mike REISS:"prior to camp, i was certain TEBOW would b CUT, now i would be shocked if he didn't make the TEAM!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

mike REISS:"prior to camp, i was certain TEBOW would b CUT, now i would be shocked if he didn't make the TEAM!"

got that jabros? thats how quickly things change and how fast it takes the mainstream media to get their wagons following the commy's band lead! reiss actually said he had a great practice minus 2 shaky throws and that the fans were electric watching him esp on a few sprints and sprint-throws out of the pocket. loved what he saw of him in the receiver cone drills where he had to catch a pass and make a move in closed space against a defender. feels he'll make a difference and really help this team. you just cant quit the TEBOW! minus injuries, he could create a qb controversy ny mid-season as well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: mike REISS:

"you just cant quit the TEBOW! minus injuries, he could create a qb controversy ny mid-season as well!"

Wanna bet? 

That's the dumbest thing you have ever said in here. 

I was listening today about how Tebow was struggling still with his incredibly slow release. 

I don't think he'll even make #2 QB on the depth chart by midseason. 

Plenty of guys have played well in shirts and shorts, doesn't matter. 

I am kinda happy to have Tebow on the team only because I think his positive attitude is particularly helpful in the wake of Hernandez. 

Otherwise he's not particularly relevant. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He threw two INT's in that great practice...

By the way I googled your Mike Reiss quote and found nothing, zilch... quit making garbage up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They're trying their hardest to fit Tebow in, but Hernandez gets him axed. Hernandez being cut means the Pats need a TE to fill the hole left by both Gronk and Tebow. 

Tebow had a terrible first day, he threw a pick to Nate Ebner...(according to Reiss, he threw it between the 4 and 3) and Ebner isn't even a real football player yet.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

By the way I googled your Mike Reiss quote and found nothing, zilch... quit making garbage up.

And part of the crowd started chanting "Brady, Brady, Brady"

I like the guy, I'm hoping he makes the team, but I'm on the fence if he does or not.  Right now I am leaning towards yes... just barely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

ignore commy button.  i like it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Per Reiss;

3. If the NFL ultimately suspends Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard at the start of the regular season for his arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots wouldn’t have to count him on their 53-man roster. So in a twist that can benefit teams when a player gets suspended, the Patriots essentially would get to keep one more player than they would have otherwise (we saw that in 2008 when Kevin Faulk was suspended for the season opener). One thought on who that player could potentially be: Tim Tebow
    4. Watching Tebow in practice the last two days, it brought back recollections of something Bill Belichick said a while back when it came to quarterbacks with a knack for running. If I recall, the idea was that there is a necessary commitment teams must make if they go with a running quarterback, because the offense essentially has to be built around that quarterback. The issue is what if that quarterback gets injured? Do you have a No. 2 who can do the same thing? If you don’t, the offense essentially has to be rebuilt. Applying the same line of thinking to Tebow in New England, part of what makes the fit so unusual is that the system Tom Brady runs doesn’t seem to play to Tebow’s strengths. Tebow isn’t at his best as a pocket passer (which best defines Brady and top backup Ryan Mallett), but instead, when he’s on the move. So I’m starting to buy the line of thinking that Tebow’s greatest value to the team might come as a scout-team quarterback, if he ultimately sticks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Unless kraft forces BB to take Tebow BB is not wasting one of those precious 53 man roster spots on a QB who can't throw and a non QB (H-back/TE) who offers very limted skill sets for those positions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Only 2 QBs will make the opening day roster. Training camp just started, I get that, however based on Tebow time day one Tebow ain't getting one of the two spots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I've always maintained that if Tebow were willing to play another position he had an outside shot at making this roster, this was under the presumption he could block, catch, play special teams as well as run the scout team offense.  But if any of you are still holding out hope that this guy will be a QB in the NFL (for any team) than you're just blinded by faith.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I thought Commy was supposed to be a budding journalist? Making stuff up out of thin air is no way to start out. Anybody remember Jayson Blair? Or Steven Glass?

Then again, it's in line with the finest traditions of communist journalism, like Pravda and Tass. So keep up the good work comrade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Per Reiss;

3. If the NFL ultimately suspends Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard at the start of the regular season for his arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots wouldn’t have to count him on their 53-man roster. So in a twist that can benefit teams when a player gets suspended, the Patriots essentially would get to keep one more player than they would have otherwise (we saw that in 2008 when Kevin Faulk was suspended for the season opener). One thought on who that player could potentially be: Tim Tebow
    4. Watching Tebow in practice the last two days, it brought back recollections of something Bill Belichick said a while back when it came to quarterbacks with a knack for running. If I recall, the idea was that there is a necessary commitment teams must make if they go with a running quarterback, because the offense essentially has to be built around that quarterback. The issue is what if that quarterback gets injured? Do you have a No. 2 who can do the same thing? If you don’t, the offense essentially has to be rebuilt. Applying the same line of thinking to Tebow in New England, part of what makes the fit so unusual is that the system Tom Brady runs doesn’t seem to play to Tebow’s strengths. Tebow isn’t at his best as a pocket passer (which best defines Brady and top backup Ryan Mallett), but instead, when he’s on the move. So I’m starting to buy the line of thinking that Tebow’s greatest value to the team might come as a scout-team quarterback, if he ultimately sticks. 

