MIKE MARTZ AS OFFENSIVE COODINATOR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

MIKE MARTZ AS OFFENSIVE COODINATOR?

this is a guy who can bring creativity and stand up to belichick! his personality will be perfect for the pats! he's as close to weis as anyone else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: MIKE MARTZ AS OFFENSIVE COODINATOR?

I've already suggested this several times and have been run out of town on a rail several times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Why not?  Wasnt he behind the "Greatest Show on Turf"?  He would be light years better than O"Brien!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Fishtaco64

Belichick needs to worry about living up to his name as the defensive genius. Let Mike Martz run the offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll go back to something I said earlier in the season.  How long does a system remain relevant?  I maintain that no system, however good, remains effective for eternity.  Good systems are imitated.  This, in conjunction with the passing of seasons, leads to a large volume of film to study, and a large body of knowledge by opponents about your system.  This is true for both offense and defense.  The Pats have had the same system for about 10 years.  Granted, our system has changed tendencies over this period, but it is still essentially the same system.

All that said, our problems this year cannot be entirely blamed on any system.  There were a number of reasons that have been pointed out over the season.  However, I would not fight someone coming in to "rock the boat" on both offense and defense.  You can't stop innovating and expect to stay on top.  This is true whether or not you are talking football, business, or warfare.  Your opponents/competitors will ALWAYS adapt to you if you stand still.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Too pass oriented. I would like this team go back to the Corey Dillon smashmouth, short pass game. Scout and draft the next Ben Coats, scout and draft the next Sam Gash, scout and draft the next Dillon. Rebuild the oline, keep Mankins Vollmer, scout and draft the best center, and guard. Martz would have TB throwing 40 times a game....I don't want to see that,TB should throw 25 times and hand off more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I like the idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Sorry you have no credability on here at all, you say Cassell would have won yesterday, and the countless other things you say that are garbage. 100% garbage!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Careful with Martz. Didn't he get rid of Warner after one bad season in favor of Bulger. Martz loves skill players and he definately knew how to use them. He never seemed to care that much about that offensive line though. He would spread them all out even as Warner was getting clobbered. He would then complain that Warner was holding the ball too long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

ccness, but I think that would be tough for him to do with Belichick lurking...

I wasn't too sold on this idea at the beginning but it's growing on me.

When it comes to systems, I disagree and my point may be a loose one. Look at Phil Jackson/Tex Winter's triangle offense. That's been around for over two decades and it's still working. Perhaps if you have the talent to execute within the system, no scouting can help opposing teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

yeah he's a genius. He has arguably the best player in the entire NFL at the time of the 2001 super bowl and never uses him.

No one but Martz cost his team that superbowl.

In 2002 the Rams had a see saw year and many faulted Martz for his tendency to emphasize the pass too much and not run Faulk more.

In 2003, in the NFC title game, the Rams had the ball on the Panthers' 15 yard line with 42 seconds remaining and trailing by 3 points. Rather than go for the win in regulation, Martz made the controversial decision to run out the clock and settle for a game-tying field goal and overtime. The decision proved costly for the Rams as they lost in double overtime.

His coaching history pretty much reads the same for the whole thing. That is having a highly statistically ranked Offense but completely pass happy and unbalanced.

All of which always seemingly leading to his demise and firing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I don't think anyone really questions his offensive knowledge but he ultimately always ends up butting heads. I am quite sure if Singletary actually thought Martz would run the more ball control offense that he wanted then he would had kept him.

He obviously wasn't convinced of that. Martz was also the guy that lobbied for JT O who as we know was replaced and shipped off.

I guess I am just not really feeling it but who knows what they will do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Mike Martz and Bill Belichick together? Wow, there's two guys with personalities of a pet rock.

Seriously Martz was discussed when the were looking for the head coach after Carrol. He's got that nerdy mad scientist way about him, and a hair trigger temper just like Bill. Yeah, he could do a lot of positive things with this offense.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

sure maybe we can get norv turner for our d coordinator. Wait maybe we van get matt millen for GM. Who comes up with these ideas?