Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to anonymis's comment:

What are the stories?   There have been no stories since he was cut by the Jets. The Jets made that situation hot.

It won't get hot in Foxborough and there wil be no story and hence no money to be made.

Duh.

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

haha.  You're right, there have been zero stories about Tebow since he signed with the Patriots. What a tard.

The announcement that he signed obviously is a story, but this offseason, the media was not following him around while he worked out in Columbus around Urban Meyer this spring.   Please learn to read better, Corky. And I will use Corky when I see horrendous reading comprehension tied to condescion in my direction. The irony of a Corky not getting what I wrote, only to pretend that Corky knows more. lol

You're calling me a tard (namecalling and you're not banned - interesting) and I know more about this than you do, Corky.

The Pats front office monitored the attention the media was giving him since he was cut by the Jets. Fact. Yes. They're have been ZERO Tebow stories in the media since the Jets cut him.  The circus left town in NY because it's NY. The only story that existed is that Tebow was pondering leaving the NFL and football completely, then the Michael Silver lie (again) that BB hates Tebow as a player. But, overall the drama and circus left town.

That weighed into their decision. Once it becomes clear the media will not be asking Tebow questions here, they'll leave, only the local media who knows the score, to remain. Book it. Take it to the bank, Corky.

I guess you have not been paying attention Rusty.  There have been many Tebow discussions, stories since he left NY.  Many on how the Patriots were the best fit for him.  Many on where he will end up, many on is his career being over then many on his father coming out and saying no, his career isn't over.  Many on him playing in the CFL or an arena team.  Now when you turn on the tv or the radio there is talk all over the place about Tebow and the Pat.  The internet is full of stories about Tebow and the Pats. You can't get away from it.  Heck, last night during the Spurs Heat game the announcers were even talking about Tebow and the Patriots.

I don't get it.  What is your deal in denying this?  What are you trying to protect?  Clearly you are wrong, very wrong about the media coverage on Tebow and the Pats.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Part of the reason why Tebow is hated (and loved)  is because of his beliefs/religion.  That has nothing to do with the media per se (altho has been brought up in the media numerous times ) - but is an important part of who he is.  So, are you going to tell me that there aren't any people who hate him because he wears his religion/beliefs on his sleeve (or in his case, eye black) for everyone to see?

[/QUOTE]

Of course not but it's not nearly as many as you inferred to begin with. The vast majority of hate comes from the media driven hype not from his open religous stance. BJGE was just as religous as Tebow and held prayer circles before games, not to mention plenty of other players who have worn bible verses in the eye black and none of them are hated to the extent that Tebow polarizes people. You'll always find someone who doesn't like someone else for odd reasons but unless it's the majority of reason for the hate pointing to that single reason is creating a strawman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Trey Wingo and Hasselback were actually at Foxboro yesterday. Sick--I can't stand this.  I honestly believed Belichick would never do something so dumb. I thought he hated distractions. Now the players have to deal with the incessant questions about Tebow  Can someone explain what is so great about him? I'm baffled.

It's very simple NEGAME.  Tebow is winner.  The guy is everything the Patriots look for in a player.  Positive attitude, hard worker, he has the drive and determination to be the best he can be each and every day.  He isn't looking for a hand out.  He is willing to work hard and do everything he can to earn his spot. 

Now, it's no secret that BB likes these type of players.  It's also no secret that he likes to work with these type of players and find ways to use them. 

Financially it's a no risk situation to the Patriots.  Tebow is the big winner here, he ran out of options, and he is going to work with the best QB, the best coach, heck he should be paying the Patriots.  In return the Patriots are getting a positive player, a hard worker a good example to other players.  There has been some talk that there were some locker room problems last season.  Lloyd and Spikes were a couple of the players named.  They dumped Lloyd and apparently feel that Spikes is worth keeping and hopefully get on track (I hope so, I like Spikes) heck Spikes and Tebow played together so this can be a good thing for Spikes. 

I see it as a no lose situation here.  I like Tebow, I want him to succeed here and I think BB has a plan.  What is there to lose here?  The media circus that's going on? And make no mistake about it, the media circus is here.  Tebow and the Patriots are all over the sports networks again this morning both tv and radio.  BUT BB knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed TEBOW.  BB is the honey badger, he doesn't give a @#&$!  If anyone can handle the media circus that comes with Tebow it is Bill Belichick!  HE is a master when it comes to this media stuff. 

