Midseason Awards..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Midseason Awards..

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

One of the ongoing issues that rears its ugly head from time to time is the actual fact of the matter.  In point of fact (ugly word, I know) the Pats are 8th in the league rushing the football.  That would be top 25% (although that's math which has never been a noteworthy strength of mine).  I don't think that's a 'C' but perhaps I'm not being sufficiently analytical.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are 8th in total yards.  They are also four yards (965 to 961) from 10th.

Maybe this will help:

[/QUOTE]

And 11 yards shy of 6th. Your point is?

I must confess I have no idea what the above chart is supposed to reflect.  You said they were 'average at best' in the running game.  I pointed out that 8th in the league is not exactly average.  After that it kind of gets foggy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would give BB an award for having a deep roster.  Next man up is working so far.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

And no response from the BB haters who can't refute what is obviously true. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

At this point in time, I think it would be fair to say that BB may be in the midst of, perhaps, his most brilliant year of coaching/GMing ever in his career.  Granted, there is still a ways to go, but if the team continues to win, I don't think there is any doubt about it.  With the changes and adversity that this team has faced, to this point... I don't think there are many out there that could get this kind of performance from their players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point in time, I think it would be fair to say that BB may be in the midst of, perhaps, his most brilliant year of coaching/GMing ever in his career.  Granted, there is still a ways to go, but if the team continues to win, I don't think there is any doubt about it.  With the changes and adversity that this team has faced, to this point... I don't think there are many out there that could get this kind of performance from their players.

[/QUOTE]

Win vs adversity, yes maybe.  Depending what they do in the playoffs.  Losing Brady and going 11-5 was truly amazing.

This season is yet to go down in the history books so we need to just wait and see.

Sad to say but Bill has blown it on offense.  Had he brought Lloyd and Welker back, found a good replacement for Hernandez then this team would be true contenders to win it all, even with the season ending injuries to Wilfork and Mayo, and possibly Kelly.  Without those injuries and bringing Lloyd and Welker back and having a good replacement for Hernandez then it just might have been the greatest Patriots season ever, even better then 2007. I would already have my Super Bowl ticket order completed and my victory parade day planned out.

Sadly a few bad decisions will be very costly in the end.  We will once again be saying the this team was so close.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Win vs adversity, yes maybe.  Depending what they do in the playoffs.  Losing Brady and going 11-5 was truly amazing.

This season is yet to go down in the history books so we need to just wait and see.

Sad to say but Bill has blown it on offense.  Had he brought Lloyd and Welker back, found a good replacement for Hernandez then this team would be true contenders to win it all, even with the season ending injuries to Wilfork and Mayo, and possibly Kelly.  Without those injuries and bringing Lloyd and Welker back and having a good replacement for Hernandez then it just might have been the greatest Patriots season ever, even better then 2007. I would already have my Super Bowl ticket order completed and my victory parade day planned out.

Sadly a few bad decisions will be very costly in the end.  We will once again be saying the this team was so close.

[/QUOTE]

So when you debate another poster's point their opinion is not valid until the season plays out.

When you are making your point or expressing your opinion there is no need to allow for the season to play out.

I see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to msteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would give BB an award for having a deep roster.  Next man up is working so far.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patriots were without 4 of their defensive starters and still played well enough to get into overtime.  They had to play against the refs that day too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont think many awards are due. I would just say the Team collectively has shown a lot of heart and grit and deserve some mention and maybe BB gets a look for Coach of the year along with Andy Reid depending how 2nd half goes.

In a team sport like Football, you have to do a lot to stand out and I dont see any ONE player standing out above others.

I will say I believe C.J. has been the best defender as of late w/out Talib in there. He is our best pass rusher and maybe out best run defender on the line which is saying alot. C.J. for midseason MVP because he has been the only consistent force weekly(outside of our kicker). Everybody has been playing well and doing their job for the most part defensively. I dont have much good things to say about the offense other than...they find a way to get it done and are improving for the most part(O line stil spotty)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

25 players on the roster in the first 3 years of their careers, lots of young guys not only getting getting valuable experience, but actually contributing to the 6-2 record. Some of us expected going in there would be some growing pains on the offensive side for the first half of the year, which is exactly what we have seen. Multiple injuries to Amendola and Vareen haven't helped, either did the lenghty Gronk outage. But Gronk is now back and will get better each week. Amendola is back, and should be getting his timing back with TB. And Vareen will be back after the bye. The offense might just start looking a whole lot better by the time Denver gets here. The attacking defense looked good against Miami last week. Hopefully Sopaola (sp?) can help sure up the line against the run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think fan comments like these deserve an F.

