Midseason Awards..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Midseason Awards..

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/10/time_to_hand_out_midseason_awards

any over or underachievers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Midseason Awards..

Edelman deserves an over-achievement star, our entire offense deserves a under-achievement frowning face. Defense deserves an over-achievement star, I thought they would be good, but they played really well pre-injuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Based on the injuries and who the injuries occured to my vote goes to Matt Patricia. Under the circumstances this D has been beyond what i could have imagined with some of the missing pieces.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I would give BB an award for having a deep roster.  Next man up is working so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

D was top 10 before injuries started taking it's toll. 

Defensive MVP goes to Talib

Offensive MVP goes to Brady??? Not much more can be expected of him when hes got noone who can catch the ball consistently and stay healthy, and not much protection. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

I would give BB an award for having a deep roster.  Next man up is working so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Outside of the place kicker, I think the whole team deserves a "C".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think fan comments like these deserve an F.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who would you give higher marks to?

Running game:  Average at best

Receivers:  I was being kind

QB:  The numbers aren't good.

OL:  How many sacks?

Defense:  See graphic above

Coaches:  Suspect play calling.  If I agree with that retardo Rusty that the play selection needs help, there's a glaring issue.

GM:  Now, there's the "F" you were talking about, but pulled up to a "D-" with the move yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course they deserve a C, they've lost several of their best players to IR and they are 1st in their division and 6-2 over all. 

Go back to taking pucks to the face...

Talib A  Edelman A  Jones A Dennard B Spikes B

Rookie Grades  Logan A (just for last 2 weeks alone)  Thompkins and Dobson B (these guys are rookies WRs, that said I don't we could have expected much more from them)

I'd like to see hightower step up his game, some more of harmon, vereen back, what fletcher can do, and what Cannon can do.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

Who would you give higher marks to?

Running game:  Average at best

Receivers:  I was being kind

QB:  The numbers aren't good.

OL:  How many sacks?

Defense:  See graphic above

Coaches:  Suspect play calling.  If I agree with that retardo Rusty that the play selection needs help, there's a glaring issue.

GM:  Now, there's the "F" you were talking about, but pulled up to a "D-" with the move yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

See graphic above?

Hmmm LOL

Let's see the defense scored 7 for the offense AND only gave up 23 (which included overtime).

20 if you take away overtime controversial call.

ALL while doing that in the very 1st game without two of their 3 best defensive players. 1 of which is the captain and communications leader of the unit.

Most importanlty though would be that you seem to be basing the grade on 1 of 8 games only??

Brilliant analysis by you. ** shaking head **

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So what the pats have to go undefeated to get over a C rating.  How about putting up all the scores and not just the worst game they played.  How about talking about their record.  How about taking about the stats of the defense and not brady.  How about talking about the fact the brady was throwing to mostly 2 rookie WRs and edelman only for most of the season...  

The reason why you are NOT well received here is becuase you are trying to spin everything patriot in the worse light.  You come off as a troll, hater, tool.  Just an FYI

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

See graphic above?

Hmmm LOL

Let's see the defense scored 7 for the offense AND only gave up 23 (which included overtime).

20 if you take away overtime controversial call.

ALL while doing that in the very 1st game without two of their 3 best defensive players. 1 of which is the captain and communications leader of the unit.

Most importanlty though would be that you seem to be basing the grade on 1 of 8 games only??

Brilliant analysis by you. ** shaking head **

[/QUOTE]

The graphic was an example, not a sole reason.

If they don't have a suitable backup guy with the radio, that's poor planning on the coach.  How many captains does the team have?  If losing one is a reason to lose the game, maybe they should have less to mitigate risk.

Poor analysis by you.  ** nodding head ***

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course they deserve a C, they've lost several of their best players to IR and they are 1st in their division and 6-2 over all. 

Rookie Grades  Logan A (just for last 2 weeks alone)  Thompkins and Dobson B (these guys are rookies WRs, that said I don't we could have expected much more from them)

I'd like to see hightower step up his game, some more of harmon, vereen back, what fletcher can do, and what Cannon can do.... 

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that McCourty deserves an A. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

One of the ongoing issues that rears its ugly head from time to time is the actual fact of the matter.  In point of fact (ugly word, I know) the Pats are 8th in the league rushing the football.  That would be top 25% (although that's math which has never been a noteworthy strength of mine).  I don't think that's a 'C' but perhaps I'm not being sufficiently analytical.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's 1 of 2 losses. A loss that came after they lost Talib and Mayo by the way, why don't you post the other 7 scores?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get back to me when you learn how to post on the internet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's 1 of 2 losses. A loss that came after they lost Talib and Mayo by the way, why don't you post the other 7 scores?