Sure I would love to be reading and hearing on all the sports networks right now that the Patriots are going to be better on defense this season or that TFB and the new WR's are getting comfortable together but the jealous media doesn't give the Patriots that type of press.  So we get the Tebow media circus.  That's fine.  It doesn't bother me and I'm sure BB isn't going to let it bother him and the Patriots.  I'm all for BB bringing Tebow in and kicking the tires on him and seeing if he can do something with Tebow to help the team, on or off the field.  Why is everyone so surprised?  Everyone in media land had the Patriots as the perfect landing spot for Tebow when he was released by the Jets.

really I say bullcrap to the whole Tebowmania--he and his "camp" want as much money as they can make. the tebowing, the soft spoken boy, the thank you mam , just a way to bring more attention to himself. Who was he thinking of  when he started the "thinker" pose. Was there any time in Denver or in New York when he excused himself and stopped answering questions. No he ate it up, everthing he does is calculated to bring more exposure to himself. And everyone keeps saying he's a winner, really what's he won lately.  So he works hard, has drive and determination, why hasn't he gotten any better. Did you watch Brady in the backgroud when Tebow was throwing, take a look and let me know what you see.

BTW did you hear what he said at the end of his statement to the press yesterday--"I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon"  in other words keep asking for me so I can get in front of the camera again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What are the stories?   There have been no stories since he was cut by the Jets. The Jets made that situation hot.

It won't get hot in Foxborough and there wil be no story and hence no money to be made.

Duh.

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

haha.  You're right, there have been zero stories about Tebow since he signed with the Patriots. What a tard.

The announcement that he signed obviously is a story, but this offseason, the media was not following him around while he worked out in Columbus around Urban Meyer this spring.   Please learn to read better, Corky. And I will use Corky when I see horrendous reading comprehension tied to condescion in my direction. The irony of a Corky not getting what I wrote, only to pretend that Corky knows more. lol

You're calling me a tard (namecalling and you're not banned - interesting) and I know more about this than you do, Corky.

The Pats front office monitored the attention the media was giving him since he was cut by the Jets. Fact. Yes. They're have been ZERO Tebow stories in the media since the Jets cut him.  The circus left town in NY because it's NY. The only story that existed is that Tebow was pondering leaving the NFL and football completely, then the Michael Silver lie (again) that BB hates Tebow as a player. But, overall the drama and circus left town.

That weighed into their decision. Once it becomes clear the media will not be asking Tebow questions here, they'll leave, only the local media who knows the score, to remain. Book it. Take it to the bank, Corky.

I guess you have not been paying attention Rusty.  There have been many Tebow discussions, stories since he left NY.  Many on how the Patriots were the best fit for him.  Many on where he will end up, many on is his career being over then many on his father coming out and saying no, his career isn't over.  Many on him playing in the CFL or an arena team.  Now when you turn on the tv or the radio there is talk all over the place about Tebow and the Pat.  The internet is full of stories about Tebow and the Pats. You can't get away from it.  Heck, last night during the Spurs Heat game the announcers were even talking about Tebow and the Patriots.

I don't get it.  What is your deal in denying this?  What are you trying to protect?  Clearly you are wrong, very wrong about the media coverage on Tebow and the Pats.

I am not "wrong" at all.  Of course the first day or days will attract large throngs of media. However, I specifically said yesterday that within 48 hours (by tonight) those mediheads will be packing up and leaving.

I haven't been paying attention? LOL!!!  No one does his homework more here than myself. You create photoshop material and swing in and out of threads from Nevada.  Please stop. Your behavior is completely annoying and has been here since mid March when you imploded. It's why and PatsEng have teamed up like teenie boppers all dramatic with a BB GM move.  Grow up for crying out loud, you immature bandwagoner.

Go back and look at my comments.  They're sitting right there in these threads.

I was countering goofy and dumb RKrap (PatsEng and you) who are acting like this "media circus" will last all summer and be a disctraction. It won't.  I already said why as did others.

1. Tebow will not be answering any questions. I'll bet you right now, he doesn't talk to the media today, let alone answer questions. He may not even face the media again the rest of camp/as long as he is here.