Yeah I don't see the "shocked if he doesn't make the team" line anywhere.  I guess commie's quotations were actually his quotes about what Reis is probably really thinking...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

he said this on eei with dennis and callahan.. go check out the back episodes or go on itunes. the commy ALWAYS brings the truth... period!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

They're trying their hardest to fit Tebow in, but Hernandez gets him axed. Hernandez being cut means the Pats need a TE to fill the hole left by both Gronk and Tebow. 

Ahhh, AH was cut so they get a TE to fill that roster spot. How does this exclude TT?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think it's pretty funny that so many are sure TT is definitely not going to make the final cut.

Kraft goes WAY WAY WAY out of his way to praise the kid and posture what an asset he could be, (especially to a team reeling from having had an alleged murderer in their midst), but the resident experts think BB will trump Kraft going out on a public limb for Tebow by telling the guy who signs his checks, and the guy who drafted him in the 1st round, to both get lost because BB wants to keep some street scrub in that 53rd roster spot.

That doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

I'm not guaranteeing Tebow makes the team, but I think it a very far cry from certain that he won't based on any consideration for logic. The problem around here is that too many homers think that 53rd guy has any real value. Some 3rd string street scrub that can't get on the field even up against one of our mediocre starters, in NFL terms has basically zero value.

BB would not have signed Tebow if he was just going to give him a training camp and make McD look even worse for the effort when he cut him. And Kraft certainly wouldn't have played Tebow up if he knew it was all for show. TT is going to have to be terrible to get cut. (Not the terrible you guys imagine in your pretentious minds - actually terrible.)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

from Mike Reiss ESPN

Q. Obviously an important storyline for camp/preseason is what Tim Tebow's role on the team might be (if any). One of the theories is he could be a good scout quarterback for teams that have passers who break the pocket frequently. But in your opinion, is that really worth keeping Tebow, even on the practice squad? When I look at the schedule I only see three quarterbacks that could pose big problems with their legs (Newton, Brees and Flacco). And to be honest, Flacco isn't really a non-traditional QB either, he just is good at running when things break down. I continue to not see much point in having Tebow except just as a positive locker room influence through preseason. -- Alex (Wakefield, Mass.)

A. Alex, while trying to keep things in perspective when it comes to Tebow, I am fascinated by the possible fit with the Patriots. The reason I say trying to keep it in perspective is that on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of importance to the team, Tebow would be closer to the 1 than the 10. But there is obviously some value there in the eyes of the coaching staff, and I'm curious to see how it manifests itself. It's clear that Tebow is playing quarterback and nothing else (he just plays it differently than Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett). In our initial roster projections, I struggled to find a spot for Tebow. Now I'm rethinking that line of thinking.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

"...rethinking that line of thinking" does not equal "shocked if he doesn't make the team."  See the difference there? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

[QUOTE]

from Mike Reiss ESPN

Q. Obviously an important storyline for camp/preseason is what Tim Tebow's role on the team might be (if any). One of the theories is he could be a good scout quarterback for teams that have passers who break the pocket frequently. But in your opinion, is that really worth keeping Tebow, even on the practice squad? When I look at the schedule I only see three quarterbacks that could pose big problems with their legs (Newton, Brees and Flacco). And to be honest, Flacco isn't really a non-traditional QB either, he just is good at running when things break down. I continue to not see much point in having Tebow except just as a positive locker room influence through preseason. -- Alex (Wakefield, Mass.)

A. Alex, while trying to keep things in perspective when it comes to Tebow, I am fascinated by the possible fit with the Patriots. The reason I say trying to keep it in perspective is that on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of importance to the team, Tebow would be closer to the 1 than the 10. But there is obviously some value there in the eyes of the coaching staff, and I'm curious to see how it manifests itself. It's clear that Tebow is playing quarterback and nothing else (he just plays it differently than Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett). In our initial roster projections, I struggled to find a spot for Tebow. Now I'm rethinking that line of thinking.

Wow, that Commy.. Always on the $ with these things. Where are the jabromis to apologize for doubting his journalistic integrity and Fox-newsing him? He emphasized the Reiss said his quotes on EEI, this quote makes that credible for its essentially the same thing in a different format and context right out of the horse's mouth if you will!

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha and you pat yourself on the back.  Read attached signature. I agree with woozy stop making stuff up.