Media lovin the Colts again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Media lovin the Colts again

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81928a1f/Center-of-attention

Go the :38 mark of this clip. What the hell is Randy Moss (not the WR) talking about?  How could he possibly say the Colt were the most successful franchise of the last decade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Media lovin the Colts again

In Response to Media lovin the Colts again:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81928a1f/Center-of-attention Go the :38 mark of this clip. What the hell is Randy Moss (not the WR) talking about?  How could he possibly say the Colt were the most successful franchise of the last decade?
    Posted by heisthejuan

I think if we ALL happen to watch real closely, even The Colts' own Jeff Saturday, does a sort of blinking, nodding double-take of thought regarding that statement, In order to fullly swallow that b#llsh#t statement, just so the interview can proceed forward.  Wow, between that "Most Succesful" point, J Saturday's point @ how Manning would or could NEVER be going anywhere in terms of PM's contract (unlike Brady), and lastly the ending part where Saturday/Manning are screaming at each other on the sideline, Which could only mean 1 thing: "That they're both intense players" (who are secretly in Love with Indy & ALL their teammates too)-  So yea, between watching all of that, and The Wesley Snipes "Power Glider" infomercial which I just woke up to, Hmm-I personally just redefined whether or not males can get morning sickness (they apparently can),,,,man, I'm goin back to bed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Technically, if I recall correctly, they won more regular season games last decade than we did, so he is not wrong.  They also draft very well and are well run.  I still think there is a reason we were the team of the decade, I dont know, 3 SB wins could be it, but I may be wrong. 
    I also think we are prepping for a SB run starting in 2 years/seasons that will give Brady 5-6 rings total barring injury to TB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If you like numbers, in the past decade:
    The Colts won the most regular season games. Colts 115-45 Pats  112-48.
    However, if you count playoffs the Patriots win. Pats  126-51 Colts 124-53.
    Very good for both teams but in super bowls it's Pats 3-1 Colts 1-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Guess then the 70's Cowboys (105 regular season wins) or Dolphins (104 regular season wins) or Raiders (100 regular season wins) are the team of the decade and not the Steelers (99 regular season wins).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

the colts will always be remembered in the last decade as always choking in the big game, but finally winning a big game against the pats only with the officials help.

they may have won a couple more game in the past decade, but they only made one trip to the super bowl, the pats made 4 in an 7 year period and won three SBs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

No No KP - only pats fans think the refs helped the pats, because upon further review everyone knows that Gaffney TD was a makeup gift for the faceguarding.  Further everyone knows the pats had an 18 point lead and blew it. 

What everyone also knows is that the pats rode a tainted 03 win vs the colts to the superbowl due to refs swallowing flags.  So, no one cares whether or not pats fans think they were jobbed. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

So this is UD?

But seriously, folks, everyone knows the media has a love affair with the Colts. So Indy was more successful from September until New Year's. I liked the point that both the Cowboys and Steelers won more games in the 70s than the Steelers. Although I think this is just more of an affection towards Peyton rather than "hatred" against the Patriots. Though I'm sure that some of these guys in the media are truly biased by the negative press. If you look at "success", you could also add the Chargers, who have done very well personnel wise, and the Steelers (who also have 2 rings) who fit the mold even more. Both those teams had "down" seasons, though, so I imagine that's why they aren't "in the running". I'd also bet that both Manning and Saturday (along with a lot of other Colts players) wish that the media gave that distinction to NE...and that they had the three rings!

And underdogg, how can you constantly criticize Patriots fans for bringing up the "bad" calls when you always revert to your "mugging the WRs" complaint? It is what it is, officiating is never going to be consistent. It's how you play within the limits of the game at hand that matters. The 06 AFCCG was one of Manning's best, but the 03 and 04 playoff games in Foxboro were also some of his worst. What's done is done, and when you throw out all the BS and excuses (on both sides), the fact remains NE is 3-1 in the SB while the Colts are 1-1. To narrow it down to the QB (as is often your wont), in the two losses Brady brought his team from behind in the 4th quarter only to have his defense fail at the end. Manning threw a pick and pretty much handed the Saints their first championship.

Popularity contests cannot hide the facts. The object of the game is to hoist the Lombardi. And Kraft has been able to do that three times to Irsay's once!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again:
    So this is UD? But seriously, folks, everyone knows the media has a love affair with the Colts. So Indy was more successful from September until New Year's. I liked the point that both the Cowboys and Steelers won more games in the 70s than the Steelers. Although I think this is just more of an affection towards Peyton rather than "hatred" against the Patriots. Though I'm sure that some of these guys in the media are truly biased by the negative press. If you look at "success", you could also add the Chargers, who have done very well personnel wise, and the Steelers (who also have 2 rings) who fit the mold even more. Both those teams had "down" seasons, though, so I imagine that's why they aren't "in the running". I'd also bet that both Manning and Saturday (along with a lot of other Colts players) wish that the media gave that distinction to NE...and that they had the three rings! And underdogg, how can you constantly criticize Patriots fans for bringing up the "bad" calls when you always revert to your "mugging the WRs" complaint? It is what it is, officiating is never going to be consistent. It's how you play within the limits of the game at hand that matters. The 06 AFCCG was one of Manning's best, but the 03 and 04 playoff games in Foxboro were also some of his worst. What's done is done, and when you throw out all the BS and excuses (on both sides), the fact remains NE is 3-1 in the SB while the Colts are 1-1. To narrow it down to the QB (as is often your wont), in the two losses Brady brought his team from behind in the 4th quarter only to have his defense fail at the end. Manning threw a pick and pretty much handed the Saints their first championship. Popularity contests cannot hide the facts. The object of the game is to hoist the Lombardi. And Kraft has been able to do that three times to Irsay's once!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

