Mohamed Sanu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Mohamed Sanu

In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : exactly. it's like saying we had so many pass rushers last year.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

cmon guys. with 5 or 6 good 63 220 or bigger good outside wr's, it's an unusual year that we should take advantage of. any other year we wont sniff these guys where we draft

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : cmon guys. with 5 or 6 good 63 220 or bigger good outside wr's, it's an unusual year that we should take advantage of. any other year we wont sniff these guys where we draft
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

i am not sure you understood what i was saying. 

i totally agree that you pick one or two kids in the draft's position of strength. this year, it is WR. having many wide receivers in the roster is no reason to not draft a wide receiver. i believe in drafting to push the bar on your starting roster. picking at the position of strength is how that is done.

i made the pass rusher comment because last year the pats did not pick a pass rusher - i presume out of a belief that the team had many pass rushers. i believe there were a number of kids last year who could have upgraded the pass rush. 

i think the team just got lucky with carter and anderson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : i am not sure you understood what i was saying.  i totally agree that you pick one or two kids in the draft's position of strength. this year, it is WR. having many wide receivers in the roster is no reason to not draft a wide receiver. i believe in drafting to push the bar on your starting roster. picking at the position of strength is how that is done. i made the pass rusher comment because last year the pats did not pick a pass rusher - i presume out of a belief that the team had many pass rushers. i believe there were a number of kids last year who could have upgraded the pass rush.  i think the team just got lucky with carter and anderson.

hey seattle,
     i believe i was reponding to the general conversation. thanks for clarifying your positon (which i share) 
    re:

" i totally agree that you pick one or two kids in the draft's position of strength. this year, it is WR. having many wide receivers in the roster is no reason to not draft a wide receiver. i believe in drafting to push the bar on your starting roster. "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : hey seattle,  i believe i was reponding to the general conversation. thanks for clarifying your positon (which i share)  re: " i totally agree that you pick one or two kids in the draft's position of strength. this year, it is WR. having many wide receivers in the roster is no reason to not draft a wide receiver. i believe in drafting to push the bar on your starting roster. "

got it. i hope the team feels the same way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : cmon guys. with 5 or 6 good 63 220 or bigger good outside wr's, it's an unusual year that we should take advantage of. any other year we wont sniff these guys where we draft

Good point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Even with his less than stellar 40 time, I hope we grab Sanu.  As a Rutger's Alum I have watched him often. He will be a solid, great hands addition to our team with good character.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Mohamed Sanu:
    [QUOTE]  Wouldn't shock me if this guy turns to be the best of the 2012 wr class .     A projected 2nd rounder that reminds me alot of another semi-afterthought wr named Anquon Bolden ( 2nd round 2004 ) Mohamed Sanu, 6-2/211 Wide Receiver Rutgers Mohamed Sanu Scouting Report   Strengths: Phenomenal hands Excellent size Superb route-runner Knows the route tree from every receiver position Dangerous with ball in his hands Picks up yards after the catch Quickness Great body control Very good working the middle of the field Versatile athlete, lots of carries at running back Physical with cornerbacks Is a red-zone weapon Great third-down receiver Good blocker Leaping ability Tough; can take big hits and comes back Fiery Quality guy in the locker room Ideal fit in a West Coast offense Video Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

he also had no QB, but still made plays on overthrown ball and passes behind him

he's good.  Reminds me of Dwayne Bowe, could break tackles, could be a matchup nightmare, unjammable, huge catch radius

Sanu is almost like a 3rd TE, like a Hernandez who can win blocks against DBs but still run fast

I love the idea, but only if it's from our third pick onward (value)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mohamed Sanu : he also had no QB, but still made plays on overthrown ball and passes behind him he's good.  Reminds me of Dwayne Bowe, could break tackles, could be a matchup nightmare, unjammable, huge catch radius Sanu is almost like a 3rd TE, like a Hernandez who can win blocks against DBs but still run fast I love the idea, but only if it's from our third pick onward (value)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

When I started this thread a week or so ago - it seemed like Sanu was hardly gettin' any pub at all ...especially compared to other wrs in the draft.

