Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Media

How is it that no matter how poorly the NY football teams play, somehow or another the media gives them endless spotlight.  Would someone inform the media, especially ESPN, that the world does not live in NY nor does 99.9% of the world's population give a rat's behind about NY teams or anything about that cesspool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Media

Because at 20 million people the NYC metropolitan area is the fourth largest in the world. The New York City television market is 7% of the total US population. All those people mean lots of advertising dollars.

LA is the next largest TV market, but does not follow sports the way New York does so it doesn't get similar coverage.

Add to that the fact that all the major networks have studios in NYC (meaning a lot of the people who work for them end up being fans of New York teams) and national coverage will always be skewed towards New York teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I personally have enjoyed the circus act called the Yets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

My declaration was actually rhetorical in nature however, obviously the driving force in this case is the same as in life itself and that is leverage and dollars.  Furthermore, this never-ending affection for NY serves to remind us all why they put a mute button on our clickers and why puppies need newspapers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My declaration was actually rhetorical in nature however, obviously the driving force in this case is the same as in life itself and that is leverage and dollars.  Furthermore, this never-ending affection for NY serves to remind us all why they put a mute button on our clickers and why puppies need newspapers.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is, unfortunately, an economic certainty that national media coverage of everything is skewed towards NYC. I understand it, and for people in smaller markets than Boston it is even worse.

6. This post has been removed.