Mike Lombardi Out as G.M. of Browns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Mike Lombardi Out as G.M. of Browns

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maybe Lombardi has never impressed in any job he's had. He may be a BB disciple and the browns may be a joke but the guys not successful and never has been in any job he's run the show. That's a fact, as I said he may have been unlucky this time but he's never done well

[/QUOTE]

He's only had two roles other than working with BB and Bill Walsh.  He worked for Al Davis and now Haslem.

lol

Those are arguably the two worst working environments of the last 20 years in the NFL.

I mean....It starts at the top.  When you graduate from BC someday, you'll get this. I can guarantee you the older people on this board who are in professional working environments, who are good at what they do, can share stories of working for good and bad organizations.

You can either be set up to succeed or still be good and fail, literally based off the overall leadership, business model and environment.

[/QUOTE]

Well that's pathetic of you once again but hey why don't you just get hopped up on vodka red bulls and go study for a test, see how well that goes! 

Bottom line on Lombardi, the raw factual information states that he can't do it alone! On top of that I think the only reason you give him a break is because he's a BB disciple if he was just another guy who'd had several jobs in the league and failed at each of them would you feel the same?

The entire time he's been a GM he's had 1, i'll say that again ONE QB that you could even semi consider a franchise QB and even that guy just happened to play the worst game of his career in the most important game of his career (he gets a break considering his former head coach was in charge of the other team). You've stated so many times recently it's a QB league I can't count. 

[/QUOTE]

I literally have no idea what you just wrote and I am fairly certain no one else does either.

Good luck with whatever affliction it is that you are battling at this time.

[/QUOTE]

Hey instead of being offensive to me please tell me where i've made my mistakes and by all means i'll clarify my argument. I'm pretty sure if you have a brain you'll understand what I wrote, in fact i'm pretty sure you pretty much have to agree with what i've said therefore you've went to the insults...as usual!

[/QUOTE]

I lost you at Red Bull and vodka with test taking.  Pretty much skimmed the rest and have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever.

Your first post also claimed that Lombardi is not good at what he does and that "it's a fact".

The educated adult would not call that a fact at all. They would realize Al Davis was a loony bird and Haslem isn't far off from being a horrendous owner as well.

[/QUOTE]

Just as you brought up the Boston College thing I brought up something you've said in the past that I thought was stupid. To remind you what that was during the Adderall debate you told me a few vodka and red bulls had the same effect as Adderall, do you not remember?

A fact is a scientifically proven opinion, i'm going by what i've observed with my eyes. You're going by a common opinion (I believe this opinion but he should still have done a better job). Show me where Lombardi has been successful when given the rains and i'll concede straight away, i'm not unreasonable. Where are the franchise QBs, Rich Gannon is all he has. If he was such a good talent evaluator he'd have started Hoyer from game 1 last year as he was very clearly the best QB on the team but no he started Weeden a QB taken early the year prior...I could understand the GM from that draft wanting to stick with Weeden to save face but why did Lombardi do it...please explain? It's a QB league, it's the most important position and he makes bad decisions when it comes to QBs. That's how I see it anyway

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow. Banner actually quit, too. lol

Randy Lerner should just sell the team if he's not interested.  Why do owners constantly knee jerk around? It never works.  Poor leadership.  

Raiders, Browns, Lions, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, etc, these teams have terrible ownership in terms of not having a set 3 year plan in place and simple patience.  All about the owners. It starts at the top. Always does.

I wonder if this has to do with Brandon Weeden and the QB situation?

[/QUOTE]

I said when Chud was fired that there was a division in Cleve, and Lombardi was going to be out. THat was what, 6 weeks ago. At that time you called me a liar, rumor monger and a shat stiring fool...care to apologize, or do you want to deny it all?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Randy Lerner should just sell the team if he's not interested.  Why do owners constantly knee jerk around? It never works.  Poor leadership.  

Raiders, Browns, Lions, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, etc, these teams have terrible ownership in terms of not having a set 3 year plan in place and simple patience.  All about the owners. It starts at the top. Always does.

[/QUOTE]

I said when Chud was fired that there was a division in Cleve, and Lombardi was going to be out. THat was what, 6 weeks ago. At that time you called me a liar, rumor monger and a shat stiring fool...care to apologize, or do you want to deny it all?

[/QUOTE]

You never predicted Banner and Lombardi would resign. Never.  We'll happily await that one. lmao

I thought I was on Ignore? You continuing to lie constantly like this simply will not work.

Everyone knows you to be a liar.

[/QUOTE]

I knew you would deny it...typical.

I never said Banner, only Lombardi

I already mentioned it, and you read it, you were on ignore for 1 month, and I took you off Monday to see what was going on...same old you I see

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

LMAO! Lombardi = GM failure

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Lombardi is an excellent evaluator of talent. Cleveland was very competitive this past season and they would have improved again this year. I'm sure noone noticed but Pete Carroll's administrations didn't eveolve over night, it took him 3 years to right the good ship Seahawks... So rapid are our judgements of others.

