Mike Leach = great offensive coordinator?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mike Leach = great offensive coordinator?

As we know he was just fired from Texas Tech for (probably) mistreating a kid by putting him in a small dark space... no good... and he has an abrasive (could also be called fun) personality, once blaming a loss on guys listening to their "fat little girlfiends"

but....

He is described as a "quirky, nonconformist with a pass-happy offense" 

He is the winningest coach in school history and Texas Tech has had eight quarterbacks lead the nation in passing.

Hmmm

The Pats would be wise to add a better WR, via draft, trade(Bouldin?), FA this winter to the aging (Moss) and overworked (Welker) duo. They could also use some Charlie Weis like creativity and a guy with personality and cache who would let Bill focus entirely on the D.

[He also coached Welker at Texas Tech]

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Mike Leach = great offensive coordinator?

I'm not sure the "loose cannon" is a personality type Belichick would be looking for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

posted at 12/30/2009 4:02 PM EST

First: 11/13/2006
    Last: 12/30/2009
    As we know he was just fired from Texas Tech for (probably) mistreating a kid by putting him in a small dark space... no good... and he has an abrasive (could also be called fun) personality, once blaming a loss on guys listening to their "fat little girlfiends"

Does anyone have pictures of the girlfriends? I'd like to see if he is an honest man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"Does anyone have pictures of the girlfriends? I'd like to see if he is an honest man."

Lol...my guess would be no.  They're probably all smoking hot Texas babes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not a big fan of college to NFL coaches or vice versa.  The games are different for a lot of reasons but the biggest is recruiting.  Recruitment is no factor in the NFL and is the biggest factor in college.  If he wants to prove he can coach in the NFL, let him try it somewhere else, it's too big of a risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The Patriots aren't going to change their entire offensive system ten years into Tom Brady's career.  This system works, and Leach runs a completely different system that probably couldn't work in the NFL anyway.

The most likely scenario is that Bill O'Brien continues to grow into the role and improve, the way Josh McDaniels did (he was shaky at first too).  The only other scenario I see as somewhat plausible is Charlie Weis coming in to advise or run the offense.  Again, the system is not going to change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

rameakap like the idea of a new O cord, but living in Ariz the Pats have no chance at Bolden he wants lots of green!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@pyegian...I believe you hit the nail on the head.  As much as most of us wish and dream for BB to bring in a legitimate OC, I highly doubt he will.  I believe he will stick with OBrien and his stale offensive scheme and see if he can work it out. 

Weis is not going to come back to NE, especially if he is offered a HC position (Buffalo).  He is a pretty "confident" guy and I believe that he is going to want to go to a place were he can be the "star".

BB prefers to "bring up" guys that know his system.  NO OUTSIDERS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The only outsider I think would be accepted by BB is Rick Myer.  Leach's personality is not even close to be tolerated by BB and his staff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I understand Isaiah Thomas is still available.

After that, we could call Matt Millen.

Does Larry Brown have a job yet? 

Is Carmen Policy's number listed?

Maybe we should wait for Zorn to become available. And Blache, too. 

I bet Jeff George still has that old competitive fire burning.

Joe Thiesmann is also just itching to play, but Sonny Jurgenson will probably beat him to the phone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The spread works great against the crappy defenses that TTU plays against.  If you're going to run it in the NFL, you better pick your spots and have the right personnel.  It's not like it's anything innovative or new or that Leach is some mad genius.  The Pats have been running it for years.  If they were going in that direction, might as well bring in Mike Martz.  At least he's been around the NFL block.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Martz!  I knew I was forgetting someone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Is Mouse Davis still alive?  He could run it too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I heard Mouse said he was up for it, but only if the Pats sign Barnes and Holloway. He won't go with Kelly because of the whole Bills thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Not a good fit what so ever. He would clash with big bad Bill and this is Bill's house.