MNF: Refs and the clock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

MNF: Refs and the clock

• It didn't change the outcome, but, it was so obvious to me. For those who DVR the game.
    • 4th QTR 5 1/2 minutes to go
    • PIT at their own 22
    • Mendenhall rushes for 36 yards
    • At the end of the run, Mendenhall goes out of bounds with exactly 5:11 to go as he crosses the sideline
    • When the Steelers hike the ball on the next play, THE CLOCK READS 4:49
    • 22 seconds burnt off the clock
    • a gift from the refs to the steelers

Like Pittsburgh needs that kind of stuff. I cant believe nobody in the whole Donkey organization caught it. I suppose that's why the Denver team is a bunch of donkeys.

If you DVR'd MNF, please check and report back, thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: MNF: Refs and the clock

Not positive on this and as I do not have DVR I cannot watch it again, but I believe the clock only stops when a player goes out of bounds until the ball is set and then the clock continues. The exception to the rule is the last 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter. I believe when a player steps out of bounds with the ball during this time the clock stops as one would expect.

Not positive on this one, but I did ask Mike Reiss this question and that was the response he emailed back to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I was just happy that the Broncos lost.  Any team with a better record or tie breaker advantage over the Pats is the enemy.  There are some Pats fans who wanted the Broncos to win anyways.  All I can say about that is this; may our troops be fortunate enough to face an enemy filled with such tacticians.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: MNF: Refs and the clock:
    [QUOTE]Not positive on this and as I do not have DVR I cannot watch it again, but I believe the clock only stops when a player goes out of bounds until the ball is set and then the clock continues. The exception to the rule is the last 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter. I believe when a player steps out of bounds with the ball during this time the clock stops as one would expect. Not positive on this one, but I did ask Mike Reiss this question and that was the response he emailed back to me.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

From the rulebook-

5. With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.

6. You're right.
    The mix up was, it happened right at 5 minutes to go. The time of the restart threw me off.