( Credit where credit is due  - If it wasn't for LAZ pumpin' him up ...I doubt I would have even taken the time to research him )

Unfortunately , it's that time of year when draft prospects rise n fall ( at least in the media ) and it now appears that Sanu will likely not be available very long into the 2nd round ( if recent reports are to be believed ).

Admittedly - I'm no draftnik ...

but I know what I like .

To me , Mohamad Sanu just seems like a player that we'll be hearing about for many years to come in the NFL .

I'm hopin' Mike Reiss is a major contributer on that front.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

my final mock!

1st round (27)

Whitney Mercilus*, DE/OLB, Illinois
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 261.
    40 Time: 4.63. 10-Yd Split: 1.56.
    Bench: 27.
    Vertical: 32. Broad: 9-10.
    Arm: 33 7/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 1.

1st round (31)

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 247.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
    Bench: 27.
    Arm: 27. Hand: 10.
    Projected Round (2012): 1-2. 

yeah i'm going to take this guy! he could be used as a WR or as a TE with us using hernandez as a WR.

2nd round (48 from Oakland)

Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 299.
    40 Time: 4.79.
    Bench: 36.
    Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 9-5.
    Arm: 33 1/4. Hand: 9 1/2.
    Projected Round (2012): 1-2.

2nd round (62)

Trade for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, round pick

276 points= 3rd ~150, 4th ~80, 5th ~35, 6th ~21  for a total of ~286

3rd from trade

George Iloka, S, Boise State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
    40 Time: 4.59.
    Bench: 20.
    Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 10-4.
    Arm: 34 1/2. Hand: 9 5/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

3rd pick 93

Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 197.
    40 Time: 4.41. 10-Yd Split: 1.50
    Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-8.
    Arm: 31. Hand: 8 5/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

4th round pick (126)

Jake Bequette, DE/OLB, Arkansas
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 275.
    40 Time: 4.78. 10-Yd Split: 1.72.
    Vertical: 34. Broad: 9-5.
    Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4.
    Projected Round (2012): 4.

4th round (from trade)

Kashif Moore, WR, U Conneticut
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 194.
    40 Time: 4.41.
    Vertical: 43.5.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

5th round from trade

Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 194.
    40 Time: 4.44. 10-Yd Split: 1.51.
    Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-6.
    Arm: 30 1/4.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

6th round (from trade)

Ryan Miller, G, Colorado
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 321.
    40 Time: 5.27.
    Bench: 32.
    Arm: 33 1/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 6

7th round (trade for with philly)

Louis Nzegwu, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 253.
    40 Time: 4.54.
    Bench: 22.
    Arm: 33 3/4.

41.5” vertical jump!
    Projected Round (2012): 7-FA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i prefer mcnutt. he and sanu are rated close to each other

