2001, Tom was the Dobson and the team rallied around him till he was ready to be the player he is. Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins have talent, instead of yelling at them like a brat, coach them up. Give them Randy's number, help them.

Yeah, they rallied around him as he lead the team to the Superbowl.   There is a big difference between a young QB and a rookie wideout.  I'm not going to waste my time explaining it.  If you can't see the difference, it's okay.

[/QUOTE]

Tom will need these rookies if he wants to win the SB, he won't win go far with Edelman and Amendola as his starting WRs. Slot WRs won't win it for you, we had the most productive slot WR ever for 6 years and we won nothing. We're going to need Dobson if you like him or not, instead of yelling at him and attacking his confidence, help him. 

Can you imagine how bad it would have been for Brady if everytime he failed to make a play in 2001, Troy Brown got in his face and yelled at him? I'm not saying  Tom shouldn't be angry when they mess up, just tell them what you want done while being angry. Don't throw temper tantrums. Tom is the oldest guy on the team, he's a legend, his words and actions hold a lot of value to their psyche/confidence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I really have no problem with Tom's yelling/demeanor...it's football, this is a competitive game, Brady is a fierce competitior, he hates to lose. This is nothing new, he has admited he is a very sore loser and is very competitive - this is what scouts search the globe for, now a few people think it's bad? Why, because you saw it and it would never happen at your work place? Of course it wouldn't happen from your manager or fellow employee...you don't work in the NFL...it's different.

I think he'll tone it down a little, but the whole thing is frustrating to him...to his personality. Hey, the receivers can yell back, it's not like he's God...Christ! Thompkins looks like he would slice a guy for a wrong glance...anyone notice him getting into it with guys after he catches the ball? Or the look on his face when he takes off his helmet? You don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling looking at this guy's face. When Branch or Lloyd took off their helmets, they were smiling - this guy looks like he would cut Tony Montana. 

No rookie will yell at Tom Brady, least of all not Thompkins who is an UDRFA. Tom Brady is a legend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tom will need these rookies if he wants to win the SB, he won't win go far with Edelman and Amendola as his starting WRs. Slot WRs won't win it for you, we had the most productive slot WR ever for 6 years and we won nothing. We're going to need Dobson if you like him or not, instead of yelling at him and attacking his confidence, help him. 

Can you imagine how bad it would have been for Brady if everytime he failed to make a play in 2001, Troy Brown got in his face and yelled at him? I'm not saying  Tom shouldn't be angry when they mess up, just tell them what you want done while being angry. Don't throw temper tantrums. Tom is the oldest guy on the team, he's a legend, his words and actions hold a lot of value to their psyche/confidence.

You say this as if wide receivers and quarterbacks are the same.  They are not.  The entire premise is flawed.

Veteran yells at rookie receiver for running a wrong route and veteran wide receiver yells at a rookie QB for a bad throw.  Very, very different.