MIKE ADAMS:"not even close, multi-speed WELKER is far superior to one-speed EDELMAN!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

MIKE ADAMS:"not even close, multi-speed WELKER is far superior to one-speed EDELMAN!"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10293692

saw this yesterday, just amazing.. pats are winning the intangible leverage game big time.. this is like '01.. messing with underdawgs like this is simply moronic! and he's actually playin in the game and will b doing a ton of helping for the old bailey (havent forgotten '05) and the simple scrubby Jammer. methinks edelman comes in like a laser and bull to dominate this game and seek out Adams.. jeez! can hear it now, "cant wait to get the other adams in my mouth now that this one was stomped all over the field!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: MIKE ADAMS:

right on Commia - bring on the trash talk and motivational fuel...media, Broncos players, who cares. 

We'll play the underdog card and revel in it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Oscarismydog. Show Oscarismydog's posts

I actually couldn't believe this when i read it.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

1) Edelman might not be a "home run hitter", in terms of his speed. But if you've watched him at all this year, he has a few different gears. He's elusive and quick in a phone booth. And also has a very nice burst to breakaway for 30-40 yard gain at any time.

2) I've seen almost every single one their snaps that they have played throughout their career. And if anyone only has one speed it's Welker. He was a great player while he was here but I have to say I was/am glad we moved on.

3) Does Adams not understand that his secondary is just awful and lost their best player? Actually the only CB that played well for them this year. Harris had a very good year and will be tough to replace. It hurts more considering their playing the Pats who have multiple "slot" wr's who can beat you at any one time.

I'm a big "lets not ignore the obvious guy". Denver's secondary has been poor all year and just got worse. This isn't 2005. Their CB's are old and slow. It was painful to watch them try to cover this year. Especially Jammer. Why he hasn't been coverted to S is beyond me. I doubt he'll ever play CB again after this year. I'm expecting us to use some of the same "pick" routes this week that he struggled with against SD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Oscarismydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Edelman might not be a "home run hitter", in terms of his speed. But if you've watched him at all this year, he has a few different gears. He's elusive and quick in a phone booth. And also has a very nice burst to breakaway for 30-40 yard gain at any time.

2) I've seen almost every single one their snaps that they have played throughout their career. And if anyone only has one speed it's Welker. He was a great player while he was here but I have to say I was/am glad we moved on.

3) Does Adams not understand that his secondary is just awful and lost their best player? Actually the only CB that played well for them this year. Harris had a very good year and will be tough to replace. It hurts more considering their playing the Pats who have multiple "slot" wr's who can beat you at any one time.

I'm a big "lets not ignore the obvious guy". Denver's secondary has been poor all year and just got worse. This isn't 2005. Their CB's are old and slow. It was painful to watch them try to cover this year. Especially Jammer. Why he hasn't been coverted to S is beyond me. I doubt he'll ever play CB again after this year. I'm expecting us to use some of the same "pick" routes this week that he struggled with against SD.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is faster than welker straight line and just about as quick as him in a phone booth. Plus Edelman is stronger and harder to bring down. There is a reason he is the best PR of all time. Big difference is Edelman is the 1-2 WR and welker is 2-3 Wr if you count their TE. Would much rather have Edelman, his skill set is far more diverse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is faster than welker straight line and just about as quick as him in a phone booth. Plus Edelman is stronger and harder to bring down. There is a reason he is the best PR of all time. Big difference is Edelman is the 1-2 WR and welker is 2-3 Wr if you count their TE. Would much rather have Edelman, his skill set is far more diverse.

[/QUOTE]

good points, but the biggest difference is the age and miles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What I was thinking myself, Edelman is all around faster than Wes. =D

40 yard, cone, 20 yard...whatever. Julian is the superior athlete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It is funny because Julian is faster than Wes. But I agree - the difference is now age (and Julian has yet to drop a game winning SB or AVC championship game pass).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

yep the other argument is that its no coincidence that welk has been on 2 teams that have smashed all-time scoring records in terms of this year's denver team and of course the 2007 team.. felt wek can change speeds within areas.. felt as a slotslut he
     turns more tricks and is a far harder cover.. doesnt feel edelman gets the nuance and subtleties of the position.. but i say as an overall WR, its no comparison for jules is everywhere.. they feel its like a pitcher with just a fastball with no changeup.. i say if ur mariano whats the point.. i dont get this debate at all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is funny because Julian is faster than Wes. But I agree - the difference is now age (and Julian has yet to drop a game winning SB or AVC championship game pass).

[/QUOTE]

Ouch