[/QUOTE]

Who would you give higher marks to?

Running game:  Average at best

Receivers:  I was being kind

QB:  The numbers aren't good.

OL:  How many sacks?

Defense:  See graphic above

Coaches:  Suspect play calling.  If I agree with that retardo Rusty that the play selection needs help, there's a glaring issue.

GM:  Now, there's the "F" you were talking about, but pulled up to a "D-" with the move yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

Folks, there is only one grade that matters in the regular season - ranking in the division and ranking for home field advantage through the playoffs. The Patriots are doing fine on both those metrics at this point in the season. Hopefully, they end up at or near the top on both at the end of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given all that has happened with this team since game #1 - being at 6-2, there may not be a "superlative" individual player right now, with the exception of Talib, possibly, but, at mid-season, the Pats deserve an A-Team award for gutting it out every week and doing the best with what they have.  I do not think too many here would have thought the Pats would be at 6 - 2 right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  the team is 6-2 with what amounts to smoke and mirrors, and that could be considered a good thing or a bad thing, depending upon how seriously you take your entertainment, but if there's a Punch in the Face Award, I'd give it to Josh McDaniels . . .   just because we already knew.

Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well . . .  the team is 6-2 with what amounts to smoke and mirrors, and that could be considered a good thing or a bad thing, depending upon how seriously you take your entertainment, but if there's a Punch in the Face Award, I'd give it to Josh McDaniels . . .   just because we already knew.

Wink

[/QUOTE]

P-Mike.. as I have said in a previous discussion, the wins are not graded.  Look at Seattle's recent game against the Rams...  it was a win, but, darn ugly at that.  Does Seattle and their fans care?  Most likely not as not all wins will be pretty.  If smoke and mirrors keep leading to wins, just be happy it is working!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wink

P-Mike.. as I have said in a previous discussion, the wins are not graded.  Look at Seattle's recent game against the Rams...  it was a win, but, darn ugly at that.  Does Seattle and their fans care?  Most likely not as not all wins will be pretty.  If smoke and mirrors keep leading to wins, just be happy it is working!

[/QUOTE]

Well . . .  okay . . .   but do I still get to punch Josh McDaniels in the face?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If it makes you happy, and doesn't land you in jail, go for it!!  (-;

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Pats are a half dozen plays from being 8-0. They are also probably a dozen plays from being 3-5. Being 6-2 is a good thing. Looking for a big improvement from the offense in the second half of the season (although EEI says Gronk has a tweaked hammy), and barring more injuries, the defense to stand tall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What if someone told you in the preseason a Super Bowl contending team would lose thier all world nose tackle, their other starting D tackle, their leading tackler/best linebacker, best corner for a length, their third down runningback, their all pro right tackle and yet have a chance to be 7-2, leading their division going into the bye.

This team has players like Dane Fletcher, Jamie Collins, Chris Jones, Brandon Bolden, Marcus Cannon, Logan Ryan to step in and cover these losses...

Midseason MVP = the general manager

meatballs 

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much proof the "tackle" stat is pure Bullchit.  Like I've been saying all along.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Awards and stats mean nothing. Wins are all that matter. The Patriots are 6-2 because the players are making plays when the game is on the line. That is all you can ask for.

Also, I like the rebuild on offense. It is built for this and upcoming seasons. If the Patriots had stayed with the old then that's what they would be this and next year, old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when you debate another poster's point their opinion is not valid until the season plays out.

When you are making your point or expressing your opinion there is no need to allow for the season to play out.

I see.

[/QUOTE]

Um, Nice try.  Why does it always seem like people are out to get me?  Geez!

The statement by cyncalpatfan was "At this point in time, I think it would be fair to say that BB may be in the midst of, perhaps, his most brilliant year of coaching/GMing ever in his career"

I agree, he very well could be but as of right now I think losing Brady and going 11-5 was truly amazing and was his most brilliant work. 

But of course we can't say because we do have to wait until the season is over.  No??

I do think a few bad decisions will be very costly in the end.  We will once again be saying the this team was so close.