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

[QUOTE]my final mock! 1 st round (27) Whitney Mercilus*, DE/OLB, Illinois Height: 6-4. Weight: 261. 40 Time: 4.63. 10-Yd Split: 1.56. Bench: 27. Vertical: 32. Broad: 9-10. Arm: 33 7/8. Projected Round (2012): 1. 1 st round (31) Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford Height: 6-6. Weight: 247. Projected 40 Time: 4.71. Bench: 27. Arm: 27. Hand: 10. Projected Round (2012): 1-2.  yeah i'm going to take this guy! he could be used as a WR or as a TE with us using hernandez as a WR. 2 nd round (48 from Oakland) Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut Height: 6-4. Weight: 299. 40 Time: 4.79. Bench: 36. Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 9-5. Arm: 33 1/4. Hand: 9 1/2. Projected Round (2012): 1-2. 2 nd round (62) Trade for 3 rd , 4 th , 5 th , 6 th , round pick 276 points= 3 rd ~150, 4 th ~80, 5 th ~35, 6 th ~21   for a total of ~286 3 rd from trade George Iloka, S, Boise State Height: 6-4. Weight: 225. 40 Time: 4.59. Bench: 20. Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 10-4. Arm: 34 1/2. Hand: 9 5/8. Projected Round (2012): 3-4. 3 rd pick 93 Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati Height: 5-10. Weight: 197. 40 Time: 4.41. 10-Yd Split: 1.50 Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-8. Arm: 31. Hand: 8 5/8. Projected Round (2012): 3-4. 4 th round pick (126) Jake Bequette, DE/OLB, Arkansas Height: 6-5. Weight: 275. 40 Time: 4.78. 10-Yd Split: 1.72. Vertical: 34. Broad: 9-5. Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4. Projected Round (2012): 4. 4 th round (from trade) Kashif Moore, WR, U Conneticut Height: 5-9. Weight: 194. 40 Time: 4.41. Vertical: 43.5. Projected Round (2012): 4-5. 5 th round from trade Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M Height: 6-0. Weight: 194. 40 Time: 4.44. 10-Yd Split: 1.51. Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-6. Arm: 30 1/4. Projected Round (2012): 4-5. 6 th round (from trade) Ryan Miller, G, Colorado Height: 6-7. Weight: 321. 40 Time: 5.27. Bench: 32. Arm: 33 1/8. Projected Round (2012): 6 7 th round (trade for with philly) Louis Nzegwu, DE/OLB, Wisconsin Height: 6-4. Weight: 253. 40 Time: 4.54. Bench: 22. Arm: 33 3/4. 41.5” vertical jump! Projected Round (2012): 7-FA
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I totally love your 7th round pick, im hoping the pats pick that kid up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In Response to Mohamed Sanu:
    [QUOTE]  Wouldn't shock me if this guy turns to be the best of the 2012 wr class .     A projected 2nd rounder that reminds me alot of another semi-afterthought wr named Anquon Bolden ( 2nd round 2004 ) Mohamed Sanu, 6-2/211 Wide Receiver Rutgers Mohamed Sanu Scouting Report   Strengths: Phenomenal hands Excellent size Superb route-runner Knows the route tree from every receiver position Dangerous with ball in his hands Picks up yards after the catch Quickness Great body control Very good working the middle of the field Versatile athlete, lots of carries at running back Physical with cornerbacks Is a red-zone weapon Great third-down receiver Good blocker Leaping ability Tough; can take big hits and comes back Fiery Quality guy in the locker room Ideal fit in a West Coast offense Video Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]i prefer mcnutt. he and sanu are rated close to each other http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFm2FweXHE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzDog7j9ziE

Thanks for the McNutt Vids seattlepat70 ...good stuff .

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pats uni .

I understand it's a "highlight" reel so obviously it's going to show his best stuff  , but I was struck by how many game clinching catches he snagged
     ( not just the receptions that resulted in pts. - but the chain moving - game ending ones)

Crunch-time clutch receiver .

Didnt see any of his blocking tho  - an area in which Sanu excels.
    ( maybe just the vid makers choice ? )

Added McBonus :
    Next to Mercilus ....McNutts probably got the drafts best name .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : Interesting. I think Fleener is going to be a real good selection for someone, but I don't think you'd have much success playing him as a wideout (I think the quickness and speed needed, are more than he has).   Fleener makes a lot of nice catches on the move - running across the field, where the linebacker or safety has to go from standing still, to trying to cover him. It's a clear mismatch and he breaks free from coverage from it (as he should). I don't know if he would get open so easily with a corner standing right on top of him out wide - having to run outs and deeper stuff with a sideline and defender closing him in. Those are the things I think are best left for wide receivers. I think the guy will catch a lot of passes in the NFL, however I think they'll be more the tight end or maybe slot type of variety. Hell I'd take him at the end of round one just because he's a real good player and he ran a 4.45. I don't care that we have two good tight ends already - injuries happen and this guy would walk right in and give you 40 catches.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  BB takes Fleener if he drops to him. Moves Hernandez to the slot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

upshaw at 27 fleener at 31

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu :  When I started this thread a week or so ago - it seemed like Sanu was hardly gettin' any pub at all ...especially compared to other wrs in the draft. ( Credit where credit is due  - If it wasn't for LAZ pumpin' him up ...I doubt I would have even taken the time to research him ) Unfortunately , it's that time of year when draft prospects rise n fall ( at least in the media ) and it now appears that Sanu will likely not be available very long into the 2nd round ( if recent reports are to be believed ). Admittedly - I'm no draftnik ... but I know what I like . To me , Mohamad Sanu just seems like a player that we'll be hearing about for many years to come in the NFL .  I'm hopin' Mike Reiss is a major contributer on that front.

