McDaniels to Cleveland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

McDaniels to Cleveland?

I can see this one happening.  If the job is offered he has to take it.  NFL HC jobs don't grow on trees.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: McDaniels to Cleveland?

I liked the part that he would want to trade for Mallett to bring him to Cleveland to be the franchise QB. Hopefully we can get a # 1 for him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked the part that he would want to trade for Mallett to bring him to Cleveland to be the franchise QB. Hopefully we can get a # 1 for him?

[/QUOTE]

The QB Cleveland has is better than Mallet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The QB Cleveland has is better than Mallet

[/QUOTE]

Really? How do you know from the body of work Mallet has? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get off the koolaid dude, until proven otherwise Mallet is adequate.

If available BB needs to go after the Ks. St QB, and trade Mallet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I not drinking the koolaid. Just asked you how you know about mallet? I happen to think he may be pretty good if he can learn some touch. He may be the next Jeff George in regards to strong arm and no tough. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I not drinking the koolaid. Just asked you how you know about mallet? I happen to think he may be pretty good if he can learn some touch. He may be the next Jeff George in regards to strong arm and no tough. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling about him. I guess I'm spoiled with TB, but even sometimes he proves he's human.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling about him. I guess I'm spoiled with TB, but even sometimes he proves he's human.

[/QUOTE]

It will tough to replace TB. Indy tanked for a great one. We will have get lucky again. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

This drives me crazy. Year after year it happens.

A team like Cleveland is out of the playoffs and in dire need of some W's. 

So, apparently it's OK to talk about a coach on another team that they desire. This has GOT to have an effect on that coach as his team is headed into the playoffs and he's trying to prepare for it. 

I ask this every year: shouldn't there be NO TALK until the season ends? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you watch college football, but the K. State QB is touted as the next Tebow. Maybe slightly more accurate. He's going to be a late round pick though. Unless McDaniels is HC of the Browns, then he'll be a first

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Kansaspatriot the QB Cleveland has is Brandon Weeden (the 29 yo rookie) and based on this year I dont think he is anything special. I would think Josh McDaniels knows Malletts talents (or lack thereof) better than any of us here. The article states if McD went to Cleveland Weeden would be out and he would try to trade for Mallett. Question is what is Mallet worth? Remeber McD **apparently** was ready to offer a 1st and 3rd for Cassell a couple years ago, but BB already had the deal in place with KC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Please tell me McDaniels is not leaving!!!  Why a cleveland fan would want another Belichick protege  (Ratgenie, Romero ) is beyond me. But Lombardi on the NFL network speculated that Smith is out at the Bears and will be replaced by someone from the Belichick coaching tree. I'm wondering about O'Brian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I thnik there should be contracts that work similarly to the players where the contract goes for 1 to up to say 4 years. The two parties agree at the beginning as to length. Otherwise you get these changes happening too quickly.

I understand if he wants to be a head coach again. But I think he should stay for at least two years. And three is more like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

Kansaspatriot the QB Cleveland has is Brandon Weeden (the 29 yo rookie) and based on this year I dont think he is anything special. I would think Josh McDaniels knows Malletts talents (or lack thereof) better than any of us here. The article states if McD went to Cleveland Weeden would be out and he would try to trade for Mallett. Question is what is Mallet worth? Remeber McD **apparently** was ready to offer a 1st and 3rd for Cassell a couple years ago, but BB already had the deal in place with KC.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point. Anyone think the Cassell/McDaniels combination could have worked in Denver? Tebow took that team to the playoffs last year, McD might still be in Denver if that trade had happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

IMO the strong probability is that JM is leaving.  There are numerous sources now pointing to Mike Lombardi returning to the Browns as GM+.   Being a guy who has worked with BB for years and has great respect for the Pats organization he has a very favorable view of JM.

Whether JM wants to take Mallet remains to be seen, but given the lack of snaps he would not command much in return.

As for the Bears, if they decide to replace Smith I think it is offered to Gruden and then Mangini in that order.   I doubt Gruden is going to jump from what he has so don't be surprised if Mangini returns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm pretty indifferent about this.  I like McD just fine as an OC, but don't at all believe that he is irreplacable.  I'm also a little wary about the idea of him taking over as NE's HC some day after Belichick calls it quits (hopefully 5+ years away...).  Good luck to Josh if he does in fact leave. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

Too bad Mallet has not had more chances. He's  looked pretty decent in the pocket the few times they let him throw. Certainly no worse than : henne, sanchez, ponder ,quinn, whoever is in Arizona or Arizona or KC. and he has a big arm, I believe.He fell from the first round & Bill picked him up on the cheap - no? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't know if you watch college football, but the K. State QB is touted as the next Tebow. Maybe slightly more accurate. He's going to be a late round pick though. Unless McDaniels is HC of the Browns, then he'll be a first

[/QUOTE]

Of course I do, see alot of Big 12 around here, and Colin Klien is alot better than Tebow and I doubt he's the next Tebow.

I just think if we start grooming a QB to replace TB, we need a versatile guy with TB skills, but can run.