McKelvin signs 4/$21

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

McKelvin signs 4/$21

Nickel back 4/$21. What were you saying about Arrington 3/$15? How much do you think Talib is going to sign for? Are the Pats taking another step backwards from last seasons last half dozen games in the defensive back field? 

Edelman to the Browns? Vollmer to the Phins? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: McKelvin signs 4/$21

Where are you getting Edelman to browns and vollmer to phins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Where are you getting Edelman to browns and vollmer to phins?

ESPN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It also said the pats are interested in Derek cox, Chris gamble, josh cribbs and mike Wallace. I personally wouldn't mind that haul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Interesting numbers and more than I would have expected - depending on guarantee and back load. He is a good returner but not a great DB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If they all leave (doubtful), the Pats will still be 13-3 or thereabouts. I'm losing no sleep over losing Arrington, Talib, Vollmer or Edelman. I suspect one or two of them will stick around and they'll sign a couple of UFAs from other teams and one way or another field a top tier team next season. Next man up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It also said the pats are interested in Derek cox, Chris gamble, josh cribbs and mike Wallace. I personally wouldn't mind that haul.

I am not interested in Gamble or Cox.  Both missed many games last season.  I don't like signing players who were hurt the previous season.  You may get them fairly cheap but I hate the injury risk.  The Pats have not had good luck with player injuries so why bring in a player who will probably end up hurt.  We already have a few players like that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we got all 4 of those guys that would be pretty nice, although we'd still have O-line and D-line issues

Talib would be gone, but Cox, Boston native Gamble and of course Dennard would make for a nice 3 man weave at starting outside CB's. Cox can play some slot as well. Get Ras-I healthy and draft Tyrann Matheiu in rd 3 for nickel/slot duties and we're looking pretty good in the secondary. I'd still like us to replace Chung with Adrian Wilson.

At WR we'd have a legit deep threat, even if I question his hands, in Wallace. his presence alone, even if he is just a 2-3 catch a game guy, will open things up for everyone else. Cribbs is a better #4 than Branch, Stallworth and Edelman. Demps and Matheiu can more than replace Edelman's special team contributions.

Just have to keep Wes, 4/30 is fair. Vollmer can be replaced by a cheaper FA like Eric Winston, with Cannon able to play RT as well. Draft a DT with the 1st pick and a guard in rd 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I am not interested in Gamble or Cox.  Both missed many games last season.  I don't like signing players who were hurt the previous season.  You may get them fairly cheap but I hate the injury risk.  The Pats have not had good luck with player injuries so why bring in a player who will probably end up hurt.  We already have a few players like that. 

So do you want Talib back? He was injured twice in 6 games for the Pats.