Mock Draft 3.0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Mock Draft 3.0

Post FA/Combine Mock

22) Sergio Kindle/Carlos Dunlap

Brandon Gramh is moving up to the 15 - 20 range... Dunlap is falling due to his motor.... however at 22 he would be the best player available

44) Jerry Hughes

we cannot get enough pass rush on this team, Hughes is on the rise but i think he will be at 44 for the taking and again he is the best player available

47) Demaryius Williams GT

6-3 224 freakish leap ability and straight line speed... scout say he is the closest thing to Randy Moss. long limbed and super fast down hill. he caught 46 passes for a 25.1 YPC average... lets see if he can run and jump before the combine.... if he does he is gone by this pick

53) Rob Gronkowski A

beast mode ala Daniel Graham... biggest TE in the draft with WR hands... 50/50 two tooled blocking and catching TE just what they need... I am not so concerned about the TE spot... reason i say that is because all we have to do is use Seabass in the red zone once or twice and make him a goal line threat then we can bring a 4 Tackle package in with Le Voir and Vollmer as our bookends... i would like to see the patriots use GUYTON and his speed as our goal-line package FB... use his speed and strength like we use to use Seau and Seymour.

4th) Ben Tate

Depth?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Mock Draft 3.0

In Response to Mock Draft 3.0:
    Post FA/Combine Mock 22) Sergio Kindle/Carlos Dunlap Brandon Gramh is moving up to the 15 - 20 range... Dunlap is falling due to his motor.... however at 22 he would be the best player available 44) Jerry Hughes we cannot get enough pass rush on this team, Hughes is on the rise but i think he will be at 44 for the taking and again he is the best player available 47) Demaryius Williams GT 6-3 224
    ...Posted by tagandtrade

Kindle will be gone by 22, Dunlap probably will be as well, but he scares me enough even if he were there that I hope they look elsewhere. 
    i think it's 50/50 on Graham being there. 

The GT receiver (Thomas, not Williams) will definitely be gone by 47, might even be gone by 22.  But there's some depth at that position.  I like Gilyard personally, although he's an entirely different cat than Thomas.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Maritime,

That is precisely why I posted this as a QUESTION  

There is a need for speed at fullback.... why..., the threat of speed and combination of size and strength makes a player two dimensional.

When we had Sam Gash did you think he was getting the ball? No... why? because the man could not move left to right he was all down hill power.

Now look at Lenard Weaver Power and Speed... I am not saying they have to have it but it would be nice.

But how do you say "you do not need speed @ fullback" did I read that right... give me a break how can you even say you do not need speed anywhere... the presence of speed and strength with intellect and athleticism is a plus at ALL positions

I am simply trying to be creative...

I do agree that Mike Wright would be better suited.

Do you have any suggestion about TE or did i make practical presumptions on those?

thanks 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Muzwell,

Thanks for the correction it is Thomas

I feel Demaryius may be available if he does not run before the draft. He is projected to go between 15 and 47 according to most rankings and i have not seen him crack the first in a mock yet... the highest i have seen him mocked is 44... 

I think Kindle and Dunlap may fall due to there mental makeup and BB may see something redeeming in the event they fall

All in all i am being an optimist here and i am basing it on the intangibles.

1) Low Wonderlick
    2) Change of position
    3) No combine and or Pro Day showing

Thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Mock Draft 3.0:
    In Response to Mock Draft 3.0 : Kindle will be gone by 22, Dunlap probably will be as well, but he scares me enough even if he were there that I hope they look elsewhere.  i think it's 50/50 on Graham being there.  The GT receiver (Thomas, not Williams) will definitely be gone by 47, might even be gone by 22.  But there's some depth at that position.  I like Gilyard personally, although he's an entirely different cat than Thomas.   
    Posted by Muzwell

A lot of people keep saying that all the high tweeners will be gone by 22 but that just isn't right. Graham and Kindle might be moving up the charts but it wouldn't be because of the combine. As one scout said 90% of the board is done before the combine even starts. The combine tends to rarely move players up or down a couple of places not these huge leaps we are talking about. Besides how many teams between 17-22 are look for guys like this in the 1st: 49ers, Pitt, maybe Atl. Looking at that 49er's are the most dangerous to grab him since Pitt needs more help in the OL and Atl could use a S to go along with Robinson. The 49ers have 2 relatively close picks in the 1st so they could go O and D but they are really an unknown here since there D could use help on the line and secondary just as long as Willis keeps the LB core strong. My feeling is that atleast 1 of Dunlap, Graham, and Kindle will be there at 22. I'm hoping that it's Graham and BB is willing to take a shot at a guy in the mold of Bruschi and Willie.

With Thomas his size is freakish but reading all the reports has me scared about him and wonder if he'll even be choosen in the 2nd. From what I've read he doesn't have that quick bust and is not a great route runner. He needs to build up speed which would cause him troube seperating from CB's. He also doesn't cut very well and being in a 3 option style offense this forces teams to load the box and gives Thomas the chance to build up the speed to get open down field. How would he perform when double teamed or has a S over top to cover deep? His size and down line speed might get him a look but these reports aren't glowing in terms of the skill set WR's need to succeed in the NFL. As we've learn through Watson a physically gifted athlete doesn't as mean a successful one on the field. I'd rather have a player like Golden Tate or Williams who are much better at route running and cuts. They are also better at those quick burst moves. Maybe not as fast but the name of the game is getting open. The other big benefit is coming from Carrolls USC style offense lets Williams transfer to the NFL much easier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I think the Pats will select Odrick at #22.  B. Graham is moving up the draft boards and by selecting Odrick, our D-line will be set for years.  

I think Hughes will be gone by #47 and he's a bit short anyways.  So is Graham so I think the Pats will choose neither.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I love Gronkowski in the 2nd and I think they'll address the O-line as well.

Odrick
    Ducasse
    Gronkowski
    Hardy

I'd like this draft, how bout you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I think the Pats will select Odrick at #22.  B. Graham is moving up the draft boards and by selecting Odrick, our D-line will be set for years.   I think Hughes will be gone by #47 and he's a bit short anyways.  So is Graham so I think the Pats will choose neither.  
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I love Gronkowski in the 2nd and I think they'll address the O-line as well. Odrick Ducasse Gronkowski Hardy I'd like this draft, how bout you?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

You guys need to take it easy with the projected OLB's. There have been so many bust the last 5-6 years its not funny. Teams will not draft these guys early this year or next , unless their worth it. And these guys arnt all that special right now , none has seperated from the other. And this draft isnt nearly as deep as most of you keep saying. LOL , its not a deep draft if everyone wants to get out of the first round , where's the depth in round one. Fact is the draft is deep in two areas , DT/OT. This is the weakest QB class Ive seen in years , the same can be said about the CB positon. AT rec. you have one stand out guy who looks great and 4-5 other guys who are ok , good. At S , you have two absolute studs in Berry and Thomas(who Ive been screaming about the past two years) and then what Mays who could be a LBer in 3-4 years if he doesnt get his chit straight. His a physical beast , but shows no instincts at all and is all over the field at times and not in a good way , LOL! Its not depth when you have a bunch of decent talent. DT and O-line is very strong and deep after that..not so much. And its very early at this point , it might really come down to that day and how the first 10-15 picks shape up. I think theres a good chance Berry , Haden , McClain , Thomas , will be there at say 10-16. There all guys worth trading up for , Id go after a stud or trade out to the early second(33-36).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know the order of availability but they are going to draft assuming they will keep their first 4 picks these positions: OL,OLB,WR,TE and possibly RB.. Now that would be one to many positions for the number of early picks but they have a 4rth round pick to grab either a WR or RB.