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I'm thrilled that they are 6-2.  It's been the rockiest 6-2 ever!  Considering they've given up over 20 points in half of their games so far, I don't think lauding the depth is really valid.  They're grinding out wins and that's great.  I hope it continues, but I think the smoke and mirror show will end soon.

Like everyone, I hope they get a couple of injured guys back shortly and keep winning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

One of the ongoing issues that rears its ugly head from time to time is the actual fact of the matter.  In point of fact (ugly word, I know) the Pats are 8th in the league rushing the football.  That would be top 25% (although that's math which has never been a noteworthy strength of mine).  I don't think that's a 'C' but perhaps I'm not being sufficiently analytical.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Yes, they are 8th in total yards.  They are also four yards (965 to 961) from 10th.

Maybe this will help:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Just an example? OK enlighten us to all the other examples please.

haha suitability is based on experience doing the job. Once again you are focusing on and referencing one game, the game you say is not what you are focusing on. How many points did they give up in that 2nd game of experience making the calls?

You obviously have no idea how often backups get reps, in a given role, even "in Practice" let alone real in game experience doing it. While he is a starter he is a backup with the dot. 

Are you actually trying to state the BB has his teams ill prepared or less prepared for such situations than other teams in the league?

The defense had two captains, they lost both. What is your point exactly? You trying to say 1 of the 2 offensive captains should step in and become the immediate emotional and communication leaders of the defense too? lol

I never said the defense was a reason for losing the game. LOL Nice try on a spin move. Ha! What I pointed out was despite all of that they still gave the offense a TD and only let up 20 points in regulation.

I did not even bring up the fact that the Patriots were winning at halftime then  the offense has a pick 6 on it's first possession of the half followed by 3 straight 3 and outs. That might have played a part in the 17-0 3rd qtr don't ya think? 

...but I do love how you show your naivety to the situation and dig deeper instead of saying oh that's right I forgot about all of that. **shaking head **

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What if someone told you in the preseason a Super Bowl contending team would lose thier all world nose tackle, their other starting D tackle, their leading tackler/best linebacker, best corner for a length, their third down runningback, their all pro right tackle and yet have a chance to be 7-2, leading their division going into the bye.

This team has players like Dane Fletcher, Jamie Collins, Chris Jones, Brandon Bolden, Marcus Cannon, Logan Ryan to step in and cover these losses...

Midseason MVP = the general manager

meatballs 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C is about right.  It doesn't matter if they lost several of their best players to IR, that could be the reason they are getting a C.

Yes, Talib is an A when he is in there, he has missed a few games, he isn't helping the team on the bench.  Should he stil get an A?

Edelman was getting an A the first few weeks but he has done nothing since, do you really give him an A?  Gronk has done well the few games been in A-, Amendola gets an F, Brady C, Oline C.

Logan has come in and done very well, I agree an A.  Dobson and Thompkings are easily C's.  Where has Thompkins been?  They both are very spotty.  And the drops and not getting open, yes easily C's.  Yes, Jones has been very good but big blunder on ST, lost us the jets game. 

Spikes get's a B, Hightower D, Nink A-, McCorty A, Gregory A-, Dennard B+, Arrington F, Cole D, D line C.

Does this cover everyone?

Not going to take the time to add those all up and get averages but I would say this team is probably a C right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just an example? OK enlighten us to all the other examples please.

haha suitability is based on experience doing the job. Once again you are focusing on and referencing one game, the game you say is not what you are focusing on. How many points did they give up in that 2nd game of experience making the calls?

You obviously have no idea how often backups get reps, in a given role, even "in Practice" let alone real in game experience doing it. While he is a starter he is a backup with the dot. 

Are you actually trying to state the BB has his teams ill prepared or less prepared for such situations than other teams in the league?

The defense had two captains, they lost both. What is your point exactly? You trying to say 1 of the 2 offensive captains should step in and become the immediate emotional and communication leaders of the defense too? lol

I never said the defense was a reason for losing the game. LOL Nice try on a spin move. Ha! What I pointed out was despite all of that they still gave the offense a TD and only let up 20 points in regulation.

I did not even bring up the fact that the Patriots were winning at halftime then  the offense has a pick 6 on it's first possession of the half followed by 3 straight 3 and outs. That might have played a part in the 17-0 3rd qtr don't ya think? 

...but I do love how you show your naivety to the situation and dig deeper instead of saying oh that's right I forgot about all of that. **shaking head **

[/QUOTE]

That's quite a long load of speculation.  Try writing about the team, not the poster.