The BUB has spoken!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Well, I guess we all need a good laugh on a Sun. morning, especially after all that taste testing between Turkey 101 an Knob creek!!!!!        Com-on Sept.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No No KP - only pats fans think the refs helped the pats, because upon further review everyone knows that Gaffney TD was a makeup gift for the faceguarding.  Further everyone knows the pats had an 18 point lead and blew it.  What everyone also knows is that the pats rode a tainted 03 win vs the colts to the superbowl due to refs swallowing flags.  So, no one cares whether or not pats fans think they were jobbed. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

go sulk with coltsbabe down at Freddies Tavern dillweed. at least our QB didn't throw a pick six in the SB that cost his team a win. go swallow that and choke on that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

The bottom line is if you want all this talk to stop, Brady has to come back into form this season and make it like 2007.  The media has everything it has ever wanted with the way that Manning has played over the past couple years.  There is no doubt that he is the reason they are successful and are always in the running.  The Patriots have fallen off everyone's radar, and Brady is no longer even mentioned.  My one wish is that Brady comes back on fire and lights everyone up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Have no fear, Tom is here!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again : go sulk with coltsbabe down at Freddies Tavern dillweed. at least our QB didn't throw a pick six in the SB that cost his team a win. go swallow that and choke on that
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Who's sulking? 

No your QB didn't throw a pick-six, he was worse.  He opened his mouth and then had to eat his words.  Remember this?  "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense, too?" 

Heck even with Manning's int,he still had a better QB rating that Brady vs. the Giants in the superbowl with Welker, Moss, Stallworth.  How's that happen?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again : Who's sulking?  No your QB didn't throw a pick-six, he was worse.  He opened his mouth and then had to eat his words.  Remember this?  "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense, too?"  Heck even with Manning's int,he still had a better QB rating that Brady vs. the Giants in the superbowl with Welker, Moss, Stallworth.  How's that happen?
    Posted by underdoggggg

Listen moron! Brady was clearly joking around when he made the comment and of course he probably did think we would score more points, why would he not! Now I do remember Tom getting pummbled pretty good the whole game and then led his team down the field to score the go ahead TD pass. The fact we lost was not on him, he did his job. He did not throw a pick 6 to put the team in a hole they could not get out of. So you can have gayton (one SB rings and a butttt load of chokes) and we will keep Tom with a post season ans SB record the sorry Colts can't touch!!!!!!

Go Pats!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Raptor - are you saying he was serious or not?  The loss is all on Brady according to Russgriswold, and he is NEVER wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again : Who's sulking?  No your QB didn't throw a pick-six, he was worse.  He opened his mouth and then had to eat his words.  Remember this?  "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense, too?"  Heck even with Manning's int,he still had a better QB rating that Brady vs. the Giants in the superbowl with Welker, Moss, Stallworth.  How's that happen?
    Posted by underdoggggg

go to some other board please. you'll never win this argument. first of all in 2009 your coach threw in the towel against the Jests, and proceeded to get their a$$es waxed the next week by the Bills. They didn't even try to match the undefeated regular season the Patriots accomplished. You boys are still not there yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Colts got bounced numerous times by the Pats over the last decade, the Colts beat the Pats one time when it mattered.

If you want to call the Colts the "Regular Season Team of the Decade." Go for it. I think the Cavs can call themselves the best team over the past 2 years as well, and how'd that work out for them?

3 SBs, record for points by a team for a season, most TD passes by a QB in a season, most receiving TDs in a season, first ever 16-0 regular season. Team, as well as individual successes, not only that, but the most PREMIER records to hold in the league (single season, non-RB), and 3 rings. Thank you, thank you, discussion over.

Colts = Great

Pats = Historic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again : go to some other board please. you'll never win this argument. first of all in 2009 your coach threw in the towel against the Jests, and proceeded to get their a$$es waxed the next week by the Bills. They didn't even try to match the undefeated regular season the Patriots accomplished. You boys are still not there yet.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

and your boys lost a game that year...the last one...the one that mattered the most and they choked it away!

at leas when the phins are undefeated, they finish what they start

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Media lovin the Colts again : What?  Here you go again putting words in my mouth. Brady put NE ahead with 1:30 to go in the game in SB 42, while Gomer lost the game with a careless, rushed throw.  He was sloppy and it cost him. That's what arrogance will do. What the Giants Front 7 did was incredible. At some point you have to tip your cap and give the opponent credit for a job very well done. But, the difference between Brady and Manning again is clear. Brady led his team down to take the lead, while Gomer Manning threw an INT that led to an immediate 7 points because of HIM. See the difference?
    Posted by russgriswold

Thanks, I knew you understood english and what I was telling the viiliage idiot! LoL