2. BB won't allow it to be a distraction. He even said today "we've talked enough about that".

They ain't getting jack squat and I don't care if it takes 24 or 48 hours for that media presence to thin out. Companies are not going to waste time if they can't ask questions or get anything to quote. How dumb can you be here?   What are they going to print?  Hmm?

The only reason why that happened in NY with the Jets is because they are utter MORONS, gave him a 16 minute press conference when he arrived in NY and made it seem like he was part of some large master plans. Then, when it became clear that wasn't the case, with Sachez's clear bust status, THAT became the story.

How can you be this dumb?  Whatever happened in NY with Tebow, in NO WAY will be happening here.

Fact.

BTW, I have never, ever wrote that this will be a distraction!  I think BB is going to handle this perfectly and have said so since day 1.  But there is no denying that it is a media circus.  Everyone, everywhere is talking about it.  Sure is a lot more Patriots talk the past couple day then had they not signed Tebow.  A lot more!!

He might not talk to the media today but he will talk to the media again.  And even if he doesn't, that isn't going to stop the media circus from continuing.

You need to leave the forum a bit more and check out the tv, internet, radio because you apparently have no idea what is going on.  You don't think it will distract the Patriots and neither do I.  But to say it's not a media circus is rediculous!

And you might do some homework but apparently not enough.  I tooled you on the incorrect statements you were throwing out there about Amendola.  Clearly you didn't do your homework then.  And I see many tool you on incorrect info you spew here, so give me a break.

Don't you live in Carolina?  How can you be a Patriots fan living in Carolina?  You have to be a Panthers fan. 

You have gotten so bad here the past 5-6 months that I think you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  You weren't this bad last season, you really need to get a grip on yourself.  Understand that you don't have to win every argument or even comment on every post.  Just chill out dude, you look foolish here trying to have to be right all the time.  Didn't you get any attention when you were a child??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Of course not but it's not nearly as many as you inferred to begin with. The vast majority of hate comes from the media driven hype not from his open religous stance. BJGE was just as religous as Tebow and held prayer circles before games, not to mention plenty of other players who have worn bible verses in the eye black and none of them are hated to the extent that Tebow polarizes people. You'll always find someone who doesn't like someone else for odd reasons but unless it's the majority of reason for the hate pointing to that single reason is creating a strawman.

and it's not nearly as few as you infer.  I base it what I hear in different sports bars in different cities. seem like it's 50-50 to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

since there is going to be zero effect, why is brady even discussing tebow?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Here's an interesting dichotomy.

• BB/Patriots will obviously not make Tebow readily available (unless the NFL mandates/requests it).
    • The media has questions - that will go unanswered.

The public; because of their unsatiable desire for "news" will want the questions answered.

The media will continue to ask questions - and speculate to answer questions that go unanswered by BB/Patriots/Tebow.

There is no question articles will be written about Tebow because he is a celebrity.

Here's an example, published today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

• BB/Patriots will obviously not make Tebow readily available (unless the NFL mandates/requests it).

The public; because of their unsatiable desire for "news" will want the questions answered.

The media will continue to ask questions - and speculate to answer questions that go unanswered by BB/Patriots/Tebow.

There is no question articles will be written about Tebow because he is a celebrity.

The real question is how many times do the questions get asked verses how many times can BB and Brady stand being asked. We all have our breaking points and eventually if asked the same question over and over again it will begin to annoy us which does effect performance. It's like a kid asking for a cookie once a minute for 3 hours. Eventually you forget what you were doing in frustrated do something stupid (like yell at the kid of mess something up) because you lose control of your sense for a short period. There is no way to stop the media from asking so the question will become, who will give in first the Pats or the media

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The real question is how many times do the questions get asked verses how many times can BB and Brady stand being asked. We all have our breaking points and eventually if asked the same question over and over again it will begin to annoy us which does effect performance. It's like a kid asking for a cookie once a minute for 3 hours. Eventually you forget what you were doing in frustrated do something stupid (like yell at the kid of mess something up) because you lose control of your sense for a short period. There is no way to stop the media from asking so the question will become, who will give in first the Pats or the media

based on historical evidence the media usually cries uncle befor BB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

regardless of what BB wants.   The media will make every effort to sensationalize everything Tebow does. The circus has already begun.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/06/gut_feelings_about_tim_tebow_t.html

This is your circus... or the fans circus.. not the Pats circus.... THis has zero effect over anything on the field. The circus is in your mind and the monds of repoorts who have no idea of how to plug their own by lines.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are forgetting that there are options and forgetting who is in charge:

Reporter: what about TEbow... reply: stock answer... Reporter: what about Tebow.., etc, etc.. Reporter: what about Tebow.. reply: we've dealt with that... .... etc, reporter: as he asks his insipid question he is ignored altogether and gets no replies to any of his questions regardless of what the question is...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Duh.

