Mohamed Massaquoi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Mohamed Massaquoi

Looking at the free agent market, there is some quality wide receivers that are still available. Kevin Walter, David Nelson, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and a few others. The one the Patriots should give a look at is Mohamed Massaquoi. Its looking like the Cleveland Browns are not going to be re-signing him, so it would make sense to sign him. Massaquoi is a young, has good hands, and can be that wide receiver that can stretch the field. I honestly believe that the Patriots are waiting for David Nelson to be fully healthy and then sign him because they had interest in him before signing with the Bills. Signing either Massaquoi or the others is worth it because outside of Danny Amendola, not a lot at the wide receiver position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Mohamed Massaquoi

What of they just resign Lloyd? Guy knows the offense...was reasonably productive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I suggested MM a few weeks about but nobody seemed to keen on it. I figured he would be a good guy to give a 1 year prove yourself type of deal. Playing with Brady might showcase his talents moreso than what we saw with the JV guys he's had in Cleveland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

MM is definitly worth a look. Would be a nice low risk high reward type signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

What of they just resign Lloyd? Guy knows the offense...was reasonably productive.

If the Patriots were to re-sign Lloyd, I wouldn't have an issue with Brandon Lloyd coming back to the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I suggested MM a few weeks about but nobody seemed to keen on it. I figured he would be a good guy to give a 1 year prove yourself type of deal. Playing with Brady might showcase his talents moreso than what we saw with the JV guys he's had in Cleveland.

I agree with you, the quarterback situation that Mohamed Massaquoi and some of the other wide receivers (like Brian Robiskie) were dealt with handicapped them the whole time. He's capable of big plays and this is the kind of wide receiver that Tom will embrace if he comes to the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ive always liked his game, just didnt know he was available. Unless he is coming from mallet trade I dont think it happens thought. Havent heard much news about him and I think Sanders is still on their radar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No thanks, glad he's gone

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

WR market is dismal now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

If the Patriots were to re-sign Lloyd, I wouldn't have an issue with Brandon Lloyd coming back to the team.

We really don't know what Lloyd did in the locker room. I'm wondering why no one has touched him yet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ive always liked his game, just didnt know he was available. Unless he is coming from mallet trade I dont think it happens thought. Havent heard much news about him and I think Sanders is still on their radar.

Massaquoi is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Because Lloyd, for all his faults, is better than the list of bad players with speed listed above. Fans want fantasy. Coaches want wins. Lloyd is not the best but he might be the best for the money. Not sure. But I dont want Bey and the likes of him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Agree.  The guy had 74 catches for over 900 yards.  Not too shabby and could be better this year.  It would be nice though to get more speed on the outside, but if they can't do this, I think bringing Lloyd back would be a good option.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This is the WR corps we are shooting for? Amendola, Jones, MM, Slater and maybe Sanders. Wow. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

This is the WR corps we are shooting for? Amendola, Jones, MM, Slater and maybe Sanders. Wow. 

I forgot about Sanders.  Do the Pats still have an offer on the table for him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nelson, lloyd and masaquoi through FA would be good, with darick rogers in the draft and we would be set at WR with some great camp competition for jones, amendola, slater.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Lloyds bi-polar created a lot of tension in the locker room and at practice-was called strange/wierd by many Pats players-he's a mental time bomb.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think MM would be a great, low-risk pick-up. I would also like to see them make an offer and get Sanders away from Pittsburgh. Then in cmap, let Sanders, MM, Amendola, and Nelson battle it out for the top two spots. Then hopefully run a good share of the 2WR, 2 TE, 1 RB set...if Gronk and Hern can be healthy at the same time at some point of course! You could have MM and Sanders on the outside for some packages, and then bring in Amendola and move Hernandez outside for others, very tricky to plan for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Lloyds bi-polar created a lot of tension in the locker room and at practice-was called strange/wierd by many Pats players-he's a mental time bomb.

link?

ARTICLES IN BOTH THE HERALD AND GLOBE COVERING THE LlOYD ISSUE-not very computer savvy-but the article was in one or both papers.