Would it make you feel better if I say "But of course we can't say because we do have to wait until the season is over"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see.

[/QUOTE]

Um, Nice try.  Why does it always seem like people are out to get me?  Geez!

The statement by cyncalpatfan was "At this point in time, I think it would be fair to say that BB may be in the midst of, perhaps, his most brilliant year of coaching/GMing ever in his career"

I agree, he very well could be but as of right now I think losing Brady and going 11-5 was truly amazing and was his most brilliant work. 

But of course we can't say because we do have to wait until the season is over.  No??

I do think a few bad decisions will be very costly in the end.  We will once again be saying the this team was so close.

Would it make you feel better if I say "But of course we can't say because we do have to wait until the season is over"

[/QUOTE

If you want to change it that's your perogative. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in your post seems like I may have hit a nerve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you...to date, 2008 is his most impressive acheivement for a full season.  To lose his franchise qb in the first game, but still be able to lead this team to an 11-5 record...amazing!

The question here, though, was about what we think about things here at the halfway mark.  Based upon that question, I believe that this season has the possibilty to become BB's most amazing season to date, for all of the reasons I already mentioned.

Honestly, I don't get all of the negativity that some here express about the newest pieces to the Patriots' offense.  From what I have seen, there has been steady improvement.  With some of the injured finding their way back to the playing field, it should only get better. 

I love to watch how BB manages this team.  He adjusts who plays and who sits based upon their match-ups with their competition.  Somehow, he keeps everyone involved.  It may not always make sense to those of us watching from the stands, but that doesn't matter.  The fact is, his methods generally work very well.  Based on that, I still have very high expectations for this year's team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Awards and stats mean nothing. Wins are all that matter. The Patriots are 6-2 because the players are making plays when the game is on the line. That is all you can ask for.

Also, I like the rebuild on offense. It is built for this and upcoming seasons. If the Patriots had stayed with the old then that's what they would be this and next year, old.

[/QUOTE]

Well said, sir.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

If you want to change it that's your perogative. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in your post seems like I may have hit a nerve.

[/QUOTE]

No change, no nerve but thanks for following me around here.  I have a nice little fan club.  Would you like me to send you a message everytime I post in a thread so you can try and find something wrong with my post or opinion?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

The question here, though, was about what we think about things here at the halfway mark.  Based upon that question, I believe that this season has the possibilty to become BB's most amazing season to date, for all of the reasons I already mentioned.

Honestly, I don't get all of the negativity that some here express about the newest pieces to the Patriots' offense.  From what I have seen, there has been steady improvement.  With some of the injured finding their way back to the playing field, it should only get better. 

I love to watch how BB manages this team.  He adjusts who plays and who sits based upon their match-ups with their competition.  Somehow, he keeps everyone involved.  It may not always make sense to those of us watching from the stands, but that doesn't matter.  The fact is, his methods generally work very well.  Based on that, I still have very high expectations for this year's team.

[/QUOTE]

What I think about halfway mark.  I think we don't have any weapons on offense.  I think we have a lot of injured players.  I think we are lucky to be 6-2.  I think with this team at the half way mark we will get beat in the playoffs by the more talented teams. 

Negativity?  Well look what Coach stuck us and the GOAT with on offense.  What was he thinking?  Week 9 coming up and we haven't found our identity yet.  The receivers are totally inconsistant where the heck was Thomkins last week?  I'm tired of hearing these guys are getting better, who are you trying to fool?  They aren't.  And the RB's, why was Ridley not playing more last week?  All I know is this is the week that Edelman and Amendola could and should both have a very good game.  If not then we need to wonder what is going on with these two guys, they have the most experience in the position.  Denfense has looked pretty good but we have some main goys gone for the season and Talib hurt again. 

I hope you are right but what I see is these guys really struggling when playing against more talented teams.

If we beat the Broncos then i promise I will shut up the rest of the season.  If we hit 12-4 or 11-5 and make it all the way to the AFCC then this will be Bill Belichicks most brilliant coaching ever.  If we win the Super Bowl then I will retire from posting on Patriots football forums as apparently I don't know what the heck I am talking about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

03 and 04 we had lots of injuries and starters as well. Im not saying BB aint doing well but the finished product is what? If not a SB than its no better than what he did then. TY law was out. We had Atrell Hawkins playing S, a journeyman CB.