MMQB Andrew Brandt interesting take on Hern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

MMQB Andrew Brandt interesting take on Hern

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/20/aaron-hernandez-odin-lloyd-mark-chmura/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: MMQB Andrew Brandt interesting take on Hern

In response to rkarp's comment:

Good post.  I have been reading Bradt's NFP stuff from time to time.  Great inside info. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/20/aaron-hernandez-odin-lloyd-mark-chmura/

Good post.  I have been reading Bradt's NFP stuff from time to time.  Great inside info. 

What was the point of the article? To use the Hernandez thing to sell hits on King's new site? I read the article and learned nothing. 

Terrible.

I also thought his last paragraph was lame.  I'll take Damien Woody's analysis over Andrew Brandt's.  In about 5 days no one will be asking Hernandez questions in Foxborough. It will be long, long in the rearview mirror with all football all the time, just like it always is.

Mark Chmura or Aaron Hernandez, unfortunately, there will be NFL employees who will be felons in the future, a phone call at 4 AM or 4 PM.

LOL.  I see your side Russ.  What interested me is how a team  handles a situations regarding a player doing something wrong.  I don't think the Pats actually sat down with Hern though.  I think they heard as much as they needed and told him to stay away, even though he tried showing up for practice.  I was more interested in Brandts time at Greenbay and how they handled situations, rather than what he had to say about the Hern situation.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it's purely interesting info to read. there was interest in trying to bring Andrew to NE...but it did not work out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think the article raises one question.....is there a flaw in the security team in Foxborough? Should they have been more in tune with what AH was really up to?

Personally, I fell like AH "duped" a lot of very smart people. Sure there were a few warning signs that he was a punk who was hanging with the wrong crowd....but I don't think ANYONE truly knew to what extent.

Not sure if people will lose jobs over this, but I'd bet the farm that the Krafts will be a lot more in tune with security and background checks for future players. I that the Krafts are good people, and do everything they can to remedy this awful situation the best they can.

I don't need to hear from them. I don't need to hear from BB. The trust I have for the Krafts to do the right thing is plenty....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

it's purely interesting info to read. there was interest in trying to bring Andrew to NE...but it did not work out...

Why is it interesting?  It was a very boring piece really just him namedropping and gloating about how he now is working for slimebal Petey King vs working for ESPN.

The article's premise is basically what we already know. Don't break the law and don't be a moron, because you probably won't get away with it, even if you're rich and famous. You might in court, but you may not avoid being arrested and charged.

In what capacity was Brandt coming to NE?  In place of Reese? Reese trained Caserio on the contract process and Reese moved on since Caserio can now handle all aspects of the Pioli role.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he is writing for MMQB on a regular basis...I think he will be semi regular

The Pats interest was pre BB while Brandt was with Bob Wolfe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Claiming any NFL team or even any business in this world is supposed to know every exact out of office activity of an employee is a little silly.

I totally agree....it's next to impossible. I guess my point is that I feel very confident that the Krafts will absolutely make some changes so they are not made fools of again.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why is it interesting?  It was a very boring piece really just him namedropping and gloating about how he now is working for slimebal Petey King vs working for ESPN.

The article's premise is basically what we already know. Don't break the law and don't be a moron, because you probably won't get away with it, even if you're rich and famous. You might in court, but you may not avoid being arrested and charged.

In what capacity was Brandt coming to NE?  In place of Reese? Reese trained Caserio on the contract process and Reese moved on since Caserio can now handle all aspects of the Pioli role.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he is writing for MMQB on a regular basis...I think he will be semi regular

The Pats interest was pre BB while Brandt was with Bob Wolfe

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean ROn Wolf, Mt Hurl's favorite GM, who was only successful in the pre cap era. lol

[/QUOTE]

Brandt was a player agent before he worked in the Packers GM office...one of his clients I believe was Ricky Williams....he was a player agent out of Bob Wolfes office, which was BB arrived to NE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

First not everyone knows the name of the people in the front offices of every NFL team .

2nd the persons involved dindt say anything to the droncos.

4rd drnanrd had a been arrested before.

5th it doesnt say anthing about PEDs  in time we will know.

6th We have seen this with the Pats with a few players suspended but a appeals were still  going so didnt say anything.