Merry Christmas! Share a story.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Merry Christmas! Share a story.

The magical Xmas moment for me when I was a kid was looking over the stair case and seeing the living room packed with presents.  Most were socks and tee shirts but I knew one was something pretty cool. 

My brother wanted timberline boots so bad one year he woke up at 4 am and checked under the tree and they were there. He unwrapped them put them on and  went back to bed until the rest of the family woke up. 

I wish I  had my kids Xmas. Man they got it so much better than I did when I was a kid. Now I get to do the giving though and its a blast Seeing the kids get what they asked for.  

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Merry Christmas! Share a story.

Best of the season for you as well....Years ago living in IL. a mall kiosk had NFL shirt ornaments of each team. I bought out all the Pats shirts they had, 8 at the time and had the artist put names and numbers on them - Bledsoe, Bruschi, Brown, Wille Mac, Lawyer Malloy, Ty Law, and Ted Johnson do hang on the tree and always will, Terry Glen was painted over years ago to become Brady...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well, this one time at Band Camp..........

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Christmas morning 1963 me all of 3 years old  started a fire in the fireplace with all the shoes from the coat closet near by....

remember getting that football game where you lined the men up and turn the game on and it vibrated the men all over the place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

remember getting that football game where you lined the men up and turn the game on and it vibrated the men all over the place.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably most of us had one of those.  I remember being really excited right up until we turned it on.  

To this day nothing, and I mean nothing surprises me as much as people willing to use legal tender to purchase these games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In 1987 my prized and anticipated Christmas present was a big 1/16 scale model of a Pontiac Firebird, as I was eaten up with model cars.  I was also a huge Knight Rider fan, so.....Anyway, it wasnt a KR model, just a red Firebird of the same type as KITT. I knew I was getting it, and sat by the tree every night dreaming of putting it together. Funny thing is, I still have it in a box in the attic. Its been painted several times over the years, black, white, and I changed the wheels a couple times. Its in pieces now. I have had the thought here over the past few weeks of getting it down, getting all the pieces together and restoring it to its original color and appearance as a 25th anniversary memory. Itd look good on the shelf in the livingroom below the framed and matted picture on the box it came in, which I also still have. If I get it done, I'll post pictures. LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably most of us had one of those.  I remember being really excited right up until we turned it on.  

To this day nothing, and I mean nothing surprises me as much as people willing to use legal tender to purchase these games.

[/QUOTE]

I got one for Christmas in 1985. I still have it, and as far as I know it still works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I got one for Christmas in 1985. I still have it, and as far as I know it still works.

[/QUOTE]

Can you define that? 

Is this one "working"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O166CqhRTw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you define that? 

Is this one "working"?

[/QUOTE]

LOL....cant click on the link, but I'll say that it does what it originally did, which I'll admit is pretty chaotic. Had fun with it though. The kicker was the hardest thing to use. It was tough to get the ball to sit on that little spike, and then to ge the kickers leg to flip like it was supposed to. But it was a feeling of triumph when it did and the ball went through the uprights. You could also stick the ball on his hand and flip it at your receivers, and sometimes that worked to. My mom helped me order more players out of the little catalog that came with it, and I got the kind with the fancy bases that had a little wheel you could turn to make them go in a certain direction.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you define that? 

Is this one "working"?

[/QUOTE]

I am absolutely thrilled my parents never bought that for me for Xmas. 

[/QUOTE]

The Atari type things were WAY too expensive for us, but I was happy with what I got.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

No Santa story but rather a true meaning of Christmas. A Few years ago I decided to take a trip to Russia ( I speak Russian) and I ended that trip by taking the train from Moscow to Vladivistok through 9-10 times zones, beautiful place and winter scenery. once the people on the train knew I was American all they wanted to talk about was Christmas, Capitalism and the old Soviet way which they prefer. Ending up in China a few days before Christmas on Q to meet up with a Colleague of mine as he also is on a vacation in China with his wife. He invited me to his relatives home for dinner and everone in the house is wearing heavy winter coats to stay warm ( electric is too expensive and use is restricted) only one small room is heated where everyone gathers to eat. Sorry, for a long story!

Anyway, glad to get back to hotel and met up with them for breakfast. Chinese teenage girl waitress noticed a very small Star of David with a Cross around my neck and asked if I was Christian. ( I'm Messianic Jew/Christian). She then asked me if I wanted to visit her Church that evening (this blew my mind) I said "sure would". Before I knew it there were 4 young girls jumping up and down at the table because I accepted their offer to share the Bible with them in the hotel lobby ( I had my human translator captive). keep in mind this is Red China.

While in the Lobby a Choir of about 20 kids led by a Very large and muscular Indonesian ( think Aldon Smith) man accompanied by a 4 piece, sang Christ Songs (mostly English) and not one Santa song. They would then move into the restaurant and then bar area for encore. What a happy bunch. During this time everyone was captivated by them and sent a Spirit filled of joy
    throughout the place.

That evening I mentioned to others if they would like to atend the Church Service that Christmas evening. I had no idea what was about to happen. This large old wooden building was filled to the rafters with poor Chinese, there were thousands. The service is best described as a song and dance festival with costumes, perfect choreography, that lasted 2 hours. Just Praisng The Lord. No collection plate! The next evening I was tipped off to an UNDERGROUND service, but dangerous, the cops know your there but so long as you don't publically prothlysize(sic) all is good, just stay out of the Governments Politics.

