Mike Tomlin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Mike Tomlin

Hate the team, hate most of their players, really like the head coach though.  True professional.  Made no excuses during the postgame, gave all the credit to Green Bay.  Guy has swagger, guy can coach, and the guy is pretty young.

I wouldnt trade belichick for any coach in the world.  But I do wish BB would show some more humility during postgames of a loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: Mike Tomlin

Agree. I think he is a great coach and fits that team perfectly. They don't have many flaws and will be a contender every year. All they need is one more good CB and a better OL. Other than that, they are pretty much set for next 5 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

theyll be good next season, i wouldnt say set for the next 5 years tho. Hampton, Ward, Harrison, Keisel, Smith, Taylor, Farrior, etc are getting old.

Next season or the season after, i think ur gonna start seeing a huge decline in defensive play, unless they hit the draft

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Tomlin:
    [QUOTE]i disagree, yes he is a very good coach but sometimes it looks like a WWE wrestler, with the faces and the acting... he´s always looking for the cameras... i hate that... but yes, is a very good young coach...
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

You mean passion and intensity? I dont know what faces youre talking about. Some coaches are stoic, others are extremely emotional.  Both work under the right circumstances.  Tomlin is perfect for the Steelers, as I also believe BB is good for the pats

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Tomlin:
    [QUOTE]theyll be good next season, i wouldnt say set for the next 5 years tho. Hampton, Ward, Harrison, Keisel, Smith, Taylor, Farrior, etc are getting old. Next season or the season after, i think ur gonna start seeing a huge decline in defensive play, unless they hit the draft
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

Playing physical and hitting people in the mouth is the their tradition. When their veterans depart, they simply reload and acquire more physical intimidators.  Same thing with the Ravens.   They will not let their defense degrade like the Pats did after the 2005 season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Love this guy. Probably the only coach that could put on pads and lay someone out! HA. It was big of him to come in and not change up the style of defense and stick with what had been working. It'd be hard for a young, ambitious guy to not try and immediately put his fingerprints on the team. He's a great leader of men and I can respect that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

He is a true class act.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

BB gives credit when it's deserved.  He always commends the other team that beats him.

BB just doesn't like talking to the media period win or lose.  He's not the type of coach that hugs the media when he wins and pushes the aside when loses.  BB just pushes the media away no matter what.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Tomlin is awesome...classy guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

Seems like a stand up guy. As a coach it's Pete the Poodle.  Just a big cheerleader.  In BB's words "The Steelers...They do what they do".

When was the last time that the Steelers did ANYTHING that surprised you?

The Jets surprised me...The Steelers just come out with the same game plan, game after game...Year after year.  It's good for a decent amount of wins...But they will only get as far as the talent on the roster allows.  They certainly are not a team anyone would say has been "coached up".

Similar to Caldwell with the Colts.  NOT a top 10 coach.  NOT EVEN CLOSE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tomlin's been impressive, I think. In general, I like the Steelers  as a team -- and especially their physical approach to the game.  But I can't root for them with that QB they have now.  Glad the Pack won!