[/QUOTE]

True. All the Browns really needed was a QB and a wr to play opposite Gordan. They had something good going with Hoyer until he got injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

I already mentioned it, and you read it, you were on ignore for 1 month, and I took you off Monday to see what was going on...same old you I see

[/QUOTE]

Didn't he insist that Lombardi would be around longer than Idzik? This was what a month ago? Lol the rust bag with yet another swing and miss...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Oh god.  Adderall.  Yes, I know remember.  That was when you said it was as dangerous as Sudafed, also on the banned list, while everyone runs around the NFL blowing out ACLs, hammies and Achilles on HGH all the time.

Ugh.

Now you're backpedaling asking why Lombardi was forced to let Weeden start a second year?

Go ask Haslem that. He's the one who didn't can Holmgren sooner and if he had, the Weeden pick never happens.

Is it this difficult to understand? Cleveland is a mess because of a moron owner.  Some of these owners make a lot of money in other areas and think they know more than the people they hire.

The irony is, Lombardi was a great hire and him reporting into Banner, a guy who had success for years in Philly, was an apparent strong bond there with no ego.

That's what you want. Who knows why Banner and Lombardi are quitting specifically other than a meddling owner, but you can bank on it being all about Haslem being a moron.

You have to PAY for your head coach of choice. KC just figured that out.  Clevelan didn't. Lombardi wanted Chip Kelly and Haslem wouldn't pay to outbid Philly.   Also, the fears of coaches going in there are tied to Haslem, not Banner or Lombardi.

Finally, I really don't feel you should be challenging my opinion as a BC student when you say things like "given the rains".

This is why you are seen as a kid here who doesn't know anything. You claimed I attacked you when you clearly started in with me, and now you've proceeded to go off the rails, wildly stumbling and backpedaling.

Look at any franchise with a meddling owner. Tell me which one succeeds.

Tell the board:

NAME ONE FRANCHISE

[/QUOTE]

Hey as far as I can tell you're the only one that knows anything about me...everyone else isn't as involved with the forum as you seem to be. 

Rusty man look at the thread I gave an opinion, it wasn't to do with you at all. Where do you even get that out of?

It's fine to blame it on the owner over and over but then you have to wonder why on earth Lombardi puts himself in these situations? 

Do you think the owner really made them start anyone, do you think that the owner has made Lombardi start the QB of his choice in every job he's ever had? That's pure speculation I just don't accept speculation as fact. The only thing that matters to me is the win loss column and as a GM he's 72-104 for around a 41% winning record in fact Oakland were a solid team when he entered the organisation and by the time he left they were a laughing stock. Now that might have alot to do with Al Davis but it can't all be blamed on him.

And to answer your question: Art Modell got a ring as a shi tty owner!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Lombardi is an excellent evaluator of talent. Cleveland was very competitive this past season and they would have improved again this year. I'm sure noone noticed but Pete Carroll's administrations didn't eveolve over night, it took him 3 years to right the good ship Seahawks... So rapid are our judgements of others.

True. All the Browns really needed was a QB and a wr to play opposite Gordan. They had something good going with Hoyer until he got injured.

Lombardi had a good, solid first draft and was in the midst of cleaning up their her books, either locking down the players they wanted to keep or to move on from the ones who they didn't.

It's moronic to think messes like that can be fixed overnight.

[/QUOTE]

Yes thats true. I was suprised though, how quick Lombardi was doing it. I saw them sneaking into the playoffs when Hoyer was starting. That division was fairly weak this past year. The Richardson trade was an excellent move by the way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You never predicted Banner and Lombardi would resign. Never.  We'll happily await that one. lmao

I thought I was on Ignore? You continuing to lie constantly like this simply will not work.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't.  Post where you said this, please.  

The board is in tears watching you say "I took you off Ignore" to see what you're saying on the heels of you claiming I am on Ignore and me somehow "stalking" you. 

YOU are stalking me, Krapper.

[/QUOTE]

posted at 1/1/2014 6:43 AM EST

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 2/11/2014

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly this is about brandon weeden. Lombardi does not like weeden.

[/QUOTE]

it is about Jason Campbell. Lombo and Chud wanted to play some one else for development, even Alex Tanny, or sign McElroy for development, or play Weeden to build some equity to move him. but Haslem and Banner over ruled Lombo and Chud to play Campbell.

Things arent kosher in Brownieville, and I think Lombo is not long there either...2-3 years tops. might make Josh think twice

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh god.  Adderall.  Yes, I know remember.  That was when you said it was as dangerous as Sudafed, also on the banned list, while everyone runs around the NFL blowing out ACLs, hammies and Achilles on HGH all the time.