What happened a few months later, the Chinese friend and his wife (also a Neurologist) informed me that from the experience at Christmas they decided to become Christians while studying the Scriptures every night together. God moves in special ways. There you have it! Conclusion; Russia and China are moving to Christ while the west is sadly moving away. Best free Christmas gift I ever got.

Merry Christmas to all ....... Peace on Earth and good will to mankind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Santa story but rather a true meaning of Christmas. A Few years ago I decided to take a trip to Russia ( I speak Russian) and I ended that trip by taking the train from Moscow to Vladivistok through 9-10 times zones, beautiful place and winter scenery. once the people on the train knew I was American all they wanted to talk about was Christmas, Capitalism and the old Soviet way which they prefer. Ending up in China a few days before Christmas on Q to meet up with a Colleague of mine as he also is on a vacation in China with his wife. He invited me to his relatives home for dinner and everone in the house is wearing heavy winter coats to stay warm ( electric is too expensive and use is restricted) only one small room is heated where everyone gathers to eat. Sorry, for a long story!

Anyway, glad to get back to hotel and met up with them for breakfast. Chinese teenage girl waitress noticed a very small Star of David with a Cross around my neck and asked if I was Christian. ( I'm Messianic Jew/Christian). She then asked me if I wanted to visit her Church that evening (this blew my mind) I said "sure would". Before I knew it there were 4 young girls jumping up and down at the table because I accepted their offer to share the Bible with them in the hotel lobby ( I had my human translator captive). keep in mind this is Red China.

While in the Lobby a Choir of about 20 kids led by a Very large and muscular Indonesian ( think Aldon Smith) man accompanied by a 4 piece, sang Christ Songs (mostly English) and not one Santa song. They would then move into the restaurant and then bar area for encore. What a happy bunch. During this time everyone was captivated by them and sent a Spirit filled of joy
    throughout the place.

That evening I mentioned to others if they would like to atend the Church Service that Christmas evening. I had no idea what was about to happen. This large old wooden building was filled to the rafters with poor Chinese, there were thousands. The service is best described as a song and dance festival with costumes, perfect choreography, that lasted 2 hours. Just Praisng The Lord. No collection plate! The next evening I was tipped off to an UNDERGROUND service, but dangerous, the cops know your there but so long as you don't publically prothlysize(sic) all is good, just stay out of the Governments Politics.

What happened a few months later, the Chinese friend and his wife (also a Neurologist) informed me that from the experience at Christmas they decided to become Christians while studying the Scriptures every night together. God moves in special ways. There you have it! Conclusion; Russia and China are moving to Christ while the west is sadly moving away. Best free Christmas gift I ever got.

[/QUOTE]

Good story, but Im sure someone on here will rip you for it. For myself, I think its great, thanks for sharing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wish I still had all the Star Wars toys I got for Christmas as a kid, they probably are worth a fortune right now. I remember seeing the movie Alien as a kid (aunt and uncle told my parents it was suitable for children to see it) and it scared the living daylights out of me - as a joke my parents got me the Alien doll from Kenner toys for Christmas. Kenner would soon after remove it from the shelves due to parent protest...the toy became a collectors item...I threw mine against the basement wall until it finally broke apart:( Wish I still had that thing now...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Glad you enjoyed it examiner. I know what you mean, I don't care and it won't bother me in the least. Christ is easy pickens and always was. He doesn't need my defense. That story  goes on and on to this day with those people, I work with them ......... ;-))))) Wish I could share it with you.

Merry Christmas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

throughout the place.

[/QUOTE]

Great story. Thanks for sharing. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Time with the family, great songs and movies, and the warm feeling of giving and receiving! That's all I need.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Christmas morning 1963 me all of 3 years old  started a fire in the fireplace with all the shoes from the coat closet near by....

WOW!

[/QUOTE]

Concerning the vibrating football game, those were horrible.  I had 2 older brothers so between the 3 of us we probably got every football game ever made over the years for Christmas.

One year I wanted a Vikings football helmet.,  Parents looked all over for one, tried to order one and they couldn't get one in time for Christmas so I woke up on Christmas Day and there was a Vikings football helmet.  It looked a little different, the purple wasn't as dark.  Then a few days later the paint started to peel off.  About a week later my parents said they took the helmet back and got a new one.  This one looked better and the paint didn't peel off.  Appartently my Dad got a regular helmet and painted it to look like the Vikings helmet so I would have one on Christmas day then when the real one finally arrived they made the switch. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

62, got me a Red Ryder, still got it too....

And I ain't shot my eye out yet with it either!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish I still had all the Star Wars toys I got for Christmas as a kid, they probably are worth a fortune right now. I remember seeing the movie Alien as a kid (aunt and uncle told my parents it was suitable for children to see it) and it scared the living daylights out of me - as a joke my parents got me the Alien doll from Kenner toys for Christmas. Kenner would soon after remove it from the shelves due to parent protest...the toy became a collectors item...I threw mine against the basement wall until it finally broke apart:( Wish I still had that thing now...

[/QUOTE]

I still have the Millenium Falcon.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder what that's worth? My favorite sci-fi space ship of all time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There were a bunch of kids that lived in my neighborhood and we played tons of football growing up.  It was a rainbow of footballs Christmas morning as everyone would get different color Nerf footballs every Christmas.