I am not "wrong" at all.  Of course the first day or days will attract large throngs of media. However, I specifically said yesterday that within 48 hours (by tonight) those mediheads will be packing up and leaving.

I haven't been paying attention? LOL!!!  No one does his homework more here than myself. You create photoshop material and swing in and out of threads from Nevada.  Please stop. Your behavior is completely annoying and has been here since mid March when you imploded. It's why and PatsEng have teamed up like teenie boppers all dramatic with a BB GM move.  Grow up for crying out loud, you immature bandwagoner.

I was countering goofy and dumb RKrap (PatsEng and you) who are acting like this "media circus" will last all summer and be a disctraction. It won't.  I already said why as did others.

1. Tebow will not be answering any questions. I'll bet you right now, he doesn't talk to the media today, let alone answer questions. He may not even face the media again the rest of camp/as long as he is here.

2. BB won't allow it to be a distraction. He even said today "we've talked enough about that".

They ain't getting jack squat and I don't care if it takes 24 or 48 hours for that media presence to thin out. Companies are not going to waste time if they can't ask questions or get anything to quote. How dumb can you be here?   What are they going to print?  Hmm?

The only reason why that happened in NY with the Jets is because they are utter MORONS, gave him a 16 minute press conference when he arrived in NY and made it seem like he was part of some large master plans. Then, when it became clear that wasn't the case, with Sachez's clear bust status, THAT became the story.

How can you be this dumb?  Whatever happened in NY with Tebow, in NO WAY will be happening here.

Fact.

THERE IS HOMEWORK? Oh no! Does it affect our grades?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

You are forgetting that there are options and forgetting who is in charge:

Reporter: what about TEbow... reply: stock answer... Reporter: what about Tebow.., etc, etc.. Reporter: what about Tebow.. reply: we've dealt with that... .... etc, reporter: as he asks his insipid question he is ignored altogether and gets no replies to any of his questions regardless of what the question is...

I'm sure that you didn't read all of the posts on this thread.  I've acknowledged that the Patriots will likely limit media access to Tebow, and any responses by Tebow would likely be canned. That being said, that likely scenario will not prevent the media from writing speculative "news" about Tebow as he relates to the Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

except it's not just BB who will be asked. Already Brady has been asked as I'm sure other members of the team. The media has a way at picking at a scab until they find they right area and ripe it off. All it takes is to get to a single player and it's starts a ripple effect. Say with Mallett for instance. It's gets on Malletts nerves and his starts to act angry and annoyed in the locker room. Now does BB have to dump Mallett because of the media? That certainly effects the team if they had plans for Mallett. Or does Mallett being PO'd then transfer to someone else and it spreads. Ever notice at an office is one person is in a pissy mode how quickly it can spread? If it was just BB I think he can handle it, though it seemed to get under his skin too. I have never seen BB tell reporters to stop asking about a specific player then walk off because they wouldn't.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Duh.

Fact.

BTW, I have never, ever wrote that this will be a distraction!  I think BB is going to handle this perfectly and have said so since day 1.  But there is no denying that it is a media circus.  Everyone, everywhere is talking about it.  Sure is a lot more Patriots talk the past couple day then had they not signed Tebow.  A lot more!!

He might not talk to the media today but he will talk to the media again.  And even if he doesn't, that isn't going to stop the media circus from continuing.

You need to leave the forum a bit more and check out the tv, internet, radio because you apparently have no idea what is going on.  You don't think it will distract the Patriots and neither do I.  But to say it's not a media circus is rediculous!

And you might do some homework but apparently not enough.  I tooled you on the incorrect statements you were throwing out there about Amendola.  Clearly you didn't do your homework then.  And I see many tool you on incorrect info you spew here, so give me a break.