Ugh.

Now you're backpedaling asking why Lombardi was forced to let Weeden start a second year?

Go ask Haslem that. He's the one who didn't can Holmgren sooner and if he had, the Weeden pick never happens.

Is it this difficult to understand? Cleveland is a mess because of a moron owner.  Some of these owners make a lot of money in other areas and think they know more than the people they hire.

The irony is, Lombardi was a great hire and him reporting into Banner, a guy who had success for years in Philly, was an apparent strong bond there with no ego.

That's what you want. Who knows why Banner and Lombardi are quitting specifically other than a meddling owner, but you can bank on it being all about Haslem being a moron.

You have to PAY for your head coach of choice. KC just figured that out.  Clevelan didn't. Lombardi wanted Chip Kelly and Haslem wouldn't pay to outbid Philly.   Also, the fears of coaches going in there are tied to Haslem, not Banner or Lombardi.

Finally, I really don't feel you should be challenging my opinion as a BC student when you say things like "given the rains".

This is why you are seen as a kid here who doesn't know anything. You claimed I attacked you when you clearly started in with me, and now you've proceeded to go off the rails, wildly stumbling and backpedaling.

Tell the board:

NAME ONE FRANCHISE

[/QUOTE]

Hey as far as I can tell you're the only one that knows anything about me...everyone else isn't as involved with the forum as you seem to be. 

Rusty man look at the thread I gave an opinion, it wasn't to do with you at all. Where do you even get that out of?

It's fine to blame it on the owner over and over but then you have to wonder why on earth Lombardi puts himself in these situations? 

Do you think the owner really made them start anyone, do you think that the owner has made Lombardi start the QB of his choice in every job he's ever had? That's pure speculation I just don't accept speculation as fact. The only thing that matters to me is the win loss column and as a GM he's 72-104 for around a 41% winning record in fact Oakland were a solid team when he entered the organisation and by the time he left they were a laughing stock. Now that might have alot to do with Al Davis but it can't all be blamed on him.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize Lombardi was recruited by the Raiders and Browns, correct?  Did you just say the Raiders debacle is not to be blamed on Al Davis?

bawhaha

awbahaha

You act like there are a lot of great owners out there.  There aren't. Many are morons who then meddle or hire crappy GMs who think there is no cap and dodn't know how to teambuild in this era.

When you're a crappy team like Cleveland, you need 3 years to get the ship straightened out a bit. So, they hired the right guy to fix that mess, but clearly there was a disconnect between Chudzinski asking Lombardi to cut players, which led to Lombardi looking for someone else who doesn't think he's a GM.

Chudzinski needed to be a coach and Lombardi, the GM.  Chud didn't get it, so he's gone. Lombardi needed 2 more years to getting out of ddodge, it's pretty clear, what Banner and Lombardi were sold by Haslem, wasn't really true.

You're a kid. You have absolutely no experiences with business relationships. Just forget it.

It's so simple, as I've stated here many times:

1. Good owner that cares and doesn't meddle with patience.

2. Cap-wise GM who gets the teambuild comes through the draft and player development, more so than FA.

3. Coach/QB

Lombardi is #2, but it's clear he didn't get 1 or 3. I would never accept a GM role without #1 or control of #3.

Haslem is being blasted by Browns fans and now he's about to make it worse, concerned about whiny Browns fans who don't have any patience.

[/QUOTE]

Once again I didn't say it wasn't Davis' fault but it's not all his fault, was Lombardi just in Oakland to recieve a pay check for 9 years, where are this mans nuts!?

You didn't really respond to my post you answered what suited you to make yourself feel better, why does it matter if he was recruited or if he went begging for the job he still took the job, that's like working in a sewage plant and expecting to never smell shi t? Furthermore he's still a failure at his job...tell me the other GMs you'd employ with a 41% winning record?

Every man who ever worked under BB isn't BB, BB is special and a once ever sort of football mind...it's also been 17 years since BB and Lombardi worked together do you think things are run exactly the same in New England as they were 17 years ago in Cleveland?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Tell the board:

NAME ONE FRANCHISE

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You do realize Lombardi was recruited by the Raiders and Browns, correct?  Did you just say the Raiders debacle is not to be blamed on Al Davis?

bawhaha

awbahaha

You act like there are a lot of great owners out there.  There aren't. Many are morons who then meddle or hire crappy GMs who think there is no cap and dodn't know how to teambuild in this era.

When you're a crappy team like Cleveland, you need 3 years to get the ship straightened out a bit. So, they hired the right guy to fix that mess, but clearly there was a disconnect between Chudzinski asking Lombardi to cut players, which led to Lombardi looking for someone else who doesn't think he's a GM.

