McDaniels to Arkansas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: McDaniels to Arkansas?

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Unlike the Patsies who couldn't win a playoff game for three years and then lucked their way to getting embarrassed by a 9-7 team?  Is that how rebuilding is done? Look at the cap situation?  What is that some kind of echo from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011?  Yeah, having to sign the best CB in football is an awful situation to be in.  Could be worse, we could be paying 10 million in 2012 for guys who haven't played since 2010.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Why do you have so much jealousy for the Patriots? I understand it is hard following a loser of a franchise....I assume coming here brings you some distorted happiness in your otherwise angry life as a Jets fan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

hahahaha JETMANGIONE you're getting destroyed with facts, but yet you keep coming back with garbage.  I can at least admire your never give up attitude, but enough is enough. hahahaha getting smoked bro hahaaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : I used to be terribly jealous of the patsies... back in '04.  God, that seems like so long ago.

The last time a Pats fan was jealous of the Jest was 1969.  That doesn't seem so long ago, it WAS so long ago.
    Pats fans DO love sandpants though!  Love him!
    SWEEP!
    Pats fans also love Timbo!
    Double SWEEP!!!
    Wow!  When's the last time a team swept a teams 2 QB's in a year. 2011
    Has to be one for the record books!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : The truth is, they decided, in a shortened preseason, with 3/4 new WRs that they were going to score some points and focus on the passing game.  It was a bad idea.  If you were willing to look at actual facts and stats of real games, you'd see that early in the season and early in most games, wins and losses, regardless of the score, they threw the ball far more often than in the previous two years.  Understandably, failing to adequately replace a retired probowler on their line combined with losing their all world center for a few games contributed to that.   However, their overall play calling was atrocious all year.
    I see...so we're saying the same thing. You're saying they decided to pass more to score more points. I'm saying they want to run but it wasn't working. Presumably if they thought the run would score more points they wouldn't have decided to do less of it.

You're saying it turned out to be a bad idea. Me too. Thus my point that they're not very good at anything and therefore have no real identity.

Why would I waste time with stats from Jets games...I don't cheer for the Jets. That would be like wasting my time on another team's discussion board....

Anyway, what difference do the stats make? You've made my point for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : The truth is, they decided, in a shortened preseason, with 3/4 new WRs that they were going to score some points and focus on the passing game.  It was a bad idea.  If you were willing to look at actual facts and stats of real games, you'd see that early in the season and early in most games, wins and losses, regardless of the score, they threw the ball far more often than in the previous two years.  Understandably, failing to adequately replace a retired probowler on their line combined with losing their all world center for a few games contributed to that.   However, their overall play calling was atrocious all year.
    Why don't you post the actual facts and stats of real games if you want to
    make a point.

Overall play calling was atrocious last year, wait until you add in the wildcat and
    Tebow.  Its going to get worse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : So, running the ball more often won't benefit the offense?  You're an idiot.

Not when your running with your 2nd string QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : I understand that you're just picking up the game, but their are a few things that generally go together.  In general, running the ball often, assuming it's effective, gives you fewer points with a better TOP. In general, passing the ball more often gives more points and a smaller TOP. It worked.  They scored more points per game.  What didn't work was at crucial points in 4 or 5 games Sanchez turned the ball over.  Primarily it was through fumbles, although a few picks, too.  So, the trade off was a huge jump in red zone production from the previous year, more points scored and a fairly frequent short field for opposing offenses. Incidentally, I don't think you had a point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : I understand that you're just picking up the game, but their are a few things that generally go together.  In general, running the ball often, assuming it's effective, gives you fewer points with a better TOP. In general, passing the ball more often gives more points and a smaller TOP. It worked.  They scored more points per game.  What didn't work was at crucial points in 4 or 5 games Sanchez turned the ball over.  Primarily it was through fumbles, although a few picks, too.  So, the trade off was a huge jump in red zone production from the previous year, more points scored and a fairly frequent short field for opposing offenses. Incidentally, I don't think you had a point.
    So first it was a bad idea according to you and now you say it worked. Okay.

How did it work exactly if passing more led to turnovers by Sanchez that cost them games? Don't they want to win?

My point was they have no identity as either a run first team or pass first team because they're not very good at either. But you knew that since they missed the playoffs and because you said the same thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Another genius that thinks a team that passes 56% of the time is a run first team?  Just another example of patsie fan ignorance.  I think the problem here is that you listen to ESPN and the like instead of actually looking at the facts.  Just because a team wants to be a run first team, but then drops back about 140 more times than they hand off, you seem to think that makes them a run first team. Do you have any clue just how completely idiotic that is?

Dude, where did I say that the jets pass on a 56% clip? I was talking about Sanchise COMPLETION PERCENTAGE, just because he completes a 56-57% of his passes doesn't mean that the team passes on a 56% clip. You need to remember that the jets may have more pass attempts than run attempts because they were not ahead in most of their games that alone doesn't make them a pass first team. The JETS were similar to the 49ers with the only difference that the 49ers actually had an effective run attack, but I think Alex smith is a better QB than your Sanchise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : I used to be terribly jealous of the patsies... back in '04.  God, that seems like so long ago.

It is obvious you are jealous of the Patriots franchise....You have a lot of hate and contempt built up inside of you.....I feel sorry that you....You need to find a better way to let your emotions out like...Therapy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Ah yes, the all important identity.  I think you watch a little too much ESPN.  What was the Jets identity in 2010 when they had a nearly 50/50 split of run/pass? And yes, it did work, they improved the offense and scored more points.  You don't count on a QB fumbling more times per 'attempt' and to compound things at very bad points and places in games, just as one would not expect a QB like Sanchez with a career rating of 75 or so suddenly put up ratings of 90 or 100 in the playoffs against better competition.... and yet it happened 5 or 6 times in two years.
    When Sanchez is your starter, you should count on more fumbles per attempt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Jetmangina....the FIRST person I've ever put on 'ignore'.

Congratulations!

Save your response, I won't see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I just read that Pete Carroll was the top choice for the Arkansas job. Carroll declined...and recommended Steve Mariucchi: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/18/report-arkansas-reached-out-to-pete-carroll/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yea, I really doubt McDaniels would even have a chance if they were looking at Carroll and with Mariucchi being interested.  Josh isn't ready yet, wont be for several years, the Bronco fiasco proved that.  Josh needs to pay his dues a bit longer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Looks like The jets troll was finished off with a Banality