McDaniel's Spread is Back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

McDaniel's Spread is Back!

Good to see they broke out the full press spread.  Looks like they saw something in the Rams' defense that made them vulnerable to this. 

It was interesting because they definitely incorporated Gronk like a full time WR and it worked. Plus, six catches from the 3rd down backs, and iirc, 4 of them were when lined up at WR kicked out.

It almost looked liked 2007 out there.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: McDaniel's Spread is Back!

Brady was as accurate as I've seen him yesterday and that says something. Ridley was able to get some big runs to the right side and a few right up the middle - good game - and without Hernandez.

What is a Ram's team (or any) to do when Brady is that hot?

I think we are seeing that the offense will change week to week, like it usually does. The line is doing their part...Solder is a great talent and Ridley had some huge blocks as well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Seems like there's an angry Jets boy trolling today. I guess he needs to get his whining in before the power goes out.

43 years soon to be 44

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

On paper, the Rams' pass rush was supposed to be pretty good. They really didn't get to Brady; which explains his solid performance. 

Defensively, the Patriots did well on 3rd down - and the Rams got into the red zone just once against a team ranked 19ish on offense.

Outcome? Patriots beat a team they're supposed to beat.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, let's act like the quality of a Rams D is what we'll see in January and hopefully February. lol

Does this kind of an obvious offensive output against a team that has a weak back end like that surprise you that much?  We can look at the schedule and see where that will work and where it won't.

That won't work against good or great Ds.  It's fine to use it when it works, but to keep trying it over 3 qtrs and seeing stalled drives is the problem.

Brady had 35 passes, Ridley was the lead back, but that shotgun spread usage won't work against Houston or SF.

Expecting that level of execution against better Ds is assinine. 
    You can always tell who the older diehard fans are v.s. the newer ones who are only impressed with games like this. This isn't a video game.

[/QUOTE]

I think what you need to do is picture this...picture zbelinno holding up his pinky finger - now focus on the the smallest thousandth of an inch of that finger (hair thin)...thisis where your football intellect starts and ends going against him. Right there on that little itsy bitsy, barely there spot...that's you on a good day:)

Hey, do you still think we should of traded Brady after that second interception of the season for draft picks? Still think the reason why Ocho failed here was because of Brady? 

Yes we all know defenses are better in the playoffs and offenses should struggle - in fact we all told you that would happen. Yet you still blamed Brady for our post season failures - you totally ignored the fact that our defense was nowhere near the level that it needed to be. You are clueless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, let's act like the quality of a Rams D is what we'll see in January and hopefully February. lol

Does this kind of an obvious offensive output against a team that has a weak back end like that surprise you that much?  We can look at the schedule and see where that will work and where it won't.

That won't work against good or great Ds.  It's fine to use it when it works, but to keep trying it over 3 qtrs and seeing stalled drives is the problem.

Brady had 35 passes, Ridley was the lead back, but that shotgun spread usage won't work against Houston or SF.

Expecting that level of execution against better Ds is assinine. 
    You can always tell who the older diehard fans are v.s. the newer ones who are only impressed with games like this. This isn't a video game.

[/QUOTE]

I think what you need to do is picture this...picture zbelinno holding up his pinky finger - now focus on the the smallest thousandth of an inch of that finger (hair thin)...thisis where your football intellect starts and ends going against him. Right there on that little itsy bitsy, barely there spot...that's you on a good day:)

Hey, do you still think we should of traded Brady after that second interception of the season for draft picks? Still think the reason why Ocho failed here was because of Brady? 

Yes we all know defenses are better in the playoffs and offenses should struggle - in fact we all told you that would happen. Yet you still blamed Brady for our post season failures - you totally ignored the fact that our defense was nowhere near the level that it needed to be. You are clueless.

[/QUOTE]

Hadn't this been well documented? The reason Ocho failed here was because he was too dumb to learn the playbook.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Rex my child you're always good for a laugh. It must be tough to have your only football enjoyment relying on another team failing. I guess that what happens when your biggest accomplishments in 43 years are losing 2 Conference Championship games.

I guess the addition of the mighty Tim Tebow isn't working out for you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like there's an angry Jets boy trolling today. I guess he needs to get his whining in before the power goes out.

43 years soon to be 44

[/QUOTE]

Ooh, look who else had found his big boisterous voice this week.  Did that overseas win against the big bad Rams really solidify your uncertainty in the quality of the 2012 Patriots?   Things sure do go better whne they play defenses that are not very good.     

[/QUOTE]

How did that azz kicking to the big bad Dolphins feel? NOT TOO GOOD...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Great game plan against a team that was supposed to be strong in the secondary but cannot get to the passer. Mixed in the run well, and as Z said it is nice to throw the ball to the RB's. I'd like to see Ridley get involved with a few receptions out of the back field, but we didn't need it today as Brady was throwing lasers to guys beating coverage. Gronk exploited the Rams lack of coverage LB'ers and Lloyd abused Janoris Jenkins. Defense played very well against a capable passer. Good win going into the bye.

Brady is still the best QB in football.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The spread worked well yesterday, but then again so did the run, the play action, and what ever else the Pats decided to use. The Pats had their way with the Rams yesterday and I don't think you can associate it with any one aspect of the O, well other then that they were not predictable

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.