Don't you live in Carolina?  How can you be a Patriots fan living in Carolina?  You have to be a Panthers fan. 

You have gotten so bad here the past 5-6 months that I think you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  You weren't this bad last season, you really need to get a grip on yourself.  Understand that you don't have to win every argument or even comment on every post.  Just chill out dude, you look foolish here trying to have to be right all the time.  Didn't you get any attention when you were a child??

Or, "ridiculous". Nice spelling. I lived in Chicago, too, and never became a Bears fan.  Boston bred and born, Corky.  You, meanwhile, bandwagoned over here after our first SB title.

[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, there is your deflection tactic again!  Sure, I bet you were a Bears fan, on the Bears forum before coming here.  So you must be a Pats, Bears and Panthers fan according to your logic.   You know I was a Pats fan before their first SB, but you can continue with the bandwagon angle if it makes you feel better.  After all, I would imagine you feel pretty small everyday after getting beat here on a daily basis by so many people. Where is your self respect?  LOL!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

except it's not just BB who will be asked. Already Brady has been asked as I'm sure other members of the team. The media has a way at picking at a scab until they find they right area and ripe it off. All it takes is to get to a single player and it's starts a ripple effect. Say with Mallett for instance. It's gets on Malletts nerves and his starts to act angry and annoyed in the locker room. Now does BB have to dump Mallett because of the media? That certainly effects the team if they had plans for Mallett. Or does Mallett being PO'd then transfer to someone else and it spreads. Ever notice at an office is one person is in a pissy mode how quickly it can spread? If it was just BB I think he can handle it, though it seemed to get under his skin too. I have never seen BB tell reporters to stop asking about a specific player then walk off because they wouldn't.

Look it is only my opinion but I think Brady will do what he normally does when asked a question he doesn't want to answer.  He will be polite as always and  just say I can't answer that you will have to ask the coach or I can't answer that you will have to talk to the player.

As far as the team goes they take their cues from BB but  Brady, Wilfork  and Mayo set the tone in the locker room. I can't see this spinning out of control.

I don't think I said BB would refuse to answer and walk away. He will do what he always does and say I have answered that question and addressed that issue and move on.

I am most likely in the minority but I don't think this is going to be as big an issue as others think. We are talking about a player who has no guaranteed money and is competing for a bottom of the roster spot. It is highly unlikely he makes the team as a QB and he would have to out play other position players TE/H-back/ST in pre-season in order to get  a roster spot.

IMHO I think he comes up with a mysterious injury in the last pre-season game. He goes on IR and gets to spend a year learning from watching Brady prepare and operate.  It will also allow him a full year of tutelage with McDaniel’s and allow him to work on his mechanics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

regardless of what BB wants.   The media will make every effort to sensationalize everything Tebow does. The circus has already begun.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/06/gut_feelings_about_tim_tebow_t.html

This is your circus... or the fans circus.. not the Pats circus.... THis has zero effect over anything on the field. The circus is in your mind and the monds of repoorts who have no idea of how to plug their own by lines.

Possibly, except fans don't write news articles. Did fans write the news articles when Tebow played in NY? Did fans write the news articles in the Globe?

In regards to whether or not it affect players on the field - I would say it's too early to say one way or the other.  It's like fans trying to determine the success of rookies before they've played their first down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

Possibly, except fans don't write news articles. Did fans write the news articles when Tebow played in NY? Did fans write the news articles in the Globe?

In regards to whether or not it affect players on the field - I would say it's too early to say one way or the other.  It's like fans trying to determine the success of rookies before they've played their first down.

[/QUOTE]

Media companies probably assign writers to write about topics that...

1) People are talking about online

2) A lot of people react to, also probably measured by online activity regarding the topic, to the article.

Portfolio is largely right in saying this is the fans' circus. If you want to do your part in taking writers' focus away from Tebow, don't participate in Tebow discussions and definitely do not react to articles about Tebow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Media companies probably assign writers to write about topics that...

1) People are talking about online

2) A lot of people react to, also probably measured by online activity regarding the topic, to the article.

Portfolio is largely right in saying this is the fans' circus. If you want to do your part in taking writers' focus away from Tebow, don't participate in Tebow discussions and definitely do not react to articles about Tebow.

I can see how one would come to that conclusion.  Demand and supply....

25. This post has been removed.