Money is heavily on Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Money is heavily on Miami

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regardless, if the Pats are down how many Pat fans are going to turn the channel?  Not many.  One of the most enjoyable years for me.  A lot of guts, will and determination on display.  

[/QUOTE]

With all the injury problems, this year is beginning to resemble the 2008 season in the sense that, unlike in years past, there are no lofty expectations...and every game is an adventure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My money is on New England

[/QUOTE]

There is going to be alot of broken hearted fin fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

To be clinical the dolphins are 0-1 against the spread vs division opponenets. Pats are 0-2 ATS vs div opponents on the road. Something has to give.

The one telling trend is in the last 6 games against Miami on the road the Pats are 4-1-1 ATS.

When gambling on a game where the spread is less than a FG always take the team that has the better QB & Coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to SilverSun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miami is due and they do play the Pats histoically tough in Miani.  Maybe this is the game Our Tomm runs out of silver bullets.

[/QUOTE]

Just make sure your boyfriend shows up this year in the title game because he hasn't in his last 3 at home, that is for damn sure, troll.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, but will your sweetie's Defense show up for the game?  We've been anxiously waiting their arrival since 2005.

I heard, once in 2007 they showed up to the party and rang the doorbell but when they opened the door, there was nobody there.  Must have been a prank.  No further sightings.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into this but the defense did play well in Super Bowl 46 and were playing well in last years playoffs before the talib injury.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Dear.  The 10 minute opening drive they allowed the Gints was awesome, so was the final drive. Let's not forget the final quarter where they allowed the gints to score twice.

So I guess you could say they played ok, for half a game, but the Gint's D played lights out for 3/4th.

The 2012 squad allowed 100% rz scores, 4/4.

That might be acceptable to some with rosy pink glasses but some expect more from a defensive genius's team.  I'm sure the genius, himself, does too.

[/QUOTE]

Can someone please explain why it's the defense's fault for not stopping their opponent from scoring, but it's not the offense's fault for failing to score against their opponent? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My numbers have the Dolphins by a mere 0.4 points. 

The Patriots lost Gronkowski.  That hurts.  The team had a letdown after they lost Wes Welker going into the playoffs one year.

I have two pieces of good news.  First, BB tends to play a team better the second time that the Patriots meet them in a particular year. 

Second, BB's philosophy is to "get younger", to start a bunch of rookies in September who get pretty good by December.  Think Dobson, Boyce, Kenbrell Thompkins to take up some of the slack with Gronkowski out.  Also, BB rescues people such as Soap and Sealver Siliga.  Suddenly there's at least half of a run defense in the center of the D-line where there wasn't anything at all.  These guys are racking up modestly successful numbers for journeymen.  Finally, the Patriot offense works better in December because it's such a complex hurryup offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots are 9-1 in the last 10 games vs the Dolphins.

[/QUOTE]

Solid tfb12!  By 4 pm our time we'll be leading AFC without Mayo, Wilfork, and Gronk! ....and others, plus many in and out of lineup most of year!   Wowza!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Was listening to mark scheritz , he said as a cold weather team playing in Miami in december  it was absolutely the worst for him to play. the humididty just made him feel horrible. Never enjoyed it

so what will the weather be?

possible t storms

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Line has dropped to NE-1 from NE-2.5 in one day. And depending who you,,,ah..do business with.... some have the game as a pk.

Gonna be a lot of unhappy betters come Sunday evening....

[/QUOTE]

im surprised the patriots were even favored. if the o line doesnt step up sunday its going to be a long afternoon. the d line has struggled too but thats to be expected when you lose a wilfolk and kelly. hopefully this will be the year they draft a couple of dt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Line has dropped to NE-1 from NE-2.5 in one day. And depending who you,,,ah..do business with.... some have the game as a pk.

Gonna be a lot of unhappy betters come Sunday evening....

[/QUOTE]

Given that the Pats have won 6 games by a total of 16 points, The Paper Tigers should not be favored against any team.

[/QUOTE]

I know right, I mean if we don't get enough sports writers to vote for us we may not get to play for the national ......oh wait this is Pro Football where it only matters about wins and losses. Points may come in in some tie situations. Now how is your team doing? BWAAAAAA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Miami is due and they do play the Pats histoically tough in Miani.  Maybe this is the game Our Tomm runs out of silver bullets.

[/QUOTE]

Just make sure your boyfriend shows up this year in the title game because he hasn't in his last 3 at home, that is for damn sure, troll.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, but will your sweetie's Defense show up for the game?  We've been anxiously waiting their arrival since 2005.

I heard, once in 2007 they showed up to the party and rang the doorbell but when they opened the door, there was nobody there.  Must have been a prank.  No further sightings.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into this but the defense did play well in Super Bowl 46 and were playing well in last years playoffs before the talib injury.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Dear.  The 10 minute opening drive they allowed the Gints was awesome, so was the final drive. Let's not forget the final quarter where they allowed the gints to score twice.

So I guess you could say they played ok, for half a game, but the Gint's D played lights out for 3/4th.

That might be acceptable to some with rosy pink glasses but some expect more from a defensive genius's team.  I'm sure the genius, himself, does too.

[/QUOTE]

Can someone please explain why it's the defense's fault for not stopping their opponent from scoring, but it's not the offense's fault for failing to score against their opponent? 

[/QUOTE]

yeah and another thing that isnt mentioned is that in many of those game that the defense supposidly blew it was the offense that couldnt get first downs to run out the clock. they went three and out for the last few drives in a few of those games. they lose as a team they win as a team. neither the offense nor the defense is perfectn but who is. ? what team has a better record than the patriots the past five or even ten years? nobody. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Good news for me the game is on Tv here in Arizona, bad news I will be flying at work during an exercise. :( Do have my daughter DVR'ing for me so I can watch it later in the week when I get home. I expect a close game but this is for a hat and t-shirt so I think the Pats do what it will take to get it done!

Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There isn't a lot of difference between Patriots by 2.5 points and Patriots by 1 point.  Ties, 1 point victories and 2 point victories are relatively uncommon in the NFL these days, because of the two point conversion option.  Tying the score, then going on to possibly win in overtime is standard NFL procedure.  Most victories are 3 point victories or 4 point victories.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regardless, if the Pats are down how many Pat fans are going to turn the channel?  Not many.  One of the most enjoyable years for me.  A lot of guts, will and determination on display.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you gary, the way we have been winning is just as enjoyable if not more so then blowing teams out. I just hope it can translate to a stronger mental toughness in the post season. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Jet trolls are M I A tonight.  They're rooting for the  Pats to beat Miami.  Isn't that special?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Sorry guys!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297733/article/madden-predictions-tannehill-topples-tom-brady-patriots?campaign=Twitter_writers_rank

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Pats usually respond and play well when they are underdogs. I am sure BB has put his foot in the players bums after the cleveland game and the first half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well silly, of course they have to score.  Never seen a team win with zero points but I have seen teams win with only scoring 3 or 6 or 9 or 13 or 17.

I've just never, ever, ever, seen a team win when the D gives up more points than the O scores.  Have you?

You see, it's very unlikely teams score 30+ every week. Sometimes they play REAAAAALLLL good D's.  Sometimes they drop lots of balls that should have been caught and sometimes their own D is soooo bad that they can't get off the field to get the ball back to the O so that they have enough possessions to mathematically even score 30 points.  All teams have 3 and outs, well unless they play the pats, apparently.  The average team only scores about 22 points in 12 possessions.  That's a whole lot of 3 and outs, don't you think?  Considering that's only 3-5 scores in 12 possessions, reduce that by 4 possessions and you have low scores, Right?    RIGHT?

The ravens won a game 7 to 6 last year against cinci, imagine that, in Goodyy offensive league.  In the SB they made a goal line stand on the last possession and also had a st score.  Flacco went 3 and out quite a bit in the second half, but he had help and it was a 13 or 14 possession game, not 8.  He had lots of opportunities to score and when you have a team that typically has a better o than the other team, you need those possessions to garner a lead.  It's simple math really. 

Also the fewer possessions, the more perfect you have to be.  Sometimes that's difficult when your throwing from your butt for the majority of the game and what makes that even more difficult is when the OTHER QB, is NOT.   Doesn't seem quite fair does it?

One QB throwing from his butt and the other not.  hmmm, why was the other QB, not?

I'd say his job is a lot easier.  Wouldn't you?

That's why they're defending Superbowl champs and we're not.

Did that answer your question?   Glad I could help.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a hat and T-shirt game,the Pats will win. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, well, even if they were to lose, each game from here-on-out is a "Hat & t-shirt game". Pats have 3 losses... a win in any of their remaining games and they win the AFC East. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is a December game that matters for both teams.  Miami is the home team - advantage Miami.  NE has Brady and Belichick - advantage NE.  This will game will be decided by execution.  I see NE in a very tough, competitive game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

My numbers have the Dolphins by a mere 0.4 points. 

The Patriots lost Gronkowski.  That hurts.  The team had a letdown after they lost Wes Welker going into the playoffs one year.

I have two pieces of good news.  First, BB tends to play a team better the second time that the Patriots meet them in a particular year. 

Second, BB's philosophy is to "get younger", to start a bunch of rookies in September who get pretty good by December.  Think Dobson, Boyce, Kenbrell Thompkins to take up some of the slack with Gronkowski out.

RESPONSE: Both Thompson and Dobson are out again this week. The tonnage of injuries this season has been unbelievable. Brady will have Edelman, Boyce, and Amendola as his WRs, with "Black Jack" Mulligan as his TE. If I were Miami, I'd consider playing a nickel "D" most of the game to make sure that there was a DB and not a LB covering Vereen.  

Also, BB rescues people such as Soap and Sealver Siliga.  Suddenly there's at least half of a run defense in the center of the D-line where there wasn't anything at all.  These guys are racking up modestly successful numbers for journeymen.  Finally, the Patriot offense works better in December because it's such a complex hurryup offense.

RESPONSE: Odds are that we'll see more of the hurry-up this week, and more of Stevan Ridley carrying the ball...especially if the Dolphins play a lot of nickel.

On a side note, congratulations on your weekly picks, especially of late, Paul. You've really been knocking 'em out of the park! Guess all of us should have studied mathematics a bit harder...LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a hat and T-shirt game,the Pats will win. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, well, even if they were to lose, each game from here-on-out is a "Hat & t-shirt game". Pats have 3 losses... a win in any of their remaining games and they win the AFC East. 

[/QUOTE]

The Pats must earn a bye. And, if they want to beat Denver, they must play them in New England. In any event, anything less than a 2-1 record in their final three games is totally unacceptable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Solid tfb12!  By 4 pm our time we'll be leading AFC without Mayo, Wilfork, and Gronk! ....and others, plus many in and out of lineup most of year!   Wowza!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dude!

Need solid day from Edelman, Amendola and Vereen since Thompkins and Dobson are out.  Would like to see Collie and Boyce make an impact also on offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dude!

Need solid day from Edelman, Amendola and Vereen since Thompkins and Dobson are out.  Would like to see Collie and Boyce make an impact also on offense.

[/QUOTE]

I'm concerned about the ability of the Pats to score in the red zone. All of their WRs are smurf types. Here's where the Pats will miss Gronk most. Great photo of Brady bronco-busting the dolphin! LOL!!!