I've been pumping him up on ESPN Boston boards, but nobody there has heard of him

I watched Rutgers play all year with my roommate here at Iona.  He's the real deal, and his QB play was TERRIBLE

With no QB, he was still making plays.  I really like the idea of combining him with Brady and watching him go.

If he's there for either second round pick, I think he'd be worth it.  My question is where Janoris Jenkins goes. Can you get a safety, and possibly an OLB in the first round, then get a WR, then still get a great CB prospect at 63 in Jenkins?  that would be ideal

Or bundle picks to get Barron (who I think is worth it), then nab Jenkins and Sanu? then re-sign Carter

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Somehow I just don't see BB drafting Fleener.  Sanu is a definite possibility but another TE?  Yes, I do understand the thinking behind moving Hernandez to the slot but I'm not convinced.

Don't claim to be an expert so I certainly won't be shocked if Fleener ends up in the Pats column.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Sanu gets a yes from me.  I don't know anything about his football intelligence, or lack thereof, but he hits in a number of important categories:

First, he has overly long arms for his height, and his height is ok.  His hands are huge, which really helps him hang on to the ball and pull in those one-hand grabs.  Put Sanu against Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Wilson and if the ball comes to Sanu's side, he'll get it every time.  If it comes to Wilson's side he'll reach in and knock the ball away.

Second, nobody else will want a player from a dinky school like Rutgers.  McCourty came from Rutgers and won rookie of the year but most teams will ignore that.

Third, this guy turned in a 4.65 at the combine.  Can't run.  Except he was sick that day at the combine.  At his pro day he turned in a 4.41 and a 4.47.  Sounds like another Brandon Spikes slow combine numbers.  Which teams didn't send scouts to the Rutgers pro day?

Fourth, fearless across the middle.  BB will appreciate that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Sanu gets a yes from me.  I don't know anything about his football intelligence, or lack thereof, but he hits in a number of important categories: First, he has overly long arms for his height, and his height is ok.  His hands are huge, which really helps him hang on to the ball and pull in those one-hand grabs.  Put Sanu against Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Wilson and if the ball comes to Sanu's side, he'll get it every time.  If it comes to Wilson's side he'll reach in and knock the ball away. Second, nobody else will want a player from a dinky school like Rutgers.  McCourty came from Rutgers and won rookie of the year but most teams will ignore that. Third, this guy turned in a 4.65 at the combine.  Can't run.  Except he was sick that day at the combine.  At his pro day he turned in a 4.41 and a 4.47.  Sounds like another Brandon Spikes slow combine numbers.  Which teams didn't send scouts to the Rutgers pro day? Fourth, fearless across the middle.  BB will appreciate that.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Sanu ran a 4.41 at his pro day? If that's the case then he won't be available when we pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : Sanu ran a 4.41 at his pro day? If that's the case then he won't be available when we pick.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

They were hand timed results, but he definitely ran faster than his time at the Combine any way you slice it.  Surpisingly this result doesn't seem to have gotten a lot of hype so maybe he'll stay under the radar.  One can dream I suppose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : They were hand timed results, but he definitely ran faster than his time at the Combine any way you slice it.  Surpisingly this result doesn't seem to have gotten a lot of hype so maybe he'll stay under the radar.  One can dream I suppose. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/03/rutgers_wr_mohamed_sanu_boosts.html
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Yeah I googled it - he ran a 4.51 (which isn't bad). From 0-10 yards he ran a 1.65..which I'm assuming isn't good. I doubt he or anyone else is capable of staying under the radar, if they were agents and scouts would be getting fired. I like him as a player and would love to see him here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think Sanu goes somewhere in the 35-40 range.  Pats could trade down with the idea of getting him and acquiring an extra 4th rounder. 

For instance, what if Cleveland wants to jump up to #27 to take Weeden?  They offer their 2nd round pick (36th overall) and their 4th rounder (100th overall).  Not bad, but my only gripe with this scenario is that Green Bay and Baltimore are both likely to target a DE/OLB type, so guys like McClellin and C. Jones could both be off the board by the 31st pick.