Chudzinski needed to be a coach and Lombardi, the GM.  Chud didn't get it, so he's gone. Lombardi needed 2 more years to getting out of ddodge, it's pretty clear, what Banner and Lombardi were sold by Haslem, wasn't really true.

You're a kid. You have absolutely no experiences with business relationships. Just forget it.

It's so simple, as I've stated here many times:

1. Good owner that cares and doesn't meddle with patience.

2. Cap-wise GM who gets the teambuild comes through the draft and player development, more so than FA.

3. Coach/QB

Lombardi is #2, but it's clear he didn't get 1 or 3. I would never accept a GM role without #1 or control of #3.

Haslem is being blasted by Browns fans and now he's about to make it worse, concerned about whiny Browns fans who don't have any patience.

[/QUOTE]

Once again I didn't say it wasn't Davis' fault but it's not all his fault, was Lombardi just in Oakland to recieve a pay check for 9 years, where are this mans nuts!?

You didn't really respond to my post you answered what suited you to make yourself feel better, why does it matter if he was recruited or if he went begging for the job he still took the job, that's like working in a sewage plant and expecting to never smell shi t? Furthermore he's still a failure at his job...tell me the other GMs you'd employ with a 41% winning record?

Every man who ever worked under BB isn't BB, BB is special and a once ever sort of football mind...it's also been 17 years since BB and Lombardi worked together do you think things are run exactly the same in New England as they were 17 years ago in Cleveland?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's as simple as him raising kids in the bay area and not wanting to move from the area and him getting a job in that area?  As you can see he never left the west coast even after leaving the Raiders in 2007. Also, we can probably thank him for Moss, too. lol

He actually did a lot of nice work there in the role he was in working on cap based contracts for veterans like Floyd Reese did here.  Absolutely. Oakland was in the SB in 2002 and he also brought in a guy like Warren Sapp as well.

It was the drafting that Al Davis screwed up like clockwork, year after year.  Lombardi was not in charge of that part of it.

Do your homework.

Christ, he was the lead scout ('84-'87) for Bill Walsh reporting to him and SF had a tremendous 1986 draft under John McVay that year, which propelled them into back to back SB titles in 1988 and 1989.

You act like he's not a good evaluator or a guy who doesn't get the cap recipe to succeed.

He does.

[/QUOTE]

You claim he understands the cap, why then did they go to a superbowl and regress so awfully? I have a feeling they were probably suffering from your favourite ailment i.e. cap hell.

What does being a scout have to do with being a GM especially when you say he had little to do with the drafts, could it be he knows a talent when he sees it but has no idea what to pay for said talent maybe he hasn't got a great grasp of the cap? 

Look Rusty, where are the wins? They don't exist...really all the matters in this league. Also don't be hypocritical and say that Davis ruined every draft when he had drafted a .500 to winning team for Lombardi to manage when he came into Oakland, I think what happened was Lombardi went all in to win the superbowl in the period between 00 and 02 and after that the team was ruined because of cap hell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't.  Post where you said this, please.  

The board is in tears watching you say "I took you off Ignore" to see what you're saying on the heels of you claiming I am on Ignore and me somehow "stalking" you. 

YOU are stalking me, Krapper.

[/QUOTE]

posted at 1/1/2014 6:43 AM EST

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 2/11/2014

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly this is about brandon weeden. Lombardi does not like weeden.

[/QUOTE]

it is about Jason Campbell. Lombo and Chud wanted to play some one else for development, even Alex Tanny, or sign McElroy for development, or play Weeden to build some equity to move him. but Haslem and Banner over ruled Lombo and Chud to play Campbell.

Things arent kosher in Brownieville, and I think Lombo is not long there either...2-3 years tops. might make Josh think twice

[/QUOTE]

You said 2-3 years and made NO MENTION of Banner also not having confidence in the support from Haslem.

You tried to make it about Lombardi somehow failing when it's not the case. This is about money.

As usual.

So, you're wrong again. You speculated "2-3 years". Anyone can tell that Chudzinski being canned that last year was a waste. I said it would be a waste in year 1 anyway as long as Haslem wanted Weeden since  1st rd pick was used on him the year prior.

Voila, the crappy Weeden somehow beats out the superior Hoyer and it's a waste. Both Hoyer or even Campbell played better, as suggested.

Weeden sucks. 

[/QUOTE]

Bwhahaha! First I said Lombardi was at odds with the owner. You said he wasnt. I said he would not last more than 2-3 years. You said I was wrong. He lasted 13 months.

I never mentioned Banner, that was surpise to me

Yet you were right and I was wrong?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Haslem has owned the Browns, what, a year and a half? It will be a surprise to everyone if he isn't indited on the fuel skimming/surcharge issue.

The league already has a plan in place if he's indited. He will have to step down and continued ownership becomes in doubt.

One may wonder if it's why JM said....hmm....never mind.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.