Meet Derrick Martin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Meet Derrick Martin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Martin

Good news is he a 2 time Champion having played for the Gaints and Packers in their SB winning season so he may bring the championship pedigree(gulp) weve been lacking in the back end.

Bad news is he is not the CB we are looking for and is more of a safety at 215, and with him being only 5'10" I dont think he fits the bill so far as being a cover safety.

That being said , I will always welcome any additon to the secondary if they can help.

My guess with the safety pick up and the release of Moore is that even though Chung and Gregory may be healthy coming off the bye, there is still a strong chance that one or both goes to I.R. I would say Chung right now becasue his next big hit is cause another stinger at which point they should shut him down, never mind the fact he hasnt really played well this year at all when healthy.

So they plan on moving # 32 back to CB after a couple weeks of self scouting. Dennard will take over the # 2 spot with M.Cole playing the slot(best option so far) and Arrington playing the Dime where he belongs. Martin will bring experience and an ability to keep things calm if he can learn this tricky system and I think we would be ok in that scenario as long as Jones keeps ascending and Nink keeps up his recent good play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Meet Derrick Martin

The thing is that he was here in training camp and not good enough to make the team back then. I guess BB figure he got all he could out of Moore and wanted to try some one else. I honestly get the feeling they just throw guys out there and see how they do...

Technically, he was on two Super Bowl winning teams. He played special teams last year for the Giants and did not record a stat. I believe he was not actually dressed for the Packers when the won the Super Bowl, so I am not sure he brings a "Championship Pedigree".  He has four career starts and this is his seventh NFL season. I would not expect too much from him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Future cut following next week's game or one shortly after.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing is that he was here in training camp and not good enough to make the team back then. I guess BB figure he got all he could out of Moore and wanted to try some one else. I honestly get the feeling they just throw guys out there and see how they do...

Technically, he was on two Super Bowl winning teams. He played special teams last year for the Giants and did not record a stat. I believe he was not actually dressed for the Packers when the won the Super Bowl, so I am not sure he brings a "Championship Pedigree".  He has four career starts and this is his seventh NFL season. I would not expect too much from him...

[/QUOTE]

lol, I was joking about the championship pedigree... Like u said, inactive in one game and non factor in the other but has more rings then anyone in our secondary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol, I was joking about the championship pedigree... Like u said, inactive in one game and non factor in the other but has more rings then anyone in our secondary.

[/QUOTE]

He actually has more rings than any one on the Pats except Brady. He has as many (2) as Branch and one more than Wilfork.  The only other player on this team with a Super Bowl